2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Teal back into VFL team for this weekend.

Tresize named forward with Tyler young back to vfl.
Bauer staying in the backline. Sonsie also starting back.
Matt Clarkson also playing again

Curtain raiser before Dreamtime game. So will be a big night for our vfl boys.

Teal back into VFL team for this weekend.

Tresize named forward with Tyler young back to vfl.
Bauer staying in the backline. Sonsie also starting back.
Matt Clarkson also playing again

Curtain raiser before Dreamtime game. So will be a big night for our vfl boys.
Keen to see how Tresize goes forward.

On anther note - with no McDonagh, Ross or Dow I would really like to see Sonsie play midfield. I'll be disappointed if he's hidden at half back.

Keen to see how Tresize goes forward.

On anther note - with no McDonagh, Ross or Dow I would really like to see Sonsie play midfield. I'll be disappointed if he's hidden at half back.
To me, Sonsie is a midfielder but needs to improve his defensive game. Some of his efforts in the senior side were poor which, IMO, is the reason he got dropped. So this comes down to what do we want from the VFL team?
Play Sonsie in the middle & give us a better chance of winning this VFL game or play him in a defensive role and risk losing the match but developing his skills in this area so the AFL team gets a more rounded player when he returns to the seniors?

To me, Sonsie is a midfielder but needs to improve his defensive game. Some of his efforts in the senior side were poor which, IMO, is the reason he got dropped. So this comes down to what do we want from the VFL team?
Play Sonsie in the middle & give us a better chance of winning this VFL game or play him in a defensive role and risk losing the match but developing his skills in this area so the AFL team gets a more rounded player when he returns to the seniors?
was starring last year.

You can still defend while playing midfield. He's a midfielder, play him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm torn between Teal - who I feel is the best talent available and a speculative tall.
In the end I won't be too fussed and will get behind whoever we get.
Hope we have 2 pics ,teal would need to be selected early , the others if from our VFL I reckon would be avail at r2

Still reckon we should be looking at ex-Port smartass Boyd Woodcock. Been in Southport's best 3 for 6 of 8 rounds, averaging 28 possies (including hauls of 38 and 41 in the last 3), over 3 tackles and over a goal a game. We know that he can play that pressure forward role and he's still only 23 so that would fit our age profile perfectly. Ready to start AFL player with 7-10 years in front of him if he's good enough.

I think so too , add another TALL prospect , hoping at least one comes up trumps

I disagree, we lack midfield depth. Even in our reserves the lack of midfield quality is evident

Bauer is still developing and Bradtke is only starting.

Short change Key positions do not really work and we need better transition and delivery. Far too much kick it long.

In fact the kick it long to the key has not served RFC well. Only have to look at 2017 when we where forced to change tact

I disagree, we lack midfield depth. Even in our reserves the lack of midfield quality is evident

Bauer is still developing and Bradtke is only starting.

Short change Key positions do not really work and we need better transition and delivery. Far too much kick it long.

In fact the kick it long to the key has not served RFC well. Only have to look at 2017 when we where forced to change tact

Taranto
Hopper
Cotchin
Prestia
Ross
Sonsie
Dow
Short
Bolton
Martin
Graham
Baker
Steely Green (by reports)
Kaleb Smith (at junior level)

I don't think the issue is midfield depth. I think the issue is that we try and play too many midfielders at once, and when half of them have poor games due to being played out of position or because they can't run out the game, we attribute it to a poor game in the midfield.

Much rather we look at the forward line, and find another key forward or small forward.

Taranto
Hopper
Cotchin
Prestia
Ross
Sonsie
Dow
Short
Bolton
Martin
Graham
Baker
Steely Green (by reports)
Kaleb Smith (at junior level)

I don't think the issue is midfield depth. I think the issue is that we try and play too many midfielders at once, and when half of them have poor games due to being played out of position or because they can't run out the game, we attribute it to a poor game in the midfield.

Much rather we look at the forward line, and find another key forward or small forward.
Bolton is a forward, Short is a back, Baker a forward, Smith a back, Ross a hybrid, Sonsie still growing.

That is pretty thin when Martin and Cotch go forward. Hopper and Taranto are only two players

Is there a decent KPF we can take that's ready to play ASAP? If so, then that's the one I want. If we have two spots then a small forward as well.

There are a few KPF prospects in the MSD and one should fall to our pick.

That said, I don’t think that there’s any that’s ready to play ASAP. Even a guy like Maric who is likely to go in the top 3 at this stage played with Box Hill on the weekend and looks a likely type isn’t really ready to play ASAP.

I’d have Bauer ahead of all the KPF prospects but likely in the MSD in terms of readiness to play (not necessarily as a better prospect though).

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back