List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

Better than the draft lottery on rucks is to trade for a kid who's played ONE year?

Wtf?

I'm not against Barnett, but aren't the rucks this year better?
The difference is, Barnett can also play as a KPD .....of course a 19 YO Ruck is going to struggle in year one

Which Rucks are likely to be available around pick #25-30 ?

Of course its backwards. History tells you it is extremely difficult to attract anyone of star quality to our club, other than adelaide boys that have supported the club since day 1. We have no choice but to draft in our next star midfielder and god knows when that will happen.

it’s as much about SA the state, not just the club

i’m from Adelaide and will always love Adelaide, even though I’ve been living in Sydney for 20 years

but truth is it’s not top of people’s list to move to Adelaide for work, or any reason other than family

this makes it even more challenging for both SA clubs

there is a reason why we draft a lot of SA, TAS or VIC country boys

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

i’m from Adelaide and will always love Adelaide, even though I’ve been living in Sydney for 20 years

but truth is it’s not top of people’s list to move to Adelaide for work, or any reason other than family

Completely agree.

I love Adelaide and my family that are still there, but I just couldn't imagine a set of circumstances that would get me back there.

I think the city has really improved over recent years, but others would also have strong reservations.

Thinking further - I'm more interested in Barnett than Chol.

If the Himmelburg pick and something else small got us Barnett, I'd be very happy with that.
No Chol is a fail, albeit for having to pay too much.
He would have had some X-factor and provided something different, which is what we need, especially without Mc Adam.

Why not Jarrod Berry ok had a couple of moments in GF but he has real talent .
Look we have the money and draft picks and would not be over expensive draft wise and lets face it if EH can join his brother why can't Jarrod join his.

it's interesting does anyone on this board actually live in adelaide?

Why not Jarrod Berry ok had a couple of moments in GF but he has real talent .
Look we have the money and draft picks and would not be over expensive draft wise and lets face it if EH can join his brother why can't Jarrod join his.
Would rather put $800k a year in front of Zac Bailey or K coleman.. and hand over a heap of draft picks..

if we are gonna try and dislodge someone from the lions..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would leave the bulldogs with pick 37 (~500 points) to match a bid for Croft who is likely to be bid on around 10 (requiring ~1,100 points post discount).
Maybe dogs are offering that but there’s a little something else coming back to them - on the surface it’s seem it needs to.

So it would work if it were a 3 club deal. 10 comes to us and GC + dogs get a 2nd rounder each from us.

Overall a more balanced deal

Maybe dogs are offering that but there’s a little something else coming back to them - on the surface it’s seem it needs to.

So it would work if it were a 3 club deal. 10 comes to us and GC + dogs get a 2nd rounder each from us.

Overall a more balanced deal
Gold Coast has more picks than likely list spots (proabably 6?) at the moment, so will send back later picks to the Dogs to match the Croft bid at no cost to Gold Coast. Gold Coast are also a bit light for points to match their bids once free agency compo is factored in.

The Dogs go from pick 10, Croft and future pick 8 to 10 (say), to pick 4 and Croft. Gold Coast get enough points to match the top 3 academy kids. Makes sense for both.

If we wanted pick 4, we could outbid the Dogs with 9, 21, the Dodee compo and a future first (giving Gold coast an extra second round pick v Dogs deal). But that's a lot of capital if North get pick 3 compo and we can't get McKercher or the good Duursma (I'm ok with a 2025 centre midfield rotation of Dawson, Laird, Soligo, Crouch and bursts of mid/fwds Predlar, Rachele, Duursma, Rankine and Dowling/ Schoenberg).

But if North get pick 3, trading a couple of our seconds for pick 11 might make more sense. The only risk is that picks 10 and 11 get us Darcy Wilson and Ollie Muyrphy/ Arie Schoenmaker rather than Connor O'Sullivan and Darcy Wilson. Would Geelong shift back 3 spots for a second rounder?

(Gold Coast will get more picks for Chol, Hollands and Burgess, but will be asking for future picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back