Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody earlier warned of this possibility..

I can't recall who it was, but that was said either pre-season or after the Collingwood match - praise for Ratugolea with how he's willing to throw himself into marking contests, but that it's likely he'll end up hurting someone and hoped it wouldn't be friendly fire

Unfortunately that seems to be the case

I can't recall who it was, but that was said either pre-season or after the Collingwood match - praise for Ratugolea with how he's willing to throw himself into marking contests, but that it's likely he'll end up hurting someone and hoped it wouldn't be friendly fire

Unfortunately that seems to be the case

Yeah Savs jumper falls a lot, unfortunately with him in it.
There's a fair bit of funny confirmation bias going on here, since we know who gave SDK the king size headache.
We're all dark on SDK being thrown into the ruck, so somehow, it's connected. Or should be......
Probably don't have the same protective concern for Ceglar and very thin patience left for Sav.

Need a fresh injury list update.

Feels like there are so many I can't even remember them all to start making excuses to my Tiger loving family.

Danger
Rohan
Stanley
Stengle
SDK
Menegola
Guthrie
Bowes

Any more?

Surely not.

Feels like there are so many I can't even remember them all to start making excuses to my Tiger loving family.
Forget what the club tells us. Is it something like:

Dangerfield - 2 weeks
Jack Henry - 3 weeks
Shannon Neale - amputation; life
Stanley - 4 weeks
De Koning - 3 weeks
Menegola - 6 weeks
Bowes - 3 weeks
Stengle - 2 weeks

Dangerfield - 2 weeks
Jack Henry - 3 weeks
Stanley - 4 weeks
De Koning - 3 weeks
Menegola - 6 weeks
Bowes - 3 weeks
Stengle - 2 weeks
We're going to be primed and loaded by about the Bulldogs game. Fingers crossed post-bye we have a dream run.

Danger
Rohan
Stanley
Stengle
SDK
Menegola
Guthrie
Bowes

Any more?

Surely not.
Neale
Conway
fwiw

Danger
Rohan
Stanley
Stengle
SDK
Menegola
Guthrie
Bowes

Any more?

Surely not.
Neale - but hes not best 24 yet

GO Catters

Dangerfield - 2 weeks
Jack Henry - 3 weeks
Stanley - 4 weeks
De Koning - 3 weeks
Menegola - 6 weeks
Bowes - 3 weeks
Stengle - 2 weeks
ban hammer for Neale life jokes mate!

GO Catters

We're going to be primed and loaded by about the Bulldogs game. Fingers crossed post-bye we have a dream run.
Dream run with injures post bye yes for sure... But the fixture for us is definitely at it's easiest before the bye.

Anyway if we play at our best with a primed list it shouldn't matter who we play... But it should get hard after Tiges, Freo, GWS and Dogs... then the bye

Dream run with injures post bye yes for sure... But the fixture for us is definitely at it's easiest before the bye.

Anyway if we play at our best with a primed list it shouldn't matter who we play... But it should get hard after Tiges, Freo, GWS and Dogs... then the bye
I'm happy with that. You want middle of the road teams if you are suffering injuries. Then good tune ups with closer to a full side heading into finals, ideally gaining form and momentum. Richmond did it for every one of their flags.

Dangerfield - 2 weeks
Jack Henry - 3 weeks
Stanley - 4 weeks
De Koning - 3 weeks
Menegola - 6 weeks
Bowes - 3 weeks
Stengle - 2 weeks

Danger wont be til after the bye i reckon. They will do what they did last year.
Henry round 15 onwards (dont rush foot injuries).
From what CS said today sounds like menegola wont be til the last 3rd (round 16 onwards).
Sdk stanley and stengle can all run (ie not leg injuries) so hopefully should see them back say round 11-13. Bowes hopefully around the same.
Rohan i reckon we get back either this week or for the freo trip (i reckon we save him for that).
Guthrie no idea.

Neale we have had no update on and conway and kroeger are the other ones TBA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger wont be til after the bye i reckon. They will do what they did last year.
Henry round 15 onwards (dont rush foot injuries).
From what CS said today sounds like menegola wont be til the last 3rd (round 16 onwards).
Sdk stanley and stengle can all run (ie not leg injuries) so hopefully should see them back say round 11-13. Bowes hopefully around the same.
Rohan i reckon we get back either this week or for the freo trip (i reckon we save him for that).
Guthrie no idea.

Neale we have had no update on and conway and kroeger are the other ones TBA.
Henry will surprise you.

I did a hammy recently and I wish I was moving like Dangerfield in the immediate aftermath. Sure they'll take the cautious approach but it's not a bad one.
Yep.

Any twinge to the captain should be met with caution this time of year. (Might have just been frost on the hammy!)

I can imagine that they would want him to get a mini pre season build up again so look to get him back after the bye? Gets him almost 6 weeks. 21 days for the hammy and same again to build up for an 11 game finish to the season into finals.

If they bring him back against Bulldogs it is 4 weeks. If we win 2 of the next 3 I reckon they rest him through to after the bye? If not maybe they are tempted pre bye knowing he can have a rest after 1 game?

If follow 2022 I think post bye more likely even if low grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back