Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Henry still another 6-8 weeks off I'm told. Club is taking a very slow and cautious approach. Wouldn't expect to see him in the AFL until round 15 at the earliest.

Jack Henry still another 6-8 weeks off I'm told. Club is taking a very slow and cautious approach. Wouldn't expect to see him in the AFL until round 15 at the earliest.
Back to back foot injuries, be surprised if he plays much before about a month out from finals to build him up with that the primary focus.

That's optimistic.

Provided he's right to go, would take that in a heartbeat.

Same.

Silver lining of Henry being out is we get a sustained run at seeing if Esava has what it takes to be a defender without throwing out the balance of our defensive unit. Another 6-8 weeks will be useful for this reason, and then if he has what it takes we can work on how to best insert Henry into the setup for maximum benefit.

Same.

Silver lining of Henry being out is we get a sustained run at seeing if Esava has what it takes to be a defender without throwing out the balance of our defensive unit. Another 6-8 weeks will be useful for this reason, and then if he has what it takes we can work on how to best insert Henry into the setup for maximum benefit.
I think Esava is a lock down back unless Geelong come up against sides that play smaller agile forwards - in which case they might take the chance to rest Esava or SDK.

I think the club likes the idea of Henry being primarily forward, but able to play the swingman role and go back when needed. I can see Henry / Henry / Cameron playing next to each other for a few years once Hawkins and Rohan retire.

I think Esava is a lock down back unless Geelong come up against sides that play smaller agile forwards - in which case they might take the chance to rest Esava or SDK.

I think the club likes the idea of Henry being primarily forward, but able to play the swingman role and go back when needed. I can see Henry / Henry / Cameron playing next to each other for a few years once Hawkins and Rohan retire.

It does seem they like the idea of Henry as a forward. I personally think he's better in the back half where he's shown a good ability to lockdown larger opponents and also intercept. Moving forward to when Hawk retires I'd rather see what Neale has to offer up front, or go searching for another KPF via a trade or free agency and play Henry down back.

But the main thing at this stage is just hoping that Henry can put his injury issues behind him.

Draper can seriously play and could run Ceglar ragged on the G.

The Tigers I'm less worried about and I think Ceglar can do a solid job in Geelong.
Ceglar has some strengths that we saw last year - he's aggressive, he's a very good tap ruckman and is fairly good in the forward line. I'm sure the coaches will work on how to maximise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. They won't plan for him to follow Draper around the MCG. They just need to make him dangerous so that Draper has to be accountable.

We saw what they did to Melbourne, they want to attack. It put Grundy in bad positions. But if Grundy started kicking a few goals himself or found himself alone at the centre of the ground taking some good link up grabs with no-one marking him then I guarantee, EFC wouldnt have given Draper the license to sprint forward.

Same.

I think Esava has shown enough now to show he is almost a lock down back. Over the last few years you can almost guarantee that Jack Henry, Stewart and Kolo are all going to miss 4-6 games or more per year.

I think Esava has shown enough now to show he is almost a lock down back. Over the last few years you can almost guarantee that Jack Henry, Stewart and Kolo are all going to miss 4-6 games or more per year.
Sav is an absolute lock. Amazing how many opposition teams rate him highly; seems like now he will get the opportunities that may keep him a Cat long term with DeK.
My 3 highlights so far this year are the ongoing emergence of Holmes, and the consolidation of Sav in our 22, and the sublime form of Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same.

Very silver.
It's sad that my favourite Cat (apart from Cameron)- Henry - is the player allowing another favourite - Sav to get his opportunity.

Thats what West Coast will be thinking too...

Would West Coast really want to bring in what appears to be another injury-prone player?

Not saying Neale is, but I think the Eagles might be a little conservative with their choices of who to bring in considering their injury run over the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back