List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Farkenell! Meh forward line options are overrated.

Nevermind, we can nab someone in trade wee…oh wait.

Oh well we can use our draft pi…oh wait.

No that’s alright Kuek will come straight back into the best twenty tw… oh wait.

At least we got Taberner. 😉

Yeah but the point being missed - no team can be full of highly paid players. You have to blend high and lower to fit in the salary cap. We had an option, it was within our control to contract two good players at lower rates. But we 'hoped' to really low ball both, and guess what, they went and took a look at the market and both were offered way in excess of what we offered. Returning with better offers was a failure.

Now we have neither and we have to 'hope' a youngster comes on to cover both, or that someone that wanted to come here, but we left hanging, will hopefully again choose us. Alternatively, we are chasing someone that's a DFA, and was not chased by teams with far worse KPD stocks than us and they get to watch him play week in and week out ie North, Essendon, Hawthorn and even Geelong, Richmond and Western Bulldogs are worse off for KPD than us. Hamling was ours, and perfect as cover as Davies and Draper develop.
Honestly Hamling if you watched in 2022 was cooked. Was limping around end of games, tapped out early with ice pack on ankle etc. Great news that he found a way to manage his degenerative ankle in 2023 and showed he is still solid KPD. I had no issue with the club only offering 1 year. They then apparently increased the offer but Sydney offered him the trigger for 3rd and on higher salary. At the end of the day he is depth only at Freo and really left for more opportunity and longer contract with the clubs blessing in the end as a free agent. We replace him with McDonald.

Not worth a massive melt.

I get your concerns around Logue and Acres and agree, but on Hamling c’mon let it go. He is an ankle injury / recurrence/aggravation away from end of career.

I'm of the opinion that Corbett shouldn't play AFL even with injuries, so its not a big loss, just feel bad for the bloke as he seems like a good bloke.

It weakens our WAFL team for sure though, I'm actually more excited with an SSP rookie in Corbetts place than I am with Corbett.

Not sure if we need anymore KPF depth tbh, One of McDonald (played a little bit of forward), Davies(played small minutes forward for Peel) or Draper(drafted as a forward) can cover if we get into a crisis, hell even if one of those 3 play defense and Cox goes forward.

Probably need a bit more ready to go depth as Corbett/Keuk not available and Tabs struggling to get on the park.
If we need a medium tall, Banfield is better than all those WAFL players. If we need a 3rd Tall then we have Tabs and Reidy, plus with O MCD coming could move Draper to the forward line for Peel.
I really don’t think we need to be scrambling to replace Corbett, would prefer to bring in Sharp for Wing competition and take another shot at small forward, need a couple developing in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds brutal but can we afford to carry two players in a list for a winter season intense same position that won’t kick a ball in 2024? Should one of Kuek or corbett be paid out in full now for 2024 like Lachie o brien was with Carlton?
Gives us a chance to replace them via the national draft instead of the scraps in the pre season supplementary period

I wouldn’t rule out Kuek personally. He did his ACL mid season. Players have returned early in the season the next year from that.

Most likely scenario is he plays for 4-6 weeks at Peel towards the end of the season though.

It sounds brutal but can we afford to carry two players in a list for a winter season intense same position that won’t kick a ball in 2024? Should one of Kuek or corbett be paid out in full now for 2024 like Lachie o brien was with Carlton?
Gives us a chance to replace them via the national draft instead of the scraps in the pre season supplementary period
You can put them on the long injury list.

As Docker82 said, Keuk will be back mid year, but it will be a struggle for him to play good WAFL football the back end of the season with no preseason.

If we were ever going to, now would be the time.

We have the Schultz and Henry cash that had been set aside.

Brodie McLaughlin would be a chance for an SSP spot and some depth in the mid-sized fwd stocks. Apparently we have been sniffing around.

Topped the VFL goalkicking and, although 25 y.o., hasn't really had a full opportunity yet. Was stuck in the queue at a pretty stacked Gold Coast forward line.

Pleased we'll get Jeremy. Free hit.
Supremely fit. Looks like a surfer. Just feels a very Fremantle player.

I confess I haven't watched much of him. I know we liked him in his draft year. Is he quick?

Pleased we'll get Jeremy. Free hit.
Supremely fit. Looks like a surfer. Just feels a very Fremantle player.

I confess I haven't watched much of him. I know we liked him in his draft year. Is he quick?
I'm holding my breath until he nominated us. Id be very surprised if the wiggles didn't come in hard for him. They have no wings (Gaff definitely does not count). Hopefully his Jacko relationship is strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back