Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, there are a lot of Karens on here when it comes to our injury list.
There's no need to denigrate others, for having a different opinion to you.

Some are fine with the club withholding info and choosing to do things their own way. Others are not. Neither is objectively right or wrong - but you can have the discussion without resorting to saying that people are a bunch of 'Karen's.'

Gotta say, as a 34 year old male, first time I've ever been referred to as a Karen - but there ya go!

My God, there are a lot of Karens on here when it comes to our injury list.
Wouldn't have thought so, based on what that term actually describes.

"Karen is a pejorative term used as slang for a middle-class white woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal."

Source: 'Karen (definition) - Wikipedia

The fact is that the only reality here 'beyond the scope of what is normal' is the inane practices of the GFC around injury lists (yes, I'm using the term in its broadest possible sense), when compared to every other AFL club in the country.

#toocleverbyhalf
#yetttoosillyforwords
#nothingtookarenaboutit

From what I've seen of other sides reports, when they get converted into AFL.com.au's interpretation to summarise - they're about as accurate as us just getting that second hand loose idea anyway. Team lists still appear with players shockingly excluded for an unknown issue, or coming back way earlier than expected.

There's a guy on Twitter who's got a weekly feed he's running with where he's complaining to the Club about their injury reporting - the only thing is he's referencing the AFL.com.au summary which isn't compiled by Club

The basics have been pointed out to him, but he ignores it and keeps up the weekly complaint directed at the club - if it was after the weekly (occasionally fortnightly) report from the club I could better understand the complaint, but it's not even the club he's quoting

This really sums up our season, through no fault of our own we just can't get a clean run at it.. facial fractures, testicle injuries, ribs/lungs etc all on top of your normal stuff you have each season

This really sums up our season, through no fault of our own we just can't get a clean run at it.. facial fractures, testicle injuries, ribs/lungs etc all on top of your normal stuff you have each season

I say that's a valid reason for his down output in the second half

Yeah there's been a few soft tissue issues. But toes, feet, arms, shoulders, facial fractures and collapsed lungs you can't do a heap about.

Yeah there's been a few soft tissue issues. But toes, feet, arms, shoulders, facial fractures and collapsed lungs you can't do a heap about.
A major factor in the damage done to us by injuries this season has been the number of time serious injuries have impacted players at significant times within games

100% agree. Not only have we had lots of these super unlucky injuries that you can’t do anything to prevent, they’ve been dealt to critical players who we don’t have good replacements for: Stanley, Guthrie, De Koning, Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS now a partially collapsed lung.

It's just not our year, I am struggling to think of a worse year injury-wise in recent memory. And the ageing list is only to blame in a very small way. Just been really unlucky.

But yeah - when was the most recent year with a worse injury run?
To key players …can’t think of a year that comes close to this one really

I see Willis wasn't listed on the injury list after pulling out of last week's VFL game and also isn't listed to play VFL tonight.

Nice work once again on the injury list GFC.

Each to their own but I don't understand why people get worked up over the injury communications from the club.

I mean, fundamentally I don't think we really have a right to know - regardless of member / supporter status. Indeed, anything they tell us is basically public knowledge, and some of it might be information they don't necessarily want to share publicly, be that the club or the player themselves.

Unless you are a serious punter or playing supercoach, what are you going to do with that information anyway? Yeah it's nice to know when player x will be back but my take is they play when they play and I'm not going to do anything different either way so why does it matter.

Karma. Although we copped injuries last year the club managed it to perfection, and for winning a premiership that nobody thought possible at the beginning of 2022 we are paying the price in 2023.

How else can you explain the bad luck?

Karma. Although we copped injuries last year the club managed it to perfection, and for winning a premiership that nobody thought possible at the beginning of 2022 we are paying the price in 2023.

How else can you explain the bad luck?
BAD LUCK.

Each to their own but I don't understand why people get worked up over the injury communications from the club.

I mean, fundamentally I don't think we really have a right to know - regardless of member / supporter status. Indeed, anything they tell us is basically public knowledge, and some of it might be information they don't necessarily want to share publicly, be that the club or the player themselves.

Unless you are a serious punter or playing supercoach, what are you going to do with that information anyway? Yeah it's nice to know when player x will be back but my take is they play when they play and I'm not going to do anything different either way so why does it matter.
Everyone will interpret text on a footy forum in their own fashion. But I don't see anyone getting worked up over the injury communications from the club. Nobody's burning their memberships in protest. Nobody's proposing a march on the club to 'take back what is rightfully ours'.

All that is happening here is that some supporters remain bemused as to why every other club can have a go at decent injury reporting, while the Cats just don't even pretend to take the idea seriously. It is absolutely no more and no less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back