Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMD phew!! I thought it was a knee or something worse.
So it’s only a nose job, she’ll be right just a mere flesh wound.
3 week vacation, rest up get ready for the run home.

The whole reason I didn't want SDK go into the ruck.. yes can Injured himself in any position or playing football at anytime, but there was huge risk of him injury him in the ruck..

Was that injury sustained in the ruck though?

He seemed to spend majority of the second half behind the ball, and if the passage they showed on TV is when it occurred it looks like this occurred due to friendly fire by Ratugolea in a marking contest in the defensive half of the ground - something he'd be involved in regardless if he's playing in the ruck or as a KPD

Don't think we can be blaming this on him being in the ruck

FMD phew!! I thought it was a knee or something worse.
So it’s only a nose job, she’ll be right just a mere flesh wound.
3 week vacation, rest up get ready for the run home.

My first thought was Guthrie & the toe injury getting more serious than first thought

Than I saw SDK and was like shit, what's happened - this seems like something he played out last week's match with but this is the best option to heal quicker

Not ideal but much better than a knee or leg injury that requires surgery

Was that injury sustained in the ruck though?

He seemed to spend majority of the second half behind the ball, and if the passage they showed on TV is when it occurred it looks like this occurred due to friendly fire by Ratugolea in a marking contest in the defensive half of the ground - something he'd be involved in regardless if he's playing in the ruck or as a KPD

We can't be blaming this on him being in the ruck

As above I did basically mention it can happen anywhere anytime...
I know him playing ruck didn't make him get this injury... but I never wanted to take the Ferrari down a dirt road...

Surprised Jack Henry will be back in full training on Thursday to be honest.

I was absolutely stoked to read that update today.

Yes; disappointed De Koning will miss a couple of weeks, but hearing that Jack Henry is on the training track is the great news and softened the SDK blow somewhat - Henry is a great player and when he's at full fitness he'll give us plenty of flexibility.

As above I did basically mention it can happen anywhere anytime...
I know him playing ruck didn't make him get this injury... but I never wanted to take the Ferrari down a dirt road...

If anything, seems like the ruck might be a safer option for him though...

• hurt his knee against Collingwood when jogging backwards on his own
  • concussed against the Suns when playing in defence
  • now on the receiving end of a teammates forearm/elbow

Thinking we should leave him in the ruck as that's been the least dangerous option for him so far this season

If anything, seems like the ruck might be a safer option for him though...

• hurt his knee against Collingwood when jogging backwards on his own
  • concussed against the Suns when playing in defence
  • now on the receiving end of a teammates forearm/elbow

Thinking we should leave him in the ruck as that's been the least dangerous option for him so far this season
Like I said... I never liked the idea of him playing ruck... and I still wouldn't, even if he played there this week..... I never will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole reason I didn't want SDK go into the ruck.. yes can Injured himself in any position or playing football at anytime, but there was huge risk of him injury him in the ruck..

Me too although at least its a short term injury only.

We have to play ceglar now

FML

It’s irrational to think it could only happen in the Ruck but FFS this is exdckt that I was worried about.

Even if it happened in D50… gonna blame it on him in the ruck lol

At least it’s not a mobility injury and he’s good be able to keep fit.
And most importantly the blokes ok.
Go Catters

FML

It’s irrational to think it could only happen in the Ruck but FFS this is exdckt that I was worried about.

Even if it happened in D50… gonna blame it on him in the ruck lol

At least it’s not a mobility injury and he’s good be able to keep fit.
And most importantly the blokes ok.
Go Catters

Think that's been the saving grace with 3 out of our last 5 injuries. Stengle, Stanley, and DK should still be able to keep most of their fitness.

Hopefully Rohan only misses 1-2 weeks which shouldn't hurt. The Bowes one might be a bit tricky - bloody calves.

What is annoying is that with Stanley out, we are playing SDK in the ruck as our backup ruckman, Ceglar, never plays.

Maybe this is an important lesson for the club: don't apply the word versatility to your up and coming superstar defender who is still developing into his role and body.
Most versatile player on our list behind Blitz.... Can play Full Back, CHB, Ruck, CHF, Full Forward.
He will play all 5 positions in his career down at Kardinia Park IMO.

Worst spot on the ground is the Ruckman, getting hurt to get a tap out wtf, that's why most ruckman are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.....who would be a ruckman
Played there for many years... no different than any key position IMO.
Always used to say... "Only tuff runts can play in ruck... lol" hehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back