Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an injury list from the club or is it a homemade list based on guesswork?

If it’s the later please stop it’s embarrassing.
Homemade by me- please, too much credit. I had no idea about most of those injuries. It was on the net pre the weekend.

Injury news:

Danger to return this week
Holmes and Duncan need to pass tomorrow's training day in order to play.
Stanley is back in full training so shouldn't be too far away
Rata also training but will miss this week, but expected to be available next week.
Bowes also available this week after VFL game before the bye.

To add to this:

Oisin Mullin has an Adductor injury
Menegola is partial training and slowly upping his load he can put on his knee.
Conway doing lots of ruck work, needs to build his durability and endurance.

To add to this:

Oisin Mullin has an Adductor injury
Menegola is partial training and slowly upping his load he can put on his knee.
Conway doing lots of ruck work, needs to build his durability and endurance.
The bit about Conway that made my ears prick up was Lloyd saying he'd been working had at training with Ceglar and STANLEY. So Stanley at least keeping up the fitness levels it seams.

The bit about Conway that made my ears prick up was Lloyd saying he'd been working had at training with Ceglar and STANLEY. So Stanley at least keeping up the fitness levels it seams.

Yes, he's back to full training and I think it was mentioned he was still running even with his vision issues. So him playing is depending on his eyes and passing the medical.

In our Port preview thread, it's mentioned he may be a chance to play as early as this week.

Is this an injury list from the club or is it a homemade list based on guesswork?

If it’s the later please stop it’s embarrassing.

If it's the one off the AFL website then it's compiled by their journos and not something that's actually been released by the club

Fantastic news from Scotty in this afternoon's presser.

Dangerfield, Stanley, Duncan, Holmes and Bowes all available this week.

Reading between the lines I think Stanley will return v Demons and the other four this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havnt seen it, but what they say about Stanley?

He’s ready to go, facial injury healed weeks ago but (as we know) his vision was the issue. Things resolved quickly, he won’t wear a mask on return, and is ready to play this week. Scott said something about being uncertain whether we want to play Rhys and Ceglar in the same team. My take was that Ceglar will play v Port and Rhys to return next week.

Sounding good about Stanley being fit for Melbourne clash... id rest Ceglar in all forms the following week, just make sure he is OK and all freshen up his old body ...

Is Neale right to play this week in the VFL anyone know?

Nope. He is fine

I understand actually that everybody other than Guthrie was in full training yesterday. Even Rhys and Sav (who are not available this week but could well be for next round).

So realistically we will be back to basically full strength and (hopefully) meshing well as a team within a couple of weeks. If we can just split next two weeks, then will be a great platform for the full team to make an assult on the last part of the season.

If we go down the next two weeks it still isn’t impossible but we will need to get back to premiership form…. We are probably only 2-3 weeks behind where we were in 2022 (we had full team basically fully available straight after the bye - with some held back benefiting from mini fitness training stretch) - maybe that is where we will be against Sydney…

It really could go either way - but might as well hope - I am certain the team will give it a crack…

When you say everyone i assume you mean except menegola clark kroeger and neale. Lloyd spoke about mena but as usual no info on the other three.

When you say everyone i assume you mean except menegola clark kroeger and neale. Lloyd spoke about mena but as usual no info on the other three.
Sorry yes, I left out those “medium term” injuries…

I understand we will see Neale as early as next round. that will be exciting…!

clark has only just come out of surgery I think so he is back end of the year at best unfortunately.

And I honestly don’t think we will see poor Flynn again at the cats. Not expected to be ready this year…

Mena - would love that medium term to now actually be short term and see him come back via the VFL ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back