List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, cue the Benny Hill music.

A very loved member of the squad, a true leader for the young guys, whom was playing good footy at the end of the year, who's experience was said to be invaluable to Davies this year, who appears over his long injury run, who was able to negate the best forwards when he was fully fit when being relatively undersized ie he had to use his nous, walks out on the club as the club was not prepared to offer him more than half a bag of stale chips - we could have offered him two years on not alot and he would have jumped at it.

The club goes hmmmmm, hang on, are our young guys ready? Nope came back, hmmmmm lets go chase someone who was delisted from two sides, one of which was desparate for a defender at the time, and we'll have to bring him into WA, he's never lived here.

LIST MANAGEMENT at its finest right here folks. We seriously can't continue this way, someone with some level of vision needs to be making decisions. Fool me once, yeah ok fool me twice, but fool me 9 times and you can get stuffed.
Wow, I don't think either Hamling or McDonald have evr been good enough to warrant this kind of melt.

Do we have to upgrade them? I thought Hughes was on the rookie for a lot longer than Treacy at least. And what were we going to do initially then, when Henry <--> Sharp under the assumption Hamling and Schultz were staying? Go into the draft with only one or two list spots?
Yes - they've been on the rookie list three years.

There's two options being delist them or upgrade them. For all the negative comments Banfield cops he's still more proven and just as needed as Sharp.

Hughes was never on the rookie list for more than three years at a time. Besides the three years resets each time said player is delisted. So you could be on the rookie list for 15 years if you were delisted and redrafted every three years. I think players have spent 6+ years straight on the rookie list this way.

The whole Sharp situation is just bizarre to be honest.

Gold Coast not willing to take a F3 in 2022 trade period and then the GC list manager unloading at Freo for not doing a deal. Rumours Sharp had a sook and disliked Freo.

GC don’t give him a single game - not even emergency I don’t believe and he was fit and played every game in VFL.

Posters saying he is definitely coming to Freo will be a trade, will be a DFA - is going to be neither it seems. Freo (Walls and Bell) playing a straight bat and not really pointing towards any interest.

Still not actually delisted with GC.

Could really be an afternoon soap opera.

For what it’s worth. I think it is all hush hush and the playing a straight bat is they want to pick him up via SSP as a rookie. We’ll see him down at PSD training preparing to be added in December.

Decent little saga though.
I wonder if there might be some deal leading into the draft that GC might want to leverage Sharp into.

But maybe the most likely scenario is Hardwick is doing his own deep dive into the list and figuring out how he might best utilise it and who's in the plan etc. This might also include ongoing discussions between Hardwick and Sharp about that vision and how it might play out etc.

My memory of Oscar McDonald is of him being one of the worse KPDs in recent memory tbh.

But at least he's an experienced body to cover Davies/Draper for the next year or 2.

I may have gotten early signs of dementia there. For a second I thought it was Tom McDonald

My memory of Oscar McDonald is of him being one of the worse KPDs in recent memory tbh.

But at least he's an experienced body to cover Davies/Draper for the next year or 2.
Well yeah that's the whole point. If he does play then it's likely to be on the 3rd tall.

It's an insurance selection, and given he went back to the VFL and performed well he's not likely to be here for the pay cheque alone.

Well yeah that's the whole point. If he does play then it's likely to be on the 3rd tall.

It's an insurance selection, and given he went back to the VFL and performed well he's not likely to be here for the pay cheque alone.

He might be looking at a three year, $200,000 per year contract here. That could be a good deal for everyone.

Oscar McDonald could be a shrewd pickup.

VFL form has been good apparently. Helps to shore up the backline. Only 27 and a lot of big guys dont hit their peak until around this age.

Josh Corbett will be very excited to play with McDonald at Peel.
Hi Five Reaction GIF by NTE Grøntforsprang

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar McDonald is good business. Right in his prime, understands his role in the squad and he gets another shot on a list that could still surprise next year.

I'd imagine he's gotten the main list spot ahead of Sharp due to the demand for KPD, hopefully that still goes through though.

Oscar McDonald is good business. Right in his prime, understands his role in the squad and he gets another shot on a list that could still surprise next year.

I'd imagine he's gotten the main list spot ahead of Sharp due to the demand for KPD, hopefully that still goes through though.
Plus, if he shows anything, and is in contract, we can sell him onto the KPD meat market for a first rounder.

If we end up with Sharp, IMO its gotta be one year and one year only.

He's insurance for:
  • Chappy not working on the wing.
  • Chappy getting hurt.
  • NOD getting hurt.

If we end up with Sharp, IMO its gotta be one year and one year only.

He's insurance for:
  • Chappy not working on the wing.
  • Chappy getting hurt.
  • NOD getting hurt.
Idk if I'd frame it as an insurance policy. To me, it's more another option to compete: it's kinda like a scattergun approach where we're probably gonna want to have like 8 players as possible wing options and hope that 2 of them step up. Key fwd last year to me was similar, where you had like 5-6 guys competing for 2-3 spots (Jackson's name in the team was in pen).

An insurance policy signing to me is like Oscar McDonald, where he's clearly gonna be below Pearce and Cox in the pecking order (though I think in a pinch you can play all 3 together).

Oscar McDonald can actually play forward as well... lulz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back