List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nankervis is the bloke currently exciting me ....has height, speed, good hands ....and some footy nous

Really keen to see what Nankervis and Taylor can offer in 2024
Very excited to see what Nankervis could become. Has some real talent and some x factor. Not sure what his best role is in an AFL team, but he's the sort of player we should be trying to find out, because is he reaches his potential, he could be a real difference maker.

Looking at the list below. I presume Tex and Murphy will be announced in the coming weeks. I think Doedee is gone. A decision on Sloane maybe in a month.

Outside the players that we know are gone I think a decision on all the others will wait until trade week. McAdam is the only one with any trade value.

Contracted until end of 2023
Taylor Walker
Lachlan Murphy
Tom Doedee
Rory Sloane
Shane McAdam
Matthew Crouch
Jackson Hately
Tyler Brown (R)
James Borlase (R)
Andrew McPherson (R)
Tariek NewChurch(R)
Mark Keane(R)
Paul Seedsman (R) Inactive List
Fischer McCasey Inactive List
I am wondering if we move either Hately or Crouch to the rookie list, more likely Hately. To act as cover for 12 months while the young midfield continues to develop.

Brown, Mcpherson and Newchurch seem pretty likely to all be moving off the rookie list, so there will be some free spots available.

I am wondering if we move either Hately or Crouch to the rookie list, more likely Hately. To act as cover for 12 months while the young midfield continues to develop.

Brown, Mcpherson and Newchurch seem pretty likely to all be moving off the rookie list, so there will be some free spots available.
Hately has something. A move to the rookie list is fine. I would not write him off because he has a natural ability to find the ball. His decision-making needs improvement.

Hately has something. A move to the rookie list is fine. I would not write him off because he has a natural ability to find the ball. His decision-making needs improvement.

It’s an option - outside our First XIII currently we have Berry, Schoenberg and Taylor, plus Dowling, Nankervis and Cook in the potential midfield group, and whoever we recruit in the off-season ahead.

Cutting Crouch and Brown, moving Hately to the rookie list seems about right.

Rash extension announcement Thursday. It’s Twitter, so take it with a grain of salt

Had to do a double take when I saw "Billy".

giphy.gif

Yeah I’ve been a bit of a Hately supporter in the past, but he’s an easy delist at this point in time. I’d give him a 5-10% chance of being on the list next year, right now

Some mix of Schoenberg, Berry, Taylor, Sloane, Bond, plus bits of Dowling and Ned should occupy our SANFL CBAs next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’ve been a bit of a Hately supporter in the past, but he’s an easy delist at this point in time. I’d give him a 5-10% chance of being on the list next year, right now

Some mix of Schoenberg, Berry, Taylor, Sloane, Bond, plus bits of Dowling and Ned should occupy our SANFL CBAs next year
I must be one of the few that think Sloane has deserved his spot this year. I held out little hope for him post knee but the way he has willed himself and the team over the line in a few games, particularly in the second half, is a credit to him.

If he can maintain this level I would keep him going. He could be a very good sub to have next year.

I must be one of the few that think Sloane has deserved his spot this year. I held out little hope for him post knee but the way he has willed himself and the team over the line in a few games, particularly in the second half, is a credit to him.

If he can maintain this level I would keep him going. He could be a very good sub to have next year.
I'm still debating whether he has been good because he is being played in good spots ie stat padding or because he is moving well

To be fair I have liked some games but others he/we have to wait until the 2nd half for him to catch the slowing pack

I think if he is on a list its easy coaching to select him - its like Douglas/Thompson its too easy to play them and blame them than come up with alternative CBAs

I would wait until September before assessing

He’s played well enough, but he’s looking very slow IMO, particularly in the middle. He even looked slow against that very poor WC midfield. Point is, he could drop off a cliff at any time, a la Thommo

His 1%er acts are still valuable as it stands, but whether that’s enough to keep a permanent spot in the side next year remains to be seen

It would just be as a break glass option with Hately. He is not getting games over anyone in the current side, and then Schoenberg and Taylor would be in front of him.

I don't necessarily think we should keep him on the RL, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did. We do like to make sure out SANFL side is still going well and if nothing else he would help with that.

i would hope at least one of those younger mids is in the AFL side

It was tongue in cheek.
I’d actually give tex 2 years if it was me.. hes as fit as ever, has burgess on his side and doesnt look like slowing down anytime soon.. still kicking heaps of goals, still dishing off plenty to team mates and most of the time still takes the best opposition defender..

Hes two years younger than Hawkins at Geelong who’s still going around..

Sloane, however, I’d actually push to retire at years end.. he’s too slow to play midfield anymore and we have far better/younger/fresher options in the other positions (wing/half forward) that we could put sloaney in..

But its a bit of a moot point.. because the club policy doesnt give any longer than yearly extentions to guys over 30.. with very rare exceptions (Betts if I recall)..

So.. Unfortunately I think sloane will get another season..

And, fortunately, Tex will get another year.

I’d actually give tex 2 years if it was me.. hes as fit as ever, has burgess on his side and doesnt look like slowing down anytime soon.. still kicking heaps of goals, still dishing off plenty to team mates and most of the time still takes the best opposition defender..

Hes two years younger than Hawkins at Geelong who’s still going around..

Sloane, however, I’d actually push to retire at years end.. he’s too slow to play midfield anymore and we have far better/younger/fresher options in the other positions (wing/half forward) that we could put sloaney in..

But its a bit of a moot point.. because the club policy doesnt give any longer than yearly extentions to guys over 30.. with very rare exceptions (Betts if I recall)..

So.. Unfortunately I think sloane will get another season..

And, fortunately, Tex will get another year.
Agree on both

Dont know how many times its been said but no free spot from Newchurch being delisted.. unless we have a Cat B on the horizon.. which we dont.

Hately, Crouch, Brown can all go.. no need to keep them on the list just so we can have someone there to help the youth in the SANFL..

Think about it.. at the end of the year we will probably add a first round pick mid or forward like a Sanders, McAuliffe or a Moir..

They arent gonna be playing much SANFL, we will need to fastrack their development.. so one of our spuds in the midfield/forward line will drop out.. like a murphy or Keays.. so that guy can go help the youth in the sanfl.

This will be compounded further if we trade in a Williams or Redman.. they will replace someone at halfback. Although Williams would probably go straight into our middle ratehr than play off halfback.

And we may lose Doedee..

Whole point is.. we will have plenty of senior/experienced types to replace crouch, hately and brown.

If we are lucky enough to bring Redman in..

One of Smith or Milera will be dropping back to the sanfl too..

I’m playing Redman at HB before either of those two and, on form, you’d have to think it would be smithers dropping back to the Sanfl and toward retirement before Milera (who has taken some decent strides in the last few weeks)

What happens if we somehow managed to bring both Redman and Williams in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back