List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly

I’m really not expecting much from him this season, ACL injuries at 32yo never end well
Agreed, especially as his form was already on the decline.

As I said last week, I hope he plays enough decent games and finishes up so his last year is a good one. I hate seeing our champions finish up on a sour note by playing too long.

Isn’t that what we tried last year? Also think we’ve got so many forward options now that we need to use ability elsewhere.

That’s also a tough role and we need him to get his belief and confidence back first
Don't forget, Worrell could easily play that high HF role ......he's shown he can swing between DEF and FWD in his junior years

Agreed, especially as his form was already on the decline.

As I said last week, I hope he plays enough decent games and finishes up so his last year is a good one. I hate seeing our champions finish up on a sour note by playing too long.
I'm not concerned about Sloane's 1st halves .....but his 2nd half decline in pace, has been a worry for 2-3 years

If the intention was truely to mitigate the opposition scoring goals, Dawson isn't the guy you send back. He's not a stopper.

The only reason that makes sense to send Dawson back is if our defence isn't getting the ball out of d50 to our midfield/ wings to score enough goals and we need a good ball user to drive offense from there. Hopefully that's fixed with Milera going back and Parnell etc improving. Dawson can then sit on a wing and drive offense into the f50.
👍 your best scoring option is a 35 metre arc that’s where Dawson can put the pill from playing wing

Not adverse to seeing that, we do have a lot of height up forward though.

I wish our coaches would swing players around and try them in different roles which suit their strengths.
Like on the Wings ....

star-trek-oh-my.gif

This would make him the ideal sub.

By the way Wayne, why is "m*dget" a proscribed word on BF? You should get that fixed.
They're forever changing ....it's probably viewed these days as denigrating someone small in stature

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our gameplan doesn't allow for the effective use of outside players. Even Whitfield would struggle in our side.

I cringed a bit when I heard VB banging on about the contest. Sounds like the Sando days all over again, minus the AA quality mids we used to have.

Throwing extra mediocre troops at the contest is a terrible strategy. When we win, there's no class or use of the extra numbers so we don't get much value from the win. And when we lose, we get cut up by faster, better ball users and decision makers with spare numbers on the outside.

Hinge , Rankine , Dawson , Jones , Soligo ( occasionally ) will be the wingers at times IMO

Wayne will be half back as we need more drive and bounce out of defence …. Hopefully he can hit some decent form . It’s about the only spot he’s nailed in the past ( even if only for one season )

I think now that Sloane is a lock. He's got to play somewhere and we've seen Crouch and Hately on a wing, Nix would be licking his lips at the contested aspect that Sloane could bring to the role.

I was just listening to Sensible Crow who was listing off the FA's this upcoming offseason, and dare I say it, but do we have a potential Warchest situation a brewing in the salary cap?

Sloane: $900+
Crouch: $450ish
Doedee: $600ish
Fish: $350ish
Hopefully not, but Tex: $700ish

Considering only 2 of those players are in my current round 1 team, it's actually very rosy picture of the state of the club IMO.
I’m pretty sure some of this woukd already have been factored in in Dawson, rankine and some other contracts internally

We should have room for sure but it’s too simplistic to say we suddenly create all that space as those players drop off

I’m pretty sure some of this woukd already have been factored in in Dawson, rankine and some other contracts internally

We should have room for sure but it’s too simplistic to say we suddenly create all that space as those players drop off

we should have loads of room and should be frontloading plenty at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back