Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catempire’s patented injury report translation:

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jack Bowes Calf Short term 2 weeks
Brad Close Suspension Round 10
Toby Conway Foot TBC does Toby even exist?
Patrick Dangerfield Hamstring Short term 2 weeks
Sam De Koning Face Test Liars - 3 weeks
Jack Henry Foot Medium term Liars - 2 weeks
Sam Menegola Knee Medium term - 4 weeks
Gary Rohan Hamstring Short term - 1 week
Rhys Stanley Eye socket Short term - 2 weeks
Tyson Stengle Arm Short term - 1 week

Jack BowesCalfShort term 2 weeks
Brad CloseSuspensionRound 10
Toby ConwayFootTBC does Toby even exist?
Patrick DangerfieldHamstringShort term 2 weeks
Sam De KoningFaceTest Liars - 3 weeks
Jack HenryFootMedium term Liars - 2 weeks
Sam MenegolaKneeMedium term - 4 weeks
Gary RohanHamstringShort term - 1 week
Rhys StanleyEye socketShort term - 2 weeks
Tyson StengleArmShort term - 1 week
What does Catempire say about Guthrie?

Jack BowesCalfShort term 2 weeks
Brad CloseSuspensionRound 10
Toby ConwayFootTBC does Toby even exist?
Patrick DangerfieldHamstringShort term 2 weeks
Sam De KoningFaceTest Liars - 3 weeks
Jack HenryFootMedium term Liars - 2 weeks
Sam MenegolaKneeMedium term - 4 weeks
Gary RohanHamstringShort term - 1 week
Rhys StanleyEye socketShort term - 2 weeks
Tyson StengleArmShort term - 1 week

Danger will be 3-4 weeks i reckon (ie past the bye). I dont think we will get anyone on that list back before the bye except rohan and maybe stengle.

Is Flynn Kroeger still even on our list?
Never mentioned this year, once, from my reading.

He was in the huddle at the vfl game the other week but havent seen him play.

Danger will be 3-4 weeks i reckon (ie past the bye). I dont think we will get anyone on that list back before the bye except rohan and maybe stengle.
You‘ll be wrong about a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is…but I am not convinced that we will see him play again. Think his hip injury doesn’t look “fixable” in the timeframe needed to have a crack
He has never played a game for us iirc, perhaps half a game max?

Guthrie not even mentioned on the injury list. SDK a chance to return this week at least.

Medical room: The full AFL injury list, R9 - Medical room: The full AFL injury list, R9
Just watched the Cats Podcast with Ling…he was very clear that Guthrie is not available this week nor SDK. As he was making these comments he kept looking to someone off screen (producer? Someone from the club?) to get the ok to say both of those things…

Is that his current issue?
Or Hip?
That hand break was last year. - poor kid in his only VFL game I think!

His ongoing issue is his hips (plural). Had another round of surgery over off season but not sure it is “taking”…

Just watched the Cats Podcast with Ling…he was very clear that Guthrie is not available this week nor SDK. As he was making these comments he kept looking to someone off screen (producer? Someone from the club?) to get the ok to say both of those things…
Never trust someone doing a hostage video.

You‘ll be wrong about a few.
You could be right (and may have inside info?)…but might it depend on whether we win the next couple of games? All of those injured wouldn’t hurt from staying out a week or two longer (healing or building fitness?) so if we get to 7-3 or even 7-4 (GWS following week) we may roll the dice and keep most out until after bye? If we are 6-5 I could see us bringing a couple of stars back for the bulldogs pre bye game?

SDK will be a choice - he will be ready pre bye with a mask or post bye without…Guth and Danger I assume will be able to play pre bye if needed…but a couple of extra weeks training block will do them no harm leading into the back half of the year?

You could be right (and may have inside info?)…but might it depend on whether we win the next couple of games? All of those injured wouldn’t hurt from staying out a week or two longer (healing or building fitness?) so if we get to 7-3 or even 7-4 (GWS following week) we may roll the dice and keep most out until after bye? If we are 6-5 I could see us bringing a couple of stars back for the bulldogs pre bye game?

SDK will be a choice - he will be ready pre bye with a mask or post bye without…Guth and Danger I assume will be able to play pre bye if needed…but a couple of extra weeks training block will do them no harm leading into the back half of the year?
I’d like to think the win-loss ledger doesn’t affect how they judge when players are ready to return from injury.

I’d like to think the win-loss ledger doesn’t affect how they judge when players are ready to return from injury.
So would I…but I reckon it does….not that they would bring back people before they are ready but maybe they hold people back one more week if they can?

i suppose we will never know…

So would I…but I reckon it does….not that they would bring back people before they are ready but maybe they hold people back one more week if they can?

i suppose we will never know…
The bye is what makes the difference, no bye and I don't think it comes into consideration but game before bye, if we haven't lost another game before then, then it makes real good sense to fully prepare certain players that have had injuries to fully prepare for 2nd half of season with a extra 2 week break, then to come out fresh and firing, with all guns blazing for the 2nd half of season, especially as we have now seemed to have overcome our post bye hoodoo of never winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back