List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

T
Would surely be one of the most expensive trades in AFL history?
A million dollar player - 23 years old - minimum two top 10 picks and a second rounder?
they’ll have the parish compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zak Butters is contracted until 2025.

Essendon would be coughing up #8, #9 and their future first.

There is no real world scenario a team finishing top 2, lets go of a 23 year old contracted for two years that is currently in the running for the Brownlow. If DODORO finds a way to get enough compensation that Port take the deal, he needs to be sacked immediately

100% our future 1st and 2nd are the only insurance against another terrible season. They just can't trade them this year unless we are getting N.Daicos for it.
I don’t like trading away F1st either but for pick 5 which will become pick 6 after bid on Walter you are least guaranteeing a good return. I for one back ourselves to do better than finish in our current ladder position.

IF GC wanted to move all the value of 6 into next year (which is possible), we'd probably be the best team for that to happen with. Of the teams around us, Hawks MIGHT back themselves to improve and there trading a f1 has merit but it'd be damn risky for a pick 6. As the youngest of the teams around us, we'd be the team GC would feel most comfortable doesnt improve next year

Trading etc is not my strong point.Maybe this question is a bit silly but, where do we stand if Liam Henry wants out?
Can we trade or do we accept it as is?

Trading etc is not my strong point.Maybe this question is a bit silly but, where do we stand if Liam Henry wants out?
Not a free agent, has to be traded to get where he wants or he has to risk going through PSD or the draft (historically, players dont like doing this)

He either gets traded for picks or can be selected in the PSD if no agreement is reached between clubs.
In reality, we will get picks for him but lose a bit of leverage as he’s OOC.
He’s not a free agent to the receiving club cannot just sign him for nothing

I don't like our chances of trading it for pick < 6 though. More like 10+.
Yes I agree but the discussion was on pick 5/6 (GC 2023). If that is trade I’d do it. If it is 10 plus no thanks.

If we had another disaster of a year I’d expect that would be same ladder position or one lower. I don’t think too many would be concerned about 3/4 vs 5. I actually can’t see us finishing that low. This place would go feral and I’d lose all hope with the club.

Yes I agree but the discussion was on pick 5/6 (GC 2023). If that is trade I’d do it. If it is 10 plus no thanks.

If we had another disaster of a year I’d expect that would be same ladder position or one lower. I don’t think too many would be concerned about 3/4 vs 5. I actually can’t see us finishing that low. This place would go feral and I’d lose all hope with the club.
Yeah, IF GC stay where they are now then the worst it really gets is 7 assuming North get some bullshit McKay compo. For getting a kid in a year early, I'll take the risk we have just as bad a year next year (I cant see it possibly being worse) and we maybe drop 2 or 3 spots (there'll be someone pushing back picks in the top 5 again next year).

Gold Coast are not giving us pick 5 for an F1. I would take that deal in a heartbeat!
It would cost pick 21, our F1 and probably pick 38 too. Minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back