Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what Stanley's injury was, but, interesting reading

When I see Danger limping and looking really rough in the rooms as he goes off v Adelaide.

My head:

"Man that looks sore.. we got 4 games til the bye now and I reckon he will miss all of them + I now give us no shot v the Tiges and Freo because injuries are just adding up too much... season is in big trouble right now even though we are about to chalk up a win against the Crows".

Chris Scott a couple of days after Danger is subbed off:

"Danger could push to play this week v the Tiges but we will probably be conservative"

My head:

"Ok, Scott sounds so confident with Danger that maybe he does just miss one or two".

Should have just trusted my gut.

Beats me why people even bother watching Scott's pressers to be honest, let alone trying to read anything into what he says regarding injuries.
Personally I just check the team selection Thursday night to see if player X is playing or not, all this speculation about "will he play or won't he" seems pointless IMO.

What possible difference does it make what you or any supporter feels about Danger's hammy??
This is the same MC, the same High performance team that was so lauded in 22 because of their elite player management.

Nothing any of us say or feel on this forum makes a difference to the club or what it does... Yet here we are posting opinions and commenting on stuff we have no control over every day.

When I see Danger limping and looking really rough in the rooms as he goes off v Adelaide.

My head:

"Man that looks sore.. we got 4 games til the bye now and I reckon he will miss all of them + I now give us no shot v the Tiges and Freo because injuries are just adding up too much... season is in big trouble right now even though we are about to chalk up a win against the Crows".

Chris Scott a couple of days after Danger is subbed off:

"Danger could push to play this week v the Tiges but we will probably be conservative"

My head:

"Ok, Scott sounds so confident with Danger that maybe he does just miss one or two".

Should have just trusted my gut.
I thought the same initially and never bother reading into what Scott says.

90% of hammy strains, no matter the grade, for a burst player entering mid 30s = 4-5 weeks once re-training is taken into account. And thus it was such.

I thought the same initially and never bother reading into what Scott says.

90% of hammy strains, no matter the grade, for a burst player entering mid 30s = 4-5 weeks once re-training is taken into account. And thus it was such.
CS always prefaces what he says about injuries saying he is the wrong person to ask.

I would be waiting until losses against the Bulldogs and Port at a bare minimum before writing us off.
Well we'll learn our fate tonight, but we will not be beating Port. Happy to be proven wrong, however we lost very winnable games despite our injuries.

its not a coincidence. I dont think you can judge the team until we have half a dozen players back.
It's very much a result of injuries, no doubt, but the half-way point and the remaining games will not await their possible return. We had some winnable games that were lost, which increases the urgency greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we'll learn our fate tonight, but we will not be beating Port. Happy to be proven wrong, however we lost very winnable games despite our injuries.
I agree that we lost winnable games no matter the squad. GWS at home the unforgivable one.

Tonight will be a really tough one like the Freo game.

Port are very good. People can talk in absolutes if they want (NO CHANCE!) but at AO they beat Bulldogs by a couple of goals, Bombers by a goal and Melbourne by a goal. Geelong raising their game with Dangerfield back couldn't be in the game like those teams and maybe even snatch it? Might be unlikely but the three teams I mentioned aren't spectacular. So who knows.

CS just said in his presser against port

Danger, Duncan and Holmes will all play

Interesting

Danger and duncan yes but that would be holmes back basically 3 weeks post surgery would be very quick. Think its more likely he comes back for the melb game.

Danger and duncan yes but that would be holmes back basically 3 weeks post surgery would be very quick. Think its more likely he comes back for the melb game.
Yeah I know but been reported Holmes is already back running and resuming full training next week

Just looked at an updated injury list all clubs

Geel - it had the only new concern was Rohan - re nose - it had TBC - same thing they had next to Conway

Hopefully there is no problem with Rohan - he did kick the last goal of the game - so he played the game out - very important player

Sav's out for a month, the hope is SDK and Kolodjashnij stay healthy. Port Adelaide and Melbourne after the break will be a test for our backline. Dixon 200cm, Marshall 198, Finlayson 197 will be a challenge for our smaller defenders (except SDK). Marshall and Finlayson are also very mobile. Melbourne's twin towers and A-grade midfield will be another challenge.

Sav's out for a month, the hope is SDK and Kolodjashnij stay healthy. Port Adelaide and Melbourne after the break will be a test for our backline. Dixon 200cm, Marshall 198, Finlayson 197 will be a challenge for our smaller defenders (except SDK). Marshall and Finlayson are also very mobile. Melbourne's twin towers and A-grade midfield will be another challenge.

Guess we just need to tackle them with the same mindset and approach we used last year

Exactly... don't forget Jack Henry plays tall to... Remember the job he did on Buddy last year in the Grand Final...

It’s like some have forgotten that last year we changed the balance of our defence and it actually worked, even against this apparent teams of giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back