Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt it. George Hewitt was already on the cusp at swans so his move and scoring in blues midfield was expected. I don't think Bowes will be a player like Hewitt.
on the other side of the coin, he didnt get a nice contract for being a spud , was good when used correctly and gelong do want to start handing over the guard to the next batch

Blues supporters, what's the deal with Setterfield?

View attachment 1586862

View attachment 1586861
I've held him in the past in Keeper leagues. When given the opportunity he can score well. Never got a fair crack at GWS and Carlton. Looking at the Essendon list, I'm not confident he'll get his fair run at it there either. Reminds me of Hately at the Crows - on paper should be in midfield rotation, but hasn't been played in position to really prove himself.

On my watch list though. A tasty POD if Scott likes him.

There is a Hawk who had a season average of 94 but averaged 100 post the bye. Could go to another level and end up a top 6 - 10 FWD. Unsure if this player has dual position but should be FWD.
Tell me moore you will, cryptic you are.

I really like the look of this lad .....2nd year worries me, however the lad looks like one that's big on improving ongoing

Marcus Windhager (StK)

$266,200, Fwd-Mid
2022 average: 48
Predicted average 2023: 80

It was an impressive 2022 for the young Saint, who played 18 games in his debut season, finishing the year as the club’s tagger in the midfield.

The extra responsibility resulted in Windhager tallying 17 disposals or more in three of the final five matches.

But it wasn’t the numbers that stood out the most.

Stationed around the ball, Windhager showed off his strength – often taking possession ahead of a more experienced opponent – and clean hands at ground level.

Some of his numbers were pretty good, however.

In Round 21 against the Lions, while restricting Lachie Neale to 16 disposals, the teenager tallied 21 disposals, eight contested possessions, seven marks and five clearances of his own.

Before that, when he was dropped back to the VFL, Windhager dominated the Bombers, finishing with 155 KFC SuperCoach points, on the back of 32 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 12 clearances, eight tackles and two goals.

Windhager kicked off the 2023 pre-season with a 2km time trial win and he’s continued to impress the new coaching group over summer.

Phantom’s Verdict: Another cheap, dual-position forward who is likely to score well above his price tag with an increased role. How many can you fit in, though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy NY to all - hope you all are refreshed and ready for another SC season.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I can't believe the lack of respect for midpricers :mad:

Didn't last year teach you anything?
The midpricers madness route is the only way to go :p

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many midpricers each supercoach is willing to have in their team.
For me, obviously the more the better!

So who do we have so far?
Who are the must have players in the $200K to $500K range? $550K for mids?

Locked: Hopper, McLean
Possibles: Green, Warner, Titch, LDU, Cameron, Bowes, Coffield
Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, TThomas and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?

I wouldn't say Cunnington is injury prone... recovering from testicular cancer is not really an injury.

Can Jack Bowes play guts at Geelong and somewhat emulate George Hewett’s scoring when he arrived at Carlton ?

He can if he gets enough midfield minutes. Watch the PS games to see where we play him. Role is the key-if hes a back pocket no go, if hes wing/inside mid then i pick him.

I really like the look of this lad .....2nd year worries me, however the lad looks like one that's big on improving ongoing

Marcus Windhager (StK)

$266,200, Fwd-Mid
2022 average: 48
Predicted average 2023: 80

It was an impressive 2022 for the young Saint, who played 18 games in his debut season, finishing the year as the club’s tagger in the midfield.

The extra responsibility resulted in Windhager tallying 17 disposals or more in three of the final five matches.

But it wasn’t the numbers that stood out the most.

Stationed around the ball, Windhager showed off his strength – often taking possession ahead of a more experienced opponent – and clean hands at ground level.

Some of his numbers were pretty good, however.

In Round 21 against the Lions, while restricting Lachie Neale to 16 disposals, the teenager tallied 21 disposals, eight contested possessions, seven marks and five clearances of his own.

Before that, when he was dropped back to the VFL, Windhager dominated the Bombers, finishing with 155 KFC SuperCoach points, on the back of 32 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 12 clearances, eight tackles and two goals.

Windhager kicked off the 2023 pre-season with a 2km time trial win and he’s continued to impress the new coaching group over summer.

Phantom’s Verdict: Another cheap, dual-position forward who is likely to score well above his price tag with an increased role. How many can you fit in, though
in my team. hes one saint im really looking forward to watch this year and his upside is enormous imo . will become one of the top tier players in league in years to come.

View attachment 1588650

Flanders versus Ashcroft .....who gets the better role in 2023
The whole Suns board is building the hype around Flanders, don't go there for any useful info :moustache: needless to say he's training the house down.

EDIT: posted 5 minutes ago lol

Young guns ‘raising the floor’ in pre-season​

“Working with the midfield I’m a bit biased but Sammy Flanders has come back in ripping nick. He ran a PB and is dominating training,” King continued.

“He’s almost now taking the next step into progressing into a young leader at the club.
“I’ve also been really impressed with Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson. Both highly touted, Rowelly has had a bit of an injury-interrupted career to date, but his pre-season has been exceptional.

“The way he’s training, I think he’s going to take another step forward.

“Noah, being the young leader he is, the way he controls the club already is impressive.

“We want to try help guys like Touk (Miller) and Dave Swallow to share the load a bit. Those guys played such an important part in their own development to establish themselves as regular AFL players and then that inner belief that you belong and can impact games.”
s.”
www.goldcoastfc.com.au

Young guns ‘raising the floor’ in pre-season

Young midfield trio Sam Flanders, Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson are among a long list of players impressing SUNS coaches on their return to pre-season training.
www.goldcoastfc.com.au

The whole Suns board is building the hype around Flanders, don't go there for any useful info :moustache: needless to say he's training the house down.
All five of them 🤣

This is not a drill. Tarryn Thomas was playing half back in todays match sim.
You jinxed him

Charged by police for threatening to distribute an intimate image (and driving while disqualified)

Absolute flog act. Glad I can remove him from my shortlist though, he was probably in the too 5 players not currently in my team that I was strongly considering.

Absolute flog act. Glad I can remove him from my shortlist though, he was probably in the too 5 players not currently in my team that I was strongly considering.
Completely OT, but you just reminded me I still have a "Best of R. Kelly" cd in my collection. Getting off my purple couch to throw that shite in the bin.

Apologies for the interruption. Please carry on

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back