Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injury update:

• Cameron will be a test should be right to go
  • Guth running and back round 23/24
  • Conway will play in 2 weeks, still training strongly.
  • Simpson back to full training post surgery
  • Clark out of moon boot on Friday, will start running Monday
  • Kroeger running for 3 weeks and will start training over the coming weeks

Injury update:

• Cameron will be a test should be right to go
  • Guth running and back round 23/24
  • Conway will play in 2 weeks, still training strongly.
  • Simpson back to full training post surgery
  • Clark out of moon boot on Friday, will start running Monday
  • Kroeger running for 3 weeks and will start training over the coming weeks
Sam Simpson was injured??

Sam Simpson was injured??

From last week:

Sam Simpson is eyeing a return to running after undergoing surgery on a tendon injury in his hand.

“He had surgery last Thursday, and Sam is back in at the club and he will commence running fairly soon,” Lloyd said.

“It is unfortunate for Sam, but he’s put in a good period of football, and he’ll be back in no time.”

Positive injury update from Lloyd today.

• Dangerfield did full training session on Sunday, will be very close to a return this week
  • no mention of shoulder injury for JC, only that he's working through concussion protocols
  • Ratugolea should be available
  • C Guthrie out of moonboot and resuming running later this week
  • Menegola, Mullin and Neale pulled up well from VFL
  • Simpson out for short term with hand tendon injury
Good news about cam and Menegola and Simpson should help out midfield rotation once they are back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a foot. Apparently minor (but that was a month ago). Pretty certain we see him Sunday. Hope anyway
Cheers for the intel.

I let a friend know that Willis was looking likely to play this week, he said "ahhh it's good the club finally mentioned something about him as it was beginning to seem weird" then I replied "nahh some dude from Bigfooty called CHAWKS gives us more info than the club... It's just the way it is" and then he walked off into the sunset satisfied.

My issue all along has been the omission of players entirely - which seems to have caused the most confusion.

It's one thing to have 'short term', 'medium term', 'long term' - it's another to omit players for weeks on end, and provide no clarity on their return, or what their injury might even be. That's what I hope this mandate from the AFL fixes.
It's classic how the way to supposedly silence the 'whiners' in here has been to totally misrepresent their view. Suggesting that posters have been massively disturbed by the fluidity of any player's return timeframe is a rather epic strawman in reality.

Whereas what you've articulated is by far the biggest concern with the injury 'reporting' from the club. I don't believe there has been a single week during the H&A that our injury list hasn't had at least one player entirely missing from the record, despite them clearly missing games because they have an issue. Players obviously heal at different rates. We all understand that. So just put them on the list and actually do an 'update' (the clue is in the name) from week to week about whether they're progressing or not.

The club could quite seriously write 'James Willis, foot, NFI' on the current weekly injury update and that would be a demonstrable improvement on the relentless obfuscation we're subjected to at this point. Which only goes to prove what a farcical outlier we are on this issue across the comp.

Last edited:
So looks like Kolo just a week (feels more like a managed to me).

But bews might be 1-2 more weeks missing from here. That given Oisin and others a chance to do a Mitch Marsh and make it hard for MC to drop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back