List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Yes. I watch our games. I like to see if the eye-test is reflected in stats. It's an imperfect science, I know.

I haven't said the forwards suck. Maybe my point is being misunderstood.

Let's come at it from a different angle.

Below is the game V Port. Freo won the Inside 50s 46 to 40. I've circled where we could have won the game if we were better in that area.

View attachment 1788331

When I talk about mids not moving the ball well, this is part of it...

We turn it over inside fifty and miss targets all game.

When I talk about mids not moving the ball well, this is part of it...

We turn it over inside fifty and miss targets all game.
I think we have common ground here. It's frustrating watching horrible entries. I agree. There were 3 against the Hawks that were howlers (Henry's in particular was woeful).

Statistically though, our kicking is excellent. It's that last kick inside 50 we need to impove. Mind you, it might help if the forwards made contests out of entries that weren't placed on their chest. I think of Cyril and Balla when I have this conversation. Kick it anywhere near them and you're in trouble. It doesn't have to be a Mundy lace-out bullet.

Just think we need more players who can compete in our forward 50...and the same depth forward as we have back and mid.

Next year we need Young/Walters/Sturt/Treacy to combine for more fwd50 entries than Darcy/Brayshaw/Serong/Ryan/Cox etc. Elite ball users/decision makers ball-in-hand would drastically transform our ladder position.

Yes. I watch our games. I like to see if the eye-test is reflected in stats. It's an imperfect science, I know.

I haven't said the forwards suck. Maybe my point is being misunderstood.

Let's come at it from a different angle.

Below is the game V Port. Freo won the Inside 50s 46 to 40. I've circled where we could have won the game if we were better in that area.

View attachment 1788331
I should be clear, I agree we need another genuine forward up there, even said as much in here just the efficiency stat you quoted sucked and I was petty and couldnt let it go through to the keeper. Some more time will help our forwards a lot. Just Amiss being 24/25 will make a world of difference but we cant do anything except wait there unfortunatelu

I should be clear, I agree we need another genuine forward up there, even said as much in here just the efficiency stat you quoted sucked and I was petty and couldnt let it go through to the keeper. Some more time will help our forwards a lot. Just Amiss being 24/25 will make a world of difference but we cant do anything except wait there unfortunatelu
We could go the cheap option and actually keep Cox forward. Would be against his wishes i reckon though

Anytime I hear someone still say "Fremantle still need to get their forward line right" I just assume that they don't watch our games, our forward mix is set, it doesn't need anymore tweaking.
Replace Walters.
Move switta higher, replace him with a forward who can mark and crumb the ball.

I would love a 20 year Jamie Elliott. So dangerous both on the lead, 1 v 2 or crumbing the ball

Last edited:
I'm not so sure on Draper, similar to Benning ,has talent but no real drive.
Also I'm not that taken by Worner, too soft.

Replace Walters.
Move switta higher, replace him with a forward who can mark and crumb the ball.

I would love a 20 year Jamie Elliott. So dangerous both on the lead, 1 v 2 or crumbing the ball
Hard to replace Walters. He's a star. Still kicked 33 goals this year (2nd most at the club).

Hope he plays until he's 40.

I doubt they'll announce any delistings for those still playing for peel until their finals campaign is done.

Imo Benning, Colyer, Wilson, hamling

Hamling didn't look out of place and having a tall defender of his quality as back up isn't the worst idea in the world. i guess it will come down to whether he can get more money elsewhere and the club wishes him luck, or he stays on for the base contract which iirc is around 180k?

I doubt they'll announce any delistings for those still playing for peel until their finals campaign is done.

Imo Benning, Colyer, Wilson, hamling
Even Benning is technically eligible for Peel still.

If Henry is genuinely still making up his mind like he says (I doubt it) then we'll hear nothing for 3-4 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1693208770858-png.1788454

Take it with a pinch of salt :laughing:

Benning, Colyer and Wilson are 100% gone. I get the feeling we'll hold off on Hamling till we're clear with list spots. If Henry leaves, I think we'll be happy with four changes. If Georgiardas or someone else comes in via trade, we'll delist Hamling.

Benning, Colyer and Wilson are 100% gone. I get the feeling we'll hold off on Hamling till we're clear with list spots. If Henry leaves, I think we'll be happy with four changes. If Georgiardas or someone else comes in via trade, we'll delist Hamling.

This new/old veteran rule could save Hamling tbh.

Can’t see us delisting him until we have that confirmation if it comes early enough. Knowing the AFL though, confirmation will happen a week before the National Draft and clubs will just have to adjust. Players like Hamling that it would’ve helped* will just be delisted.

* it won’t help Hamling directly but Fyfe or Walters going on it would help massively.

Thing is you know what your gonna get with Naughton. We should be coming into the years where we should be challenging and another 40+ goal a year forward to help Amiss is needed. Do people see Treacy as a player capable of kicking 40+?
Yes I do actually, if the headless chook midfielders got their act together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back