Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might turn out to be that…but I have zero confidence he can back up from a game the week before (hasn’t done it since he arrived)…so I think high possibility. But if not this week then I am very confident we won’t get 4 weeks in A row out of him…so the question was posed to this smart group of supporters
3 votes.....Jonathan "Johnny (JON)" Ceglar

I
Lol cmon man. If he can’t play cos he played a VFL game a week ago he literally wouldn’t be on a list
I agree with your conclusion.

But I also can only go on history since joining the club

I can’t find an example when he has played out 2 weeks in a row. (Not counting sub where he didn’t get on)

Maybe I missed one back to back set of games for us but don’t think so.

Maybe that will change and he will string 4 weeks together for the first since 2021. Hope so (as I actually don’t mind what he brings in terms of size and effort)

There's no universe in which this lack of information from the club is not poor. Yes I entirely understand it changes nothing about Shannon's recovery. But it treats him like an afterthought and shows no interest from the club in engaging with the supporters about how the playing group is travelling overall.

Fans like to be invested in the stories of players as they progress, and enjoy the hope that is generated in following their journeys. For many, it is a fulfilling part of 'following' the hoops. And if it's good enough for 17 other clubs to be so much better than this, I really don't understand why the GFC has to behave in such a deliberately opaque fashion on so many occasions around injury issues.
Well said!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would West Coast really want to bring in what appears to be another injury-prone player?

Not saying Neale is, but I think the Eagles might be a little conservative with their choices of who to bring in considering their injury run over the last two years.
What would a pick 60 be for West Coast for Shannon Neale for them... they wouldn't have anything to loose to give up that pick? As unfortunately that's all his worth ( but to us his worth alot more to us )

Think he might be a late out… and if not there is no way he lasts 4 weeks.

My question was if he isn’t playing who does it?

He will play 3 of the 4 and maybe be rested for the other one..we will probably have to push him through all 4 then rest him for a month as we have no other options. This is why we will grab a ruck in the draft at the end of may if stanley isnt back by then. He will play he just wont train during the week in between games.

What would a pick 60 be for West Coast for Shannon Neale for them... they wouldn't have anything to loose to give up that pick? As unfortunately that's all his worth ( but to us his worth alot more to us )

Yeah, bad year for him to get injured. Out of contract at season's end and so far hasn't had any chance to show what he can do. And we'd of course accommodate his request (for peanuts) if he asked.

Yeah, bad year for him to get injured. Out of contract at season's end and so far hasn't had any chance to show what he can do. And we'd of course accommodate his request (for peanuts) if he asked.
another Linc McCarthy, Jordan Clark?

another Linc McCarthy, Jordan Clark?

Clark was under contract which is why we got a 20s pick.
We wont get that for neale even though talls are worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back