List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting that most of our players are OOC next year and we will probably have to cough up extra picks to get Welsh done which reduces the quality we will be able to bring in. Perhaps we can top up some free agents or something 🤷‍♂️

Now feels like:

Free Agent: Redman
Trade: Lachie Ash & GWS Future Third for our Future First and 2023 GC Second Rounder
Draft: Delean with our First, Moir with North Second Rounder. KPP and a Ruck with late & rookie picks.

Buzz is building around us landing Lachie Ash.
Your own buzz again???

Looking at the list below. I presume Tex and Murphy will be announced in the coming weeks. I think Doedee is gone. A decision on Sloane maybe in a month.

Outside the players that we know are gone I think a decision on all the others will wait until trade week. McAdam is the only one with any trade value.

Contracted until end of 2023
Taylor Walker
Lachlan Murphy
Tom Doedee
Rory Sloane
Shane McAdam
Matthew Crouch
Jackson Hately
Tyler Brown (R)
James Borlase (R)
Andrew McPherson (R)
Tariek NewChurch(R)
Mark Keane(R)
Paul Seedsman (R) Inactive List
Fischer McCasey Inactive List

Wiki is wrong
Nope, Butts was rookied in 2018

That’s wrong AFC site says 2018
View attachment 1714870

Wiki is wrong

Everyone is sort of correct - the confusion arises because of the way the AFL names the various drafts - it names the main draft by the year the draft is held in but then calls the subsequent rookie draft by the following year, even though both are now held in the same calendar year:

ie for the drafts referred to above:
the 2018 (main) AFL draft held at end of season 2018 is then followed by the Rookie Draft held say late November 2018 but the AFL names it the 2019 Rookie Draft - so Butts was actually rookie drafted at end of season 2018 after the main 2018 draft but the AFL calls it the 2019 rookie draft.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nankervis is the bloke currently exciting me ....has height, speed, good hands ....and some footy nous

Really keen to see what Nankervis and Taylor can offer in 2024

Last edited:
Now feels like:

Free Agent: Redman
Trade: Lachie Ash & GWS Future Third for our Future First and 2023 GC Second Rounder
Draft: Delean with our First, Moir with North Second Rounder. KPP and a Ruck with late & rookie picks.

Buzz is building around us landing Lachie Ash.

Where? Have just heard you repeat it multiple times and a few people query you if it’s true?

Hope you are right but where are the whispers coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Athletically and skills wise both Flanders and Holland's have more versatility to play other roles Hately just doesn't possess.
Flanders especially has speed, agility and hops that Hately can only dream about. The ?? On Holland's is his form and agility since his ACL hasn't come together 3 years on.
I desperately wanted Holland’s over Thilthy. Glad I got that one wrong

It’s a wonderful thing that we’re locking up our young core nice and early.
It used to be the seniors and role players who got locked in first. Oh and Gunston? We'll get that done after the season, probably

It used to be the seniors and role players who got locked in first. Oh and Gunston? We'll get that done after the season, probably
He needs to earn the right to a contract first. Let's see how he goes cleaning the coaches cars over the summer and if he does that well, we might throw him some scraps.

Brilliant position for the club to be in. We have signed up all of our youngsters and extended others.

Apart from Walker none of the remaining players are that important to our future success and the beauty of Tex is that he is the ultimate team man and will finish his career at Adelaide.

Lets hope there has been intelligent cap planning and we have room for Redman in 6 months.

Reid appears to do much of his work during the bye...
Ive bagged Reid a lot over the time but let me see more of this

Not one player signed ( so far) is over 24 which is how it should be

I could quibble on a few but happy to see a shift in thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back