List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
But Sharp is not an AFL winger, he‘s a reserves player (and Brodie also finished the year as a reserves player (with Fyfe and O’Meara unavailable).
Oleg Markov just won a flag, there is sometimes value on players in another teams reserves

Probs a load of bs guessing but this twitter account tipped Hamling to the swans before the Journo’s had it. Had this too say about Darcy, potentially BS but hopefully in the know somewhat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I'm not copping that no-compo rubbish. If someone is getting him to move across the country, we are getting some kind of compo for him. Sydney are throwing bucketloads of money around, they would be overpaying and the money required for him to chose North would be nutty I imagine
Ehhh

We would have offered chips and only 1 year, he just had a $500+ per year (probably 550 or 600 tbh, he was in demand last time we signed him) 5 year deal for him

Ehhh

We would have offered chips and only 1 year, he just had a $500+ per year (probably 550 or 600 tbh, he was in demand last time we signed him) 5 year deal for him
Yeah but Sydney just whiffed on all their KPD targets and are desperate for someone and it’s got to be enough to get a guy with a very young family to uproot himself for a few years.

We’ll get something I reckon

Yeah but Sydney just whiffed on all their KPD targets and are desperate for someone and it’s got to be enough to get a guy with a very young family to uproot himself for a few years.

I reckon if swans have offered 300k a year then that's more than we would have

There's a small chance we give him Henry's money but tbh he wasn't in our plans 10 weeks ago so there wouldn't be much $$ left there for him

Probs a load of bs guessing but this twitter account tipped Hamling to the swans before the Journo’s had it. Had this too say about Darcy, potentially BS but hopefully in the know somewhat

All the Freo stuff from this guy just sounds like he reads our board.

I reckon if swans have offered 300k a year then that's more than we would have

There's a small chance we give him Henry's money but tbh he wasn't in our plans 10 weeks ago so there wouldn't be much $$ left there for him
Yeah but I don’t think they are competing with us for him, they are competing with Joel’s hesitation to uproot everything for a couple of years including no family support for a baby (which sucks). That’s expensive competition

I think this is overly optimistic. Even they are offering as 'little' as say 225k plus standard match fee why wouldn't he take it? Is he just going to walk into a job that pays 200k in 2025? Even half that amount would be optimistic. He'd leaving potentially 200 or 300k on the table.

Lots of people would uproot the family for a 2 years for half that amount and kids age 1 to 3 is the absolute perfect time to do it. When they're 1 you've had enough experience to know what you're doing and they don't start any form of schooling till they're well over 3. As long as it's not interfering with your partners career why not spend a couple of years somewhere like Sydney?

I think this is overly optimistic. Even they are offering as 'little' as say 225k plus standard match fee why wouldn't he take it? Is he just going to walk into a job that pays 200k in 2025? Even half that amount would be optimistic. He'd leaving potentially 200 or 300k on the table.

Lots of people would uproot the family for a 2 years for half that amount and kids age 1 to 3 is the absolute perfect time to do it. When they're 1 you've had enough experience to know what you're doing and they don't start any form of schooling till they're well over 3. As long as it's not interfering with your partners career why not spend a couple of years somewhere like Sydney?
Yep, as a professional footballer he takes that in a heartbeat. Not that we should have offered him more than one year ourselves. I was just hoping no-one would offer a multi-year contract.

We were between a rock and a hard place. It would have been reckless of the club to offer him 2-3 years like Sydney have.

If it weren't for Sydney losing one or both McCartins and North losing McKay and Logue, then Joel would not be in demand and likely would have been content with a year at Freo.

All up, we are only losing some depth. We have cover. The big loser here is Peel.
And if our captain made out of hardened molten sand does AP things... ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Rhino Hamling's decision is more about AFL opportunity and less about the money/length side of things (though that obviously still plays a part)

Meh, disagree, maybe I’m a homebody but ages 1-3 suck and I wouldn’t want to move, especially if they have another, then it REALLY sucks. 1 more guaranteed year wouldnt get me moving.

We’ll find out

Last edited:
Meh, disagree, maybe I’m a homebody but ages 1-3 suck and I’d wouldn’t want to move, especially if they have another, then it REALLY sucks. 1 more guaranteed year would get me moving.

We’ll find out
Nup. Posted overseas with three under 3. Much easier than later. Best time to do it.

Unpopular opinion but I’m totally fine with this.
Unless you think we are a flag contender next year which is a stretch for even the most one-eyed members of the purple army, we are better off in the long term with the pick received from hamling even if it’s a third rounder. Walls will put it to good long term use.
Hamling ain’t getting a game ahead of Cox or Pearce next year.
Except when they can’t play.

Yeah but I don’t think they are competing with us for him, they are competing with Joel’s hesitation to uproot everything for a couple of years including no family support for a baby (which sucks). That’s expensive competition
300k isn't exactly a small amount of money, the CBA increase has helped quite a bit

They'd have enough to move over while keeping their house over here, Hammer is already in a good position financially too,coming off a multimillion dollar contract

If Dees are looking to move Clarry on to get picks to on trade to WCE for Reid as Tom Morris reported. I’d imagine they’d have to deal Clarry to North to get picks to be able to win the eagles over. With Clarry’s connection to Simpkin I’d imagine that’ll get some wheels over the next few days. Should keep those crazy Kanga fans busy so they stop dreaming about getting Darcy this season 🤣

Although I don't believe any social media accounts, I'm curious to give it a suss

The bigfooty app on my phone is meh, so links never pop up for me. Mind if I ask what the username is mate?

Although I don't believe any social media accounts, I'm curious to give it a suss

The bigfooty app on my phone is meh, so links never pop up for me. Mind if I ask what the username is mate?
Tradepreacher

Almost definitely a nobody but they are less radical than some of the others I’ve seen pop up on my twitter feed over the last few days haha.

As someone said earlier majority of their Fremantle info sounds similar to stuff on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back