List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharp it is ?

I’d take a punt on Ruscoe.
If sharp is happy to wait til the ssp then yes, every chance he gets taken IF he noms for the draft though

Realistically he can sit the draft out as he has been delisted (didn't end up delisting himself)

Might cost us a 3 year rookie contract to get him to commit to us without the draft?

Agree, also Ruscoe (193) is 3cm taller than Corbett (190) and could be a back up tall back or play that defensive forward role that Logue played last year. Ruscoe is actually the same height as Logue and similar weight and athleticism, he could be the Logue replacement for those still pissed about losing him…but 4 years younger

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hes a Collingwood 2s player thats not taking us forward in my opinion.

Hes a Collingwood 2s player thats not taking us forward in my opinion.
Sharp is a GC seconds player, but everyone’s pretty keen on him coming, O McDonald isn’t even on an AFL list.
Everyone knows that being delisted doesn’t make you the worst player in a squad, it makes you the worst out of contract player that year in a role that has depth.

AFL confirms rookie rules for SSP, Mid-Season Draft
  • Players must have previously been on the list of a Club (not required to nominate for the most recent Draft) refers to the following situations:
    • A Delisted Player
      Note: A Player delisted by a club cannot be reselected in the SSP or MSRD by the same Club in the period immediately following their delisting unless they nominated for the most recent Draft
    • A Retired Player and/or a Player who has delisted themselves and has not been on an AFL list for one year or more.
Therefore Sharp can be selected as a guarantee via the following means:

He doesn’t nominate for any of the ND, PSD or RD. He starts training with Freo and then signs as soon as SSP opens which is usually around 1st December.

He will then fill the Corbett LTI spot.

Why do you think he couldn't get a game under Dew?
I honestly don't know.

He was really promising in his first couple of years, and then he fell out of favour with Dew, and was never the same again.

There are a number of players who seem to fall out favour with Dew, and are asked to totally revamp their game to their detriment - often resulting in their confidence being shot to pieces.

Alex Sexton is a good example. Won the club goal kicking two years in a row, then became the subject of Dew's dissatisfaction, and has been a shell of himself on the rare occasion he's gotten a game since.

The club rated Sharp really highly in his draft year, if you remember they live traded with Geelong their future 1st round pick (pick 11), for pick 27 in the current season's draft in order to get him.

Drew a fair bit of attention. Kind of seemed justified over the first couple of years, but it all fell apart pretty shortly after that.

Defensive running, lack of physicality, not adhering to the gameplan are usually one or more of the things that got Dew's goat - all things Sharp can likely rectify.

Re: J Sharp

The Suns did not offer him a contract according to their press release. So does that mean he's a DFA that can sign with who ever he chooses in any of the three DFA periods (starting next Wednesday)? If someone has some good links for this, please post them (apologies if this has been addressed here). There is a AFL Players process diagram from 2019 https://cdn.aflplayers.com.au/app/uploads/2020/12/AFL_FREE_AGENCY_EXPLAINED_2019.pdf

Its awesome we have a real chance at him, I hope he really really really wants to make the Optus wing his for the next ten years.

If sharp is happy to wait til the ssp then yes, every chance he gets taken IF he noms for the draft though

Realistically he can sit the draft out as he has been delisted (didn't end up delisting himself)

Might cost us a 3 year rookie contract to get him to commit to us without the draft?
Read the rules - no need to nominate.

Re: J Sharp

The Suns did not offer him a contract according to their press release. So does that mean he's a DFA that can sign with who ever he chooses in any of the three DFA periods (starting next Wednesday)? If someone has some good links for this, please post them (apologies if this has been addressed here). There is a AFL Players process diagram from 2019 https://cdn.aflplayers.com.au/app/uploads/2020/12/AFL_FREE_AGENCY_EXPLAINED_2019.pdf

Its awesome we have a real chance at him, I hope he really really really wants to make the Optus wing his for the next ten years.
He can be picked up as DFA on 1 Nov. As a result he will have unrestricted Free Agency status for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, as harsh as it is, we really shouldnt carry two depth players who are basically ruled out for the season and in line to get delisted end of next year. One of Corbett and Kuek should be let go, I'd be leaning towards Corbett while giving him a job with the AFLW team and obviously helping him rehab.

Might seem like overkill but if Chappy is moving towards the wing, we could do a lot worse than pick up Ruscoe as well. The backline at Peel is just 4 AFL players now in McDonald, Davies, Worner and Draper - that's extremely shallow
Not really carrying them if they can be replaced and moved to inactive.

At end of the day Corbett had a contract so we’d be paying anyway.

Personally I would have delisted Corbett but he won the team player award of whatever it is so is popular amongst the group. He could get down to Peel and do some coaching. He has been patching with the girls team. The club have confirmed he will stay on the list. Ruscoe is not worth a list spot from what I’ve seen. Corbett barely played and we can replace him with Tabs.

Kuek did his ACL on 15 July and had surgery around 19 July. No reason why he can’t be working his way back at Peel reserves around mid to late June 2024. Hopefully he is using the time to build his body a bit. I like Kuek and shows a bit of xFactor. With the mid season rookie change he can stay on rookie list for another full year if the club see some good signs from him in the second half of the year.

AFL confirms rookie rules for SSP, Mid-Season Draft
  • Players must have previously been on the list of a Club (not required to nominate for the most recent Draft) refers to the following situations:
    • A Delisted Player
      Note: A Player delisted by a club cannot be reselected in the SSP or MSRD by the same Club in the period immediately following their delisting unless they nominated for the most recent Draft
    • A Retired Player and/or a Player who has delisted themselves and has not been on an AFL list for one year or more.
Therefore Sharp can be selected as a guarantee via the following means:

He doesn’t nominate for any of the ND, PSD or RD. He starts training with Freo and then signs as soon as SSP opens which is usually around 1st December.

He will then fill the Corbett LTI spot.
In theory this works as he was delisted by GC

Other clubs can swoop in and offer him a main list spot tho, as early as 5 days away

We might need Corbett for depth in 2025.

You'd want at least three of Amiss, Tracy, Taberner and L.McDonald on the list in 2025 to even consider cutting him imo.

Only exception is if we find a player next year that's genuinely good enough to sit amongst that group (i.e. around Taberner standard).

Putting him on the LTI list makes sense imo.

We might need Corbett for depth in 2025.

You'd want at least three of Amiss, Tracy, Taberner and L.McDonald on the list in 2025 to even consider cutting him imo.

Only exception is if we find a player next year that's genuinely good enough to sit amongst that group (i.e. around Taberner standard).

Putting him on the LTI list makes sense imo.
What's the point of having Corbett as depth though

Would much rather just play a medium forward than play Corbett as a tall

What's the point of having Corbett as depth though

Would much rather just play a medium forward than play Corbett as a tall
He underperformed this year but he's shown he can play at an okay level at Gold Coast.

My fear is that Taberner retires after 2024, McDonald doesn't come and we're left with nothing Amiss and Treacy for 2025.

If Taberner shows his body is up for another year or McDonald comes I wouldn't see the point in keeping Corbett on the list in 2025.

He underperformed this year but he's shown he can play at an okay level at Gold Coast.

My fear is that Taberner retires after 2024, McDonald doesn't come and we're left with nothing Amiss and Treacy for 2025.

If Taberner shows his body is up for another year or McDonald comes I wouldn't see the point in keeping Corbett on the list in 2025.
As someone that watched him a bit at gold coast, I don't think he was very good over there either

I doubt tabs retires, if he is out of the game next year it's us delisting him (which would probably take a full year on the sidelines or maybe 16+ weeks)

I guess a year is a long time but it's hard to see Corbett getting a gig in 2025, he's a known quantity and doesn't cut it imo

As someone that watched him a bit at gold coast, I don't think he was very good over there either

I doubt tabs retires, if he is out of the game next year it's us delisting him (which would probably take a full year on the sidelines or maybe 16+ weeks)

I guess a year is a long time but it's hard to see Corbett getting a gig in 2025, he's a known quantity and doesn't cut it imo

He performed at the level of a fringe AFL KPF at Gold Coast. Averaged around a goal a game.

I cannot see an 18/19 year old doing anything remotely close to that tbh and trading someone in next year would be the same cost or more for a player to play exactly the role on our list that Corbett did this year.

If we have three AFL standard KPFs on our list for 2025 I’m more than happy to cut him at the end of 2024. The fourth/fifth spot can be filled by Kuek if he finishes 2024 well and an 18/19 year old we would’ve just drafted.

Read my post, it clearly says that already
Fair enough - someone kept telling me he needed to nominate for drafts but he doesn’t. He also needs to agree to contract offer under DFA.

An article recently indicted he wanted to return to WA to be with family. My understanding is WCE have zero interest. But in theory yes he could sign with another club on 01-11-2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back