List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks for clarifying a couple of points. Its just the opaque nature of it all...

Re guaranteed I thought that was the key re salary levels. Its not what a player may earn with extra variable salary for games played, B&F finishes etc, but what the minimum guaranteed amount is thats taken into account for FA compo? Anyway, not a big deal and you are right they shouldnt be getting band 1 but hard to fully trust The Firm
Oh, sorry - I see what you mean by guaranteed! Yeah, you're right with that. Spurious bonuses don't count, I don't believe.

The club has said this part of the rebuild was brining in established players, confirmed again by Olsen and Silvers at the beginning of the year.

If we don’t, then it’s a clear fail and where does that put our rebuild?
I think that's the plan, and if we don't succeed with getting a free agent then we've missed one of our planned additions.

I guess it depends whether their plan assumed that everything was going to happen 100% as they expected, which would be unlike any plan anyone's ever had in history.

Hopefully, there are multiple possibilities each off season, and they try and advance as many as they can.

I reckon we got very excited about landing SA talent early in the year when the managers of Kozzie Pickett, Will Day and Mason Redman were having ‘great dialogue’ with us to drive up their existing club’s offers.

They’ve all re-signed and we’re left holding our… unsigned contract offers.
Yeah think you could be right

The club has said this part of the rebuild was brining in established players, confirmed again by Olsen and Silvers at the beginning of the year.

I suppose we don't know yet if they have another target but i would like to hear this sort of rhetoric coming from journo's about us like they are talking about the mob down the road

No Club can plan on bringing in Free Agents ......No Club can plan on trading in players

But all Clubs are planning on trying .....the Crows have always kept their cards close to their chest ....ESS have always beat their chest about every tradeable player

Key injuries can always stall teams ladder progressions

That’s a good point

I like it if it’s for a 3rd or less, but wouldn’t care if it didn’t happen, either
Once again, it's the Crouch argument .....choose Yeo, and you are giving up the best 22 spot to a kid that potentially will be in our next Premiership Team .....Yeo won't, so what does Yeo add ? .....nothing

I said this last PS .....but again, will not surprise to see Crouch go to WCE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Club can plan on bringing in Free Agents ......No Club can plan on trading in players

But all Clubs are planning on trying .....the Crows have always kept their cards close to their chest ....ESS have always beat their chest about every tradeable player

Key injuries can always stall teams ladder progressions
Bringing in players is the phase of the rebuild we are at, it’s public knowledge. We’ve planned on it. It’s the goal, so if you don’t achieve your goal where is the rebuild at? Going to plan?

I reckon we got very excited about landing SA talent early in the year when the managers of Kozzie Pickett, Will Day and Mason Redman were having ‘great dialogue’ with us to drive up their existing club’s offers.

They’ve all re-signed and we’re left holding our… unsigned contract offers.
You forgot about the Brennan Cox excitement as well ......the odds were always heavily in favor of all the above players staying at their incumbent club

Signing players just for the sake of saying we added a freebie, is not the answer either .....Bailey Williams a case in point ....didn't add anything to our list, that wasn't already in plentiful supply ......unless you prefer Williams over Nankervis

Someone suggested Toby McLean .....obviously haven't seen him play .....2-3 knee reco's, have seen him become slow as treacle .....a poor man's James Rowe

Port: no draft collateral. Bring in Grundy, Esava and Zerk-Thatcher

Crows: crap tonne of draft picks. Miss out on a midfielder. Put all eggs into Redman basket and ruin any chance of improving the list.

Sounds about right.

We didnt know about Dawson this far ahead of time, nor Rankine. There would be out of contract players we are speaking too. Chin up. Early days.

There's a Mason Redman-sized patch of our salary cap now available

Overpay Flanders to turn his head?

Last edited:
There's a Mason Redman-sized patch of of our salary cap now available

Overpay Flanders to turn his head?
I think we'll up our offer to Doedee now (especially with Murray now out long term) but yes we should still have the money (and draft collateral) to go after someone.

I wonder how fragile it was for Redman in terms of decision-making?

We looked on the up early in the season. That's tailed away a fraction, maybe still looking a little way off contending.

Bombers going the other way. Gaining strength as the season wore on. I still think they're flighty personally but it would be difficult to walk away now, when a supposed big club appears to be on the brink of something.

Bombers going the other way. Gaining strength as the season wore on. I still think they're flighty personally but it would be difficult to walk away now, when a supposed big club appears to be on the brink of something.
They've actually lost four of their last five. They just happened to turn into the Harlem Globetrotters the week they played us.

Port: no draft collateral. Bring in Grundy, Esava and Zerk-Thatcher

Crows: crap tonne of draft picks. Miss out on a midfielder. Put all eggs into Redman basket and ruin any chance of improving the list.

Sounds about right.
Rinse and repeat - as much as we tease the little ferals down the road their recruiting team seem to go alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back