List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Not following what you mean with this?

edit: You mean you think by seasons end (and particularly draft night), it will 10+?

Yes I agree but the discussion was on pick 5/6 (GC 2023). If that is trade I’d do it. If it is 10 plus no thanks.

If we had another disaster of a year I’d expect that would be same ladder position or one lower. I don’t think too many would be concerned about 3/4 vs 5. I actually can’t see us finishing that low. This place would go feral and I’d lose all hope with the club.
Sorry didn't realise we were talking about GC 1. Might be doable but I do agree we might need to cough up more.

How about swapping:

Fremantle 2024 F1, #21, #40 for Jeremy Sharp, GC pick #5, #25 and #43?
We shouldn't be trading our F1, I don't trust JLo and we are not guaranteed to get better assistants next year. Besides, we don't have any needs in the top 5 draft this year but I suppose we could split the pick.

Maybe I'm optimistic, but taking into account McKay and Walter's, I dont think GC are getting much of a better offer than our first straight up (if we wanted to do that). If their main aim is to move as much value as possible to next year, who is giving a more enticing offer for what will be pick 7? Who am I missing here, it would only be Hawks IMO but that would be mighty risky for them

Controversial post:

I would trade Ras for a suitable pick & genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Freo were shopping him to WCE, as some here have alluded to.

Hear me out.

It’s not because I don’t rate him, I just think we’re flushed with many quality mid prospects and not enough A grade talent elsewhere around the ground.

We’ve essentially got Brayshaw, Serong & Johnson as locks for the next 10 years. Fyfe & JOM for a few more. Brodie, who I believe can recapture last years form. And then others such as Young, Chapman & NOD who may end up as inside mids. This also doesn’t take into account any quality mid prospects from future drafts.

From a list management standpoint, if we could turn Ras into a quality small forward, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Keen to hear thoughts.

For Freo, do you think our season in 2024 would result in a pick worse than the value of GC's (or choosing from talent that values it around there)?
For mine, that's 50/50 and the lowest I see it being (pick 4 or 5) is negligible to pick 7, though it gets a bit more iffy very quickly the more that balloons out

Controversial post:

I would trade Ras for a suitable pick & genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Freo were shopping him to WCE, as some here have alluded to.

Hear me out.

It’s not because I don’t rate him, I just think we’re flushed with many quality mid prospects and not enough A grade talent elsewhere around the ground.

We’ve essentially got Brayshaw, Serong & Johnson as locks for the next 10 years. Fyfe & JOM for a few more. Brodie, who I believe can recapture last years form. And then others such as Young, Chapman & NOD who may end up as inside mids. This also doesn’t take into account any quality mid prospects from future drafts.

From a list management standpoint, if we could turn Ras into a quality small forward, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Keen to hear thoughts.

I think Brodie is the spare there, Erasmus has what Brodie doesn't - the ability to run and defensive run particularly.

What Erasmus needs is time, and our surplus of mids allows for that.

For Freo, do you think our season in 2024 would result in a pick worse than the value of GC's (or choosing from talent that values it around there)?
If JLo maintains the conservative approach to his game plan than we will finish below Gold Coast like we have done this year. There is evidence to suggest he sees no issue with his current game style as they are doubling down on the handballing nonsense. If there was an elite forward in the top 10 that fits our needs, I would consider the gamble but there isn't one in this draft.

For mine, that's 50/50 and the lowest I see it being (pick 4 or 5) is negligible to pick 7, though it gets a bit more iffy very quickly the more that balloons out

I agree. But then from GC's position I don't think they will expect our future first to be close to the value of the pick we are getting from them because they would expect us to do better next year too.

But they could cough up more value if they are looking to move someone out of their list under contract.

Controversial post:

Hear me out.

Keen to hear thoughts.
I think your view on the midfield is optimistic and Ras with a mature body and 50+ more games of experience is exactly what we need in there. Fyfe cant get on the park, JOM's timeframe should hopefully line up with Ras taking over properly and Brodie is no guarantee to get back to last year. The club might put Young and/or Chapman on the wing but I think it's unlikely they become permanent on the ball players

History also says the clubs would rather fold than start doing these trades together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wouldn’t be a chance at himmelberg would we?
And would we be happy to swap cox for HH, picking up some draft capital along the way?

Only ask, because he hasn’t yet signed, and the club’s allegedly into him haven’t seemed to be making headway either.

If JLo maintains the conservative approach to his game plan than we will finish below Gold Coast like we have done this year. There is evidence to suggest he sees no issue with his current game style as they are doubling down on the handballing nonsense. If there was an elite forward in the top 10 that fits our needs I would consider the gamble but there isn't one in this draft.

I think we take ten more marks a game next season from kicks moving forward and it looks like a totally different year. All those hands to the ball from Jackson and Treacy that spilled - there's the marks.

I agree. But then from GC's position I don't think they will expect our future first to be close to the value of the pick we are getting from them because they would expect us to do better next year too.

But they could cough up more value if they are looking to move someone out of their list under contract.
Yeah but if we assume their goal is to move as much of the value of the pick into next year as possible, whose future 1st is more appealing than ours that would actually do the trade?

We wouldn’t be a chance at himmelberg would we?
And would we be happy to swap cox for HH, picking up some draft capital along the way?

Only ask, because he hasn’t yet signed, and the club’s allegedly into him haven’t seemed to be making headway either.

He's one that Freo could be into and we'd never know about it until it drops because there isn't heaps of noise.

Yeah but if we assume their goal is to move as much of the value of the pick into next year as possible, whose future 1st is more appealing than ours that would actually do the trade?

Only Richmond to my eye. All of Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong would plan to rise up the ladder and all could.

Hawthorn, North and West Coast probably aren't interested in trading their future first without gutting the pig this season for it and I don't think GC wants to buy that pick.

I look forward to GWS or St Kilda buying that selection.

I think Brodie is the spare there, Erasmus has what Brodie doesn't - the ability to run and defensive run particularly.

What Erasmus needs is time, and our surplus of mids allows for that.
I think your view on the midfield is optimistic and Ras with a mature body and 50+ more games of experience is exactly what we need in there. Fyfe cant get on the park, JOM's timeframe should hopefully line up with Ras taking over properly and Brodie is no guarantee to get back to last year. The club might put Young and/or Chapman on the wing but I think it's unlikely they become permanent on the ball players

History also says the clubs would rather fold than start doing these trades together
It would be a bold move, for sure.

I could see a scenario though, where it could make sense for all three parties.

Only Richmond to my eye. All of Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong would plan to rise up the ladder and all could.

Hawthorn, North and West Coast probably aren't interested in trading their future first without gutting the pig this season for it and I don't think GC wants to buy that pick.

I look forward to GWS or St Kilda buying that selection.
I'd be stunned if GWS is in a position to take on salary dumps, the expansion clubs will never be able to "supplement" player income enough to do that. St Kilda MAYBE. I dont know if GC can have the optics of salary dumping a top 10 pick again, either, that would seem... controversial

Hmmm I see your line of thinking and it’s a unique set of circumstances this year.
Are we sure they have enough points this year to do that though?
Still think we would need to throw something in though.
Swapping our F1 for pick 5 would be fine by me. If we could get Mckercher I’d be thrilled. Or even Nick Watson. It will be at least pick 7 on the night though as Walter will be bid on, plus north will surely be given Band 1 compo for McKay?

Why do we want Chapman in the middle?
From the size of him, he could be KPD very soon.
I don’t, I’ve just seen many others mention it.

I also don’t think he’s KPD height either, despite being recorded at 193. Has always looked shorter me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back