2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about it mate he’s a centimetre shorter than Hopper, but needs to put on more muscle as he’s around 7kg lighter so it wouldn’t even put him out of playing a BBMF role as a ruck rover even. Probably just don’t want him to slow down too much as that’s one of his strengths for his height.
Do you see him more utility than med defender type , certainly got the qualities to work with hope we zero in on him

The Tarrant retirement timing will be interesting. If there's any chance of him recovering and getting fit. There was already one part recovery and then a relapse.
Is he a required player or have young and Miller playing well enough?
Is a tall like May a good replacement?
On the surface Tarrant retirement seems obvious but we have no idea exactly how far away he is

The Tarrant retirement timing will be interesting. If there's any chance of him recovering and getting fit. There was already one part recovery and then a relapse.
I hear May played all of his junior football as a midfielder or chb. His kicking could be a weapon.

I hear May played all of his junior football as a midfielder or chb. His kicking could be a weapon.

Although he was named in the best after playing forward.

Watched the Vic Country vs Young guns game on the weekend. The player that stood out for Young guns was Ethan Stanley from Box Hill

View attachment 1689501
Have heard that name Bob up I also believe there’s likely types at
Ess
Cats
Coll
Not to mention sanfl and wafl , so maybe our targets will be left alone unless of course we’re looking elsewhere

There is probably every chance that a couple fringe mids move on in the offseason, ross for more afl opportunities in the midfield, graham probably views himself as an inside mid rather than pressure forward, same sentiment with dow leaving the depth a bit thin
I can't see Thompson Dow leaving. His brother is playing better than him in the VFL and still cannot get any interest from another club. Graham with his Adelaide connection may leave. Given that we will lose Cotchin Jack R and Tarrant with more to come and our lack of high picks we need to go after key position players and try to keep/pinch some bargain mids.

I think young is an adequate replacement, I have doubts that taz can recapture close to his best form under the circumstances

I can't see Thompson Dow leaving. His brother is playing better than him in the VFL and still cannot get any interest from another club. Graham with his Adelaide connection may leave. Given that we will lose Cotchin Jack R and Tarrant with more to come and our lack of high picks we need to go after key position players and try to keep/pinch some bargain mids.
Dow will be delisted by Carlton and will 100% be picked up by another club.

James Trezise BOG against Geelong according to the coaches

Richmond 11.9 (75) drew with Geelong Cats 10.15 (75)
James Trezise (RIC)
8 Jye Chalcraft (GC)
5 Kade Chalcraft (GC)
5 Brad Melville (RIC)
2 Mace Cousins (GC)
1 Noah Cumberland (RIC)
Those bros at the cats have been talked up as prospects too , there’s players at most VFL sides that are targets I’m fairly confident we will get who we want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t expect he’d make top 10 pics , fairly certain he ll be there if we choose , there’s 2-3 highly rated talls there
Is mutaz rated higher?

So if no medical is requested. It means the medical condition of players in our VFL team is known?
Tresize and Mutaz the only ones who might go elsewhere?

The medicals seem useless. Why would a club ask a player to take a medical when they may not end up your club anyhow? when Everyone can see these players in action, and probably know the players' major surgeries history.
"Clubs are able to do further medicals on players if they do not appear on the list, meaning there will likely be others selected outside of the group."

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back