Autopsy 2023 AFL Draft - Day 1 & 2 Kickoff at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Small/med defender and KPF are my remaining needs. So Cabor or Gander. All the talk is Kirk though, unless we think he can go down back I'm not sure why.
Wouldn't be surprised if Kirk ends up a lockdown small defender.. His temperament seems pretty well suited.
Be very happy with a combo of Nick Smith and Captain Kirk

2 talls in the draft. I guess that seals Sam Reid's career.

It's ridiculous how the media jump on the bandwagon as soon as something out of the ordinary happens.
"29 picks in the first round. This is ridiculous" they say and "the AFL will have to address this."
Seems odd that the same system of academy bids, father/son bids and compensation picks have been in place for many years yet this is the first time that round 1 has gone anywhere near this many picks. Let's see what happens next year before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

we live in a world of faux outrage ... and this is football ... with so many "new media" outlets these days, footy journos (and most other kind of journos) are on one high horse after another, all trying to "out-outrage" the competition, louder and louder ...
as you point out, this is a good example of the inanity of faux outrage ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't the Lions match on Snell?
Because they couldn't. Snell had not played in the Academy long enough for them to select. They would have hoped he'd fall through to the rookie draft.

Geez, Carlton hit the jackpot when Camporoele hit the target twice 18 years ago........

On that note, say if there's a total gun of a kid who looks like one of our former players. Could we get him to take a DNA test to check so that we could use F/S to get him (or her) 😉
A team full of Cappers? No thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 AFL Draft - Day 1 & 2 Kickoff at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back