Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

You been hacked ?
Nah lol. Geelong were cooked tonight so was hoping they would fall over the line.

Lions just keep hanging in there. 5 main concerns.
1. Umpiring (they lead the free kick ladder)
2. They are fast and score quickly
3. They are finishing their games very strongly
4. Neutrals will be behind them
5. They match us well / beaten us

Oh, we will still win but a cooked Geelong a near certainty.

Fast players win premierships.

What a game! Congrats to both teams for their fight.

It was surprising that Geelong lost in some part due to not doing the little things right, it seemed very un-Geelong.

We know one thing. Brisbane will keep coming and coming and coming in the Grand Final, and so will the Swans. Suspect there may be a few players on drips after the game!

One upshot of Geelong losing is that Rampe will be less likely to be rubbed out through a dodgy suspension.

Dangerfield’s sling tackle was a definite suspension in the regular season. I was worried the tribunal would apply some stupid false equivalence and also rub out Rampe if they rubbed out Dangerfield.

One upshot of Geelong losing is that Rampe will be less likely to be rubbed out through a dodgy suspension.

Dangerfield’s sling tackle was a definite suspension in the regular season. I was worried the tribunal would apply some stupid false equivalence and also rub out Rampe if they rubbed out Dangerfield.
m

Rampe already clear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's already been decided. No charge to answer

?

Looking at the stats the game will be won in the stoppages. We score more than (differential) recently from stoppages and match up pretty much even for turnover points

Rampes just a fine

Almost without fail prelim final weekend, one easy win, one epic win. There will be debate which path is better, but the results say the premiers can come from either.
Umps will be a worry next week for some reason they get a fair run from them, some of the umpiring in the first qtr last time. fmd. Anyway it's the week to be a full nuffie and back us in to get it done, both sides on paper very evenly matched.

Cats are an ageing side and the youngsters coming through, are not high end. They got as far as they did through good coaching and a strong club culture. But ultimately, the talent and class of the Lions shone through.

I'm very wary of the Lions. They actually structure up in a similar way to us and play a similar style. If they get on a run, as demonstrated in the last 2 weeks, they can score very quickly. Stopping them at the contest as always is key but they have the added danger of their intercept marking and rebound out of defence. They have shown that they are a dangerous forward line when the ball hits the ground.

I can't see this being an easy game but am confident we can get the job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back