Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! Based on our historical form in this area, I would have thought the Willis narrative will run something like this from here...

First, we will get absolute <<crickets>> about him for at least another two or three weeks. That will take us into the sweet spot for our 'Bermuda boys', where roughly six weeks elapses between the injury and any information being released about the player at all.

Then will come Lloyd's consummate despatching of the club's Dorothy Dixer about James into the top tier of the Premiership Stand, as part of the club's weekly injury 'update'.

'James Willis recently experienced a slight setback in his body, following a recovery session at the club. Thankfully he was able to almost immediately begin his recovery and reconditioning program. He's been working really hard and progressing through the steps outlined by our medical team over a number of recent training sessions. We fully expect him to tick off the remaining boxes required before he returns to play, and we can't wait to see him back out there on the field when he's cleared to be considered for selection.'

After this latest masterclass from Lloydy, James Willis ('leg', 'short term') will miraculously materialise out of nowhere onto the published injury list as well. And we should finally see him play a couple of games in the VFL some time after that, before being shut down for the year to manage his loads.

#youknowitmakessense
#forthright
#notsoyoudnotice
This is awesome. Let's start ranting again!

Away you go, then. I'll just keep posting my jovial reflections on the lax approach to injury reporting that our club employs. And take some small comfort that what I'm posting (as meaningless as it is) is about as helpful as what the club provides, when it comes to our 'Bermuda boys'.

#itsallgood

Away you go, then. I'll just keep posting my jovial reflections on the lax approach to injury reporting that our club employs. And take some small comfort that what I'm posting (as meaningless as it is) is about as helpful as what the club provides, when it comes to our 'Bermuda boys'.

#itsallgood
It's so great we can all share the joy and laughs at such a regular basis about this.

This season is ******* cursed, I swear to god. :mad:

We've never had an injury run even close to as bad as this.
Very true, NEVER.
But it does open the door for Sav to either go into KB with JHenry KF, or vice versa

It's so great we can all share the joy and laughs at such a regular basis about this.

Exactly!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

(Sorry, couldn't resist - read your post and this instantly popped into my head)

Seriously who cares?

The club is within its rights to release info as they see fit. They’re running a business and it’s their call. Only people sooking are media muppets looking for content, and members with too much time on their hands.

Go outside and kick the dog if you need to let loose, but ultimately the club has a planned approach to this stuff and I’m ok for them to do it their way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seriously who cares?

The club is within its rights to release info as they see fit. They’re running a business and it’s their call. Only people sooking are media muppets looking for content, and members with too much time on their hands.

Go outside and kick the dog if you need to let loose, but ultimately the club has a planned approach to this stuff and I’m ok for them to do it their way.

Did you miss my sarcasm or you agreed with it and this is a follow up rant?

Seriously who cares?

The members with too much time on their hands might decide they’re sick of being treated with contempt and spend their money elsewhere.

The members with too much time on their hands might decide they’re sick of being treated with contempt and spend their money elsewhere.
Reflects on them more adversely than it does on GFC. Does that happen to coincide with our movement down the ladder?

Seriously who cares?

Of course the club is entitled to do it their way. And supporters here are entitled to suggest that they think it's a very ordinary approach, or that they can't stand the 'sooking' and wish it would stop.

And anyone who kicks the dog for any reason at all needs to seek some serious help.

Reflects on them more adversely than it does on GFC. Does that happen to coincide with our movement down the ladder?
As JJ pointed out it’s a business. Geelong is offering a product they want to sell. People don’t have to buy it.

It’s also a membership based product so the members desire to feel a part of the experience. Being treated condescendingly erodes that experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contempt. Give it a spell.

There’s a few in here who seem to think they’re entitled to a lot more than they are. Would be interesting to know how many whingers are actually paid up members.

Buy shares in an ASX listed company and see how much information you get. BHP ain’t sending daily updates when some punter digs a hole or changes a flat tyre.

As Scott and the club have said many times …… some information is commercial and in confidence.

There’s a few in here who seem to think they’re entitled to a lot more than they are. Would be interesting to know how many whingers are actually paid up members.

Buy shares in an ASX listed company and see how much information you get. BHP ain’t sending daily updates when some punter digs a hole or changes a flat tyre.

As Scott and the club have said many times …… some information is commercial and in confidence.

It absolutely is contempt. I don’t think they even hide that. If asked they would say they don’t owe the members anything. That’s contempt.

It’s not an entitlement, it’s an expectation that supporting this club should provide for access to a similar amount of insight into the club that other clubs provide. Right now we get nothing like it and are a long last in this department.

Seriously who cares?

And people contribute their money to said business which is hard earned money with a lot of the stuff people are going through right now.
Those people are entitled to spend their money elsewhere if the club treats them with contempt and a lack of communication the way our club does. If i communicated with my work clients the way the club does i would have issues in perf reviews and eventually i would be moved on and out of a job. The same acountability applies to GFC.

Injury information is not commercial in confidence. If it was no club would report it and guess what 17 other clubs do. I dont think you really understand what business communication is (no offence you are probably a nice guy but some people dont understand the specifics).

You can't fatten a thoroughbred.
On the photo, what do you refer to as looking abnormal?
His AC joint is very bony and prominent- could be injured- could be his anatomy.
Just wondering what you were referring to, albeit he was grabbing the area.

We aren’t wanting a daily report on my players are out.
We just want to know why, for example Neale was out for around 2 months and it took a person on bigfooty to ask on Krock questions to find out what he was doing.
We all have interest in the club, I just want to know why Willis is out.
Whether it’s a training block like Ricardi is going through or if he’s injured.

Also injury updates wouldn’t stop me from being paid up and I dare say 99% of people in here would be members. The usuals anyway.
We tend to care

On the photo, what do you refer to as looking abnormal?
His AC joint is very bony and prominent- could be injured- could be his anatomy.
Just wondering what you were referring to, albeit he was grabbing the area.
His shoulder doesn't look normal to me.

As per Cleary - Cameron to undergo additional scans following Thursday night and checking his right shoulder after the clash with Rohan
He has not looked right the past month anyway… but oddly the fortnight out (baring anything further injury wise) might do him some good and rejuvenate him.

He has looked a player who is lethargic and disinterested to me

He has not looked right the past month anyway… but oddly the fortnight out (baring anything further injury wise) might do him some good and rejuvenate him.

He has looked a player who is lethargic and disinterested to me
Disinterested, I could never say that about a player who is paid that well to be professional and interested, but certainly nqr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back