Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3-6 weeks for Dangerfield
trainwreck GIF

Injury update from the club.

Bruhn & Mullin training well and expected to be available for selection.

Sav hitting high-speed markers and is very close (sounds like he is a chance to be named).

Neale, Menegola will play VFL this week... Good.
Any news on Stanley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury update from the club.

Bruhn & Mullin training well and expected to be available for selection.

Sav hitting high-speed markers and is very close (sounds like he is a chance to be named).

Neale, Menegola will play VFL this week... Good.
Bruhn available is fantastic news.

Sav available while other talls struggle presents an interesting decision. I just can't see them dropping any, but then who would make way for him?

I would personally like to see Mullin in for Bews even if defensively he is not there yet. But maybe waiting a week or 2 is sensible in this case.

Fantastic that Menegola will be back in VFL action this week. With Guthrie still sidelined for a while, I'd expect to see Menegola in the seniors in a week or two if he gets through VFL ok.

While we all know Menegola is an endurance athlete & fitness has rarely been a concern, I want to see him play a month in the VFL just to get some continuity under his belt and show he is over the knee concerns that have plagued his last 18 months & restricted that continuity

Want to see that he has the ability to back up from one match to the next and the next

Menengola is a more than capable midfielder, his loss has hurt with our A Graders in the middle sidelined

Absolutely agree.

He will need a couple of vfl games but i believe theres a role for him in the afl side and its a big 6 weeks for him to impress to get a contract with us or someone else.

If Sav was right this week I’d be sending J Henry to the 2’s, he’s way out of form.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Time for an update to catempire's patented Real Injury List™

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Jon Ceglar Adductor Short term 1 week
Jhye Clark Foot Short term 4 weeks
Toby Conway Foot Medium term 6 weeks
Patrick Dangerfield Rib/lung Short term 3 weeks
Cam Guthrie Toe Medium term 8 weeks
Flynn Kroeger Knee Medium term Rest in Peace
Esava Ratugolea Hamstring Short term 1 week
Rhys Stanley Eye socket Test shouldn't be on the list, lift Josh Gabelich

Status