List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

If Hardeman is at our pick 17?, reckon he's a chance.
Him & NWM on HBF's would be good to watch in future years.
I really like the look of hardeman. Looks a real competitor, good in the air and on the ground. Captained Western Australia in the champs. He’s got that headless chook style about him, yeah he might make some mistakes, but he seems willing to take the game on. Reminds me a bit of a Ed richards from the dogs who has turned into a very good footballer

My question is, why don’t WCE bid on Jed Walter at pick 1. Force Gold Coast to match or get a generational key forward.
All the talk is that this kid is a freak, so why aren’t clubs making GC cough up.

My question is, why don’t WCE bid on Jed Walter at pick 1. Force Gold Coast to match or get a generational key forward.
All the talk is that this kid is a freak, so why aren’t clubs making GC cough up.
Reid is the clear number one still. They won't bid on a player just to make Gold Coast pay up.

There are positives that comes with getting the number one pick for both player and club.

Could be a call between:

1st Pick

Darcy Wilson
Riley Hardeman
Charlie Edwards

2nd Pick

Archie Roberts
Tew Jiath
Ollie Murphy

Cant see Collard, Edwards, Demattia, Hardeman getting through to our 2nd pick.
Is Murphy a genuine chance to make it to our second pick?

If so you would think we'd jump on him if we were able to get a mid with our first

Still hope Leake gets through to us. Darcy Wilson looks pretty vanilla to me. Is he quick?
Able to play on either side of midfield or as a high half-forward, the key aspect of Wilson's game is his running ability. He covers serious ground in each post, highlighted by his 2km time at the recent National Draft Combine, placing second with an effort of 5:52. What it may look like at the next level is a role on the wing where Wilson can accumulate as he does on the outside, leaning on his speed-endurance mix.

The 18-year-old's all-round athleticism is another of his strengths, also showcased at the combine. He sprung out of the box to notch the top running vertical jump (98cm), in addition to top 10 finishes in the standing vertical jump (76cm) and agility test (8.263 seconds). How that translates on-field is Wilson's deceptively good overhead marking when playing forward, and his eye-catching evasiveness around the ground.

Is Murphy a genuine chance to make it to our second pick?

If so you would think we'd jump on him if we were able to get a mid with our first
Apparently he has fallen to the start of round 2 according to Twomey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen but would love to see it.

Gold Coast would be stuffed because they have traded in all these picks for points and would need to go ahead and take him.

Can't believe North didn't bid on Daicos, that was a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back