List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

And Sydney obviously haven't been impressed with Gould after giving him every chance...4 years to impress.
Sydney is one club I would trust the most when it comes to player development. If they can't make something approaching appreciable out of someone, I wouldn't be keen to pick up said off-cuts.

Why would Geelong look at trading this?

They only have pick 7 and like pick 80 they want to move back and get more picks.

They may do 19 21 and 25 for 7 because technically 19 counts as a 1st rounder and I guess a Future pick back to us?

GC t rade manager on trade radio said there is a picks swap on with Adelaide, Burgess will probably get done as part of that.

Whether that's for pick 4 (unlikely but hopeful) or a Doggies pick 10 (more likely, still good) remains to be seen.

We also have a good shot at Geelong's pick 7, especially if we get the other doggies pick (17), but we have heaps of capital.

They only have pick 7 and like pick 80 they want to move back and get more picks.

They may do 19 21 and 25 for 7 because technically 19 counts as a 1st rounder and I guess a Future pick back to us?
3 way deal:

GC get: 22, 25
GC give: 10, Burgess, F3

Geel get: 10, 19, GC F3
Geel give: 7, F2

Adel get: 7, Geel F2, Burgess
Adel give: 19, 22, 25

Is it a good idea to put so much into next year when we don’t know how high Welsh will be bid on? We would potentially then have to trade both firsts into the following year which would be pretty damaging.

The trading of a future first is an interesting debate. A few things Reid has to work through:

1) You have to be confident Welsh will hold or improve his likely draft position.

2) You want to be sure the future first won't be worth alot more in 12 months. Not just our finishing spot but strength of the draft.

3) You want to get a feel for if we will need to trade for a player in 12 months. You don't want to get to next year and a Phillipou type wants to come to us and you have to push a player out you don't want to lose.

4) We have to predict how many spots we might have next year. If we have a few retirements we might want to split picks so we don't end up selecting players in the 60s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on, Colonel. He isn't a two piece feed.
Nah…

I’m definitely with the Colonel on this one..

Dont wanna hear names like Gould, mathieson, draper etc etc..

Or any other reject that cant get a game at their current club.

We’ve got enough of these talentless list cloggers already.

If it aint skilled and classy then dont bother..

Yeah I think so, just fooling around with a suggestion that would make Swans life easier
I wouldn't rule out the possibility now that the Swans have so many trades in, as circumstances may have changed.

Someone who’s a points guru tell me please, is 9, 19, 22 and 25 enough for GC to consider giving us 4?
No, because it's just points. They're far more incentivised to get the Dogs' future first (as well as the points from 10 and 17), because they'll actually get to pick a player with it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back