List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 Currently OOC
Cincotta, Kemp, Marchbank, Cuningham, Akuei, E.Curnow, O'Keeffe, Silvagni, Honey, Fogarty, Plowman, McGovern,
Newman, Dow, Durdin, Philp & De Koning

Re-sign
Cincotta, Kemp, (Marchbank/ Cuningham, if they can play out the year. If not delist)
O'Keeffe, Newman, Dow (reduced deal) & Durdin

Trade
Silvagni, McGovern, De Koning

Delist
Akuei, E.Curnow, Plowman, Honey, Fogarty, Philp

I'd also trade any contracted player on the list for the right deal...
I'd rather keep McGovern on a greatly reduced contract. He wont get big offers elsewhere (maybe only WCE), and we arent going to pickup someone who uses the ball that well cheaper. He's prob the best kick in the side. if the load is spread more evenly in defense then his body will have more of a chance to hold up.

If our list is as bad as lots are saying, how will adding two or three top 20 picks improve anything next year? Especially considering we will need to trade future picks or established players to get those extra picks.

If what Cook said a few months ago is the plan and we will target the draft, I don’t see how this turns around quickly.

Our list obviously has holes but we shouldn’t be in the bottom 4 looking at a possible bottom 3 finish, it’s garbage, 1/3 of our starting 18 are All Australian players. I still can’t accept that our list is so bad as to be in this situation, which makes me very worried about our coach.

If our list is as bad as lots are saying, how will adding two or three top 20 picks improve anything next year? Especially considering we will need to trade future picks or established players to get those extra picks.

If what Cook said a few months ago is the plan and we will target the draft, I don’t see how this turns around quickly.

Our list obviously has holes but we shouldn’t be in the bottom 4 looking at a possible bottom 3 finish, it’s garbage, 1/3 of our starting 18 are All Australian players. I still can’t accept that our list is so bad as to be in this situation, which makes me very worried about our coach.
It most likely won't be a quick turn around. It needs to start asap

It almost seems like we put a 2 year plan in place the start of the year to turn our list over - with 2 year deals offered to players like LOB and Owies....who I think were both extremely fortunate, but that's another story.

Those out of contract the end of 2024 include LOB, Owies, Mirkov, Carroll, Martin, Boyd and Cottrell - who all have the chance over the next 18 months to justify their spot on a list - and there'll no doubt be others traded out during that time. Durds is also out of contract, who I'm actually a little nervous will seek to return to SA, especially with his close family ties. I'm a massive fan of his despite having a quiet year, along with most of his team mates.

Anyway, you're correct though - you can't make wholesale changes in a single year....especially when you don't have the draft picks to back it up. I can see probably around 7-8 delistings/trades from our list the end of this year - bearing in mind we need to create two spots if we want to re-sign HO'K and Cinc, leaving 5-6 spots for trades and draftees. And possibly a similar amount the following year pulling out the crystal ball.

It almost seems like we put a 2 year plan in place the start of the year to turn our list over - with 2 year deals offered to players like LOB and Owies....who I think were both extremely fortunate, but that's another story.

Those out of contract the end of 2024 include LOB, Owies, Mirkov, Carroll, Martin, Boyd and Cottrell - who all have the chance over the next 18 months to justify their spot on a list - and there'll no doubt be others traded out during that time. Durds is also out of contract, who I'm actually a little nervous will seek to return to SA, especially with his close family ties. I'm a massive fan of his despite having a quiet year, along with most of his team mates.

Anyway, you're correct though - you can't make wholesale changes in a single year....especially when you don't have the draft picks to back it up. I can see probably around 7-8 delistings/trades from our list the end of this year - bearing in mind we need to create two spots if we want to re-sign HO'K and Cinc, leaving 5-6 spots for trades and draftees. And possibly a similar amount the following year pulling out the crystal ball.
We were pretty keen to consolidate the group that has been assembled & lessen the movements, backing the squad to improve as teams and building some cohesion.

We’ve been pretty settled without major movements or players wanting out, with players wanting to join us (aside from money) for the club, location & team environment selling points.

VFL team is finals bound at this stage…

A lot of talk about trading out a "star" player for picks but let's look at it objectively.
Who's going to pay top trade value for our "stars?"
Their ball use is shameful, work ethic is doubtful and overall output is sh..ful.

Food for thought; Docherty, Saad, Newman, Hewitt, Williams, Boyd and Cowan.

We are a team of half back flankers.
I'll leave Cowan out of it.
The others all came to the club with question marks.
Brisbane doubted Docherty's ball use. Tick.
Essendon doubted Saad's defensive game. Tick
Sydney doubted Newman's disposal. Tick
Sydney doubted Hewitt's midfield ability. Tick
Williams has always struggled stay fit. Tick
Boyd......... don't even go there. Soft.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick - BOOOOM!!!
We're stuck with a team full of half back flankers!
Don't forget that Cerra, Kennedy and Ed have also played there this year.

A lot of talk about trading out a "star" player for picks but let's look at it objectively.
Who's going to pay top trade value for our "stars?"
Their ball use is shameful, work ethic is doubtful and overall output is sh..ful.

Food for thought; Docherty, Saad, Newman, Hewitt, Williams, Boyd and Cowan.

We are a team of half back flankers.
I'll leave Cowan out of it.
The others all came to the club with question marks.
Brisbane doubted Docherty's ball use. Tick.
Essendon doubted Saad's defensive game. Tick
Sydney doubted Newman's disposal. Tick
Sydney doubted Hewitt's midfield ability. Tick
Williams has always struggled stay fit. Tick
Boyd......... don't even go there. Soft.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick - BOOOOM!!!
We're stuck with a team full of half back flankers!
Don't forget that Cerra, Kennedy and Ed have also played there this year.

There’s a bit of bs in this post.

That’s if it’s even the list. Look at how this played first half of last year compared to now, the list can play, it’s not an old list. If the football department believe Voss doesn’t have good enough assistants and that’s the reason for the drop off, then they need to pit their hand up for selecting these assistants for the last two years.

We can’t hide behind injuries as an excuse for our poor performance this year, we have had our good players available.

But if it is the list and it won’t be quick, then why would you keep players that won’t be there for the successful period?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? would u not be expecting your no 1 pick to be winning the B&F?

Because it’s a post that’s supposed to highlight that unless we get pick 1, that our drafting is poor.

When assessing a list boss, do you include picking Weitering and Walsh as doing a good job? They were both clearly the best player, they Picked themselves. The same goes with Murphy, Gibbs, as you said they’re suppose to be guns.

That’s if it’s even the list. Look at how this played first half of last year compared to now, the list can play, it’s not an old list. If the football department believe Voss doesn’t have good enough assistants and that’s the reason for the drop off, then they need to pit their hand up for selecting these assistants for the last two years.

We can’t hide behind injuries as an excuse for our poor performance this year, we have had our good players available.

But if it is the list and it won’t be quick, then why would you keep players that won’t be there for the successful period?
I keep reading people saying how good we went in the 1st half of last year, but which quality team did we beat in that time frame?

Round 1 win against Richmond, we were due and it's clear they have dropped away.

Round 2 against the dogs by 2 goals. This team is a flat track bully team and we only kicked 4 goals in the last half. The dogs kicked 2.7 in the last and I think we all expected they would run over top of us. We looked dead in the last.

Round 3 win against the Hawks. A 1 point win..... A bottom team. We were up 43 to 9 at quarter time.

Round 4 we lost to the Suns by 5 goals.

Round 5 win against Port by 3 points. 43 points up at half time, ports midfield no where near as good as this year. Again s**t the bed in the last half and we're extremely lucky to not be the laughing stock by giving up such a decent lead. We all thought we were lucky in the end.

Round 6 35 point loss to Freo. Game was over at 3 quarter time.

Round 7 a 50 point win against the Roos. Were only up by 8 points at half time against a bottom team.

Round 8 a 48 point win against the Crows, they were another bottom team.

Round 9 beat the Giants by 5 goals. Only up by 6 points at 3 quarter time.

Round 10 we beat the swans by 15 points. They kicked 1.5 in the last.

Round 11. Pies beat us by 4 points.

Look, we did what we needed to in some of those wins, but looking at it closely, we really didn't show much dominance and lost or just held on to some pretty poor clubs. The win column looks pretty good but if we really look closely, were we really a "great" club during that time?

For me, we need a mini rebuild and must clear some high priced players who are producing little and bring in some youth. Currently we sit smack bang 15th and our slow mids are only going to get slower. That's all I know

I keep reading people saying how good we went in the 1st half of last year, but which quality team did we beat in that time frame?

Round 1 win against Richmond, we were due and it's clear they have dropped away.

Round 2 against the dogs by 2 goals. This team is a flat track bully team and we only kicked 4 goals in the last half. The dogs kicked 2.7 in the last and I think we all expected they would run over top of us. We looked dead in the last.

Round 3 win against the Hawks. A 1 point win..... A bottom team. We were up 43 to 9 at quarter time.

Round 4 we lost to the Suns by 5 goals.

Round 5 win against Port by 3 points. 43 points up at half time, ports midfield no where near as good as this year. Again s**t the bed in the last half and we're extremely lucky to not be the laughing stock by giving up such a decent lead. We all thought we were lucky in the end.

Round 6 35 point loss to Freo. Game was over at 3 quarter time.

Round 7 a 50 point win against the Roos. Were only up by 8 points at half time against a bottom team.

Round 8 a 48 point win against the Crows, they were another bottom team.

Round 9 beat the Giants by 5 goals. Only up by 6 points at 3 quarter time.

Round 10 we beat the swans by 15 points. They kicked 1.5 in the last.

Round 11. Pies beat us by 4 points.

Look, we did what we needed to in some of those wins, but looking at it closely, we really didn't show much dominance and lost or just held on to some pretty poor clubs. The win column looks pretty good but if we really look closely, were we really a "great" club during that time?

For me, we need a mini rebuild and must clear some high priced players who are producing little and bring in some youth. Currently we sit smack bang 15th and our slow mids are only going to get slower. That's all I know
That’s wins against three finals sides and a 4pt loss to a top 4 side.

Ruckman who aren’t undersized please,we have 4 rucks:
pitto smart but undersized.
tdk not so smart but athletic and undersized.
Mirkov really tall but untested at afl level.
hok competitive but undersized
jsos not a ruckmans u know what. young, no.

Need a mini rebuild of the midfield. Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett. Modern game says we shouldnt have any of them
To bring dynamic, fast mids in to our mix requires removing the big bodied slow ones, you can't have it both ways.(add Doc to that list)
This sacrifice is not going to be popular, Voss won't even relegate them to the seconds when not performing.

The evidence was visible to everyone watching Sunday's VFL game. For the first time this year we transitioned the ball much more urgently through half back and midfield, and miraculously the previously 'ordinary' forwards looked dangerous.

Last edited:
Because it’s a post that’s supposed to highlight that unless we get pick 1, that our drafting is poor.

When assessing a list boss, do you include picking Weitering and Walsh as doing a good job? They were both clearly the best player, they Picked themselves. The same goes with Murphy, Gibbs, as you said they’re suppose to be guns.
Yeah, I get that, but it doesn’t do that.
I want the number 1 pick winning the B&F we’ve had plenty of them, u would be more worried if they weren’t the best player.

Have we got the right people in our coaching department that can maximise & obtain the best out of the list develop players and importantly develop a clear concise cohesive system & game plan?

l cannot see any of coaching team have been a part of a successful coaching environment?
No, a rebuild of assistant coaches, particularly midfield is a absolute must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back