Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

You jinxed him

Charged by police for threatening to distribute an intimate image (and driving while disqualified)

After all my initial abundance of caution about selecting him too.

I've decided to rejig my goals this year, aiming for top 100,000, which gives me the freedom to go all Midprice nutso.
Going to fit every midpricer and sub free rookie I can and dump the spuds in the first 2 rounds.

1674190736394.png

It'll be fun if I just have the balls to follow it thru.

Should get a headstart on the 17 rucks we'll need this year as well.

My approach will be the same as it always is

I will start all of the injury prone fallen primos and all of the other cut price bargain buys that are available

Then after a couple of rounds I’ll trade some of them down to the rookies I missed and others up to the primos I should have taken ~

My approach will be the same as it always is

I will start all of the injury prone fallen primos and all of the other cut price bargain buys that are available

Then after a couple of rounds I’ll trade some of them down to the rookies I missed and others up to the primos I should have taken ~
So, are you taking Cunnington ?

With him being announced as part of NORTH's leadership group, does that tell us how the Coach's are thinking about his upcoming year ? ......I'm torn, Fyfe v Cunnnington

With him being announced as part of NORTH's leadership group, does that tell us how the Coach's are thinking about his upcoming year ? ......I'm torn, Fyfe v Cunnnington
cunners guaranteed to be playing mid.

fyfe almost guaranteed to be playing in an unfavourable fwd position.

easy pick for me really.

cunners guaranteed to be playing mid.

fyfe almost guaranteed to be playing in an unfavourable fwd position.

easy pick for me really.
My thinking as well

I’ve got them both in my team at the moment (which admittedly is quite dementedly mid priced)

I guess I’m expecting a couple of the injury prone fallen primo types will pick up injuries between now and the start of the season which might make my decision for me

Probably leaning to Cunnington over Fyfe if I’m only picking one

Cunnington was out with testicular cancer seems a bit less of a risk than Fyfe with a knocked up body and frequent football related injuries

Plus Cunnington will play inside mid whereas Fyfe maybe more forward right?

But, yeah, both in my side right at the moment

What’s the go with Hunter Clark?

Cruelled by injury and now ready to explode? Just not much good? Too many other options in that price bracket?
Definitely had it rough with injuries, and I think it’s going to prevent him from ever being a seriously good player. I don’t think he’ll ever be truly SC relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele vs Miller vs Macrae

Steele is value - but, he has had an interrupted pre-season
Miller - not a value pick, and early bye
Macrae - too many WBDs with Bont (Mclean & possibly Bruce) already?

Steele vs Miller vs Macrae

Steele is value - but, he has had an interrupted pre-season
Miller - not a value pick, and early bye
Macrae - too many WBDs with Bont (Mclean & possibly Bruce) already?
You're in the wrong thread mate, but the answer is Macrae.

Happy NY to all - hope you all are refreshed and ready for another SC season.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I can't believe the lack of respect for midpricers :mad:

Didn't last year teach you anything?
The midpricers madness route is the only way to go :p

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how many midpricers each supercoach is willing to have in their team.
For me, obviously the more the better!

So who do we have so far?
Who are the must have players in the $200K to $500K range? $550K for mids?

Locked: Hopper, McLean
Possibles: Green, Warner, Titch, LDU, Cameron, Bowes, Coffield
Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, TThomas and Fyfe?

Who have I missed?
Time for a revisit and see who we can add here

Possibles: HClark, Green, Warner, Titch, LDU, Cameron, Bowes, Coffield, Sheed, Salem, Worpel, CMac

Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, Milera, TThomas and Fyfe?

That’s about it right - have I missed anyone?

Last edited:
Liam Jones anyone??

Loves intercept marking and will feast back at the Dogs with their current backline.

228k and will peak at around 400k+. 👍

Liam Jones anyone??

Loves intercept marking and will feast back at the Dogs with their current backline.

228k and will peak at around 400k+. 👍
During his best days at Carlton he was only averaging 70-75 with wildly inconsistent scores. I’d argue life is tougher at the Dogs without a quality partner like Weitering and can’t see him getting near 400k

During his best days at Carlton he was only averaging 70-75 with wildly inconsistent scores. I’d argue life is tougher at the Dogs without a quality partner like Weitering and can’t see him getting near 400k
Depends how much value you put on a player in his price range playing every game barring injury.

Rookie defenders and scoring/job security has been terrible lately.

Time for a revisit and see who we can add here

Possibles: Green, Warner, Titch, LDU, Cameron, Bowes, Coffield, Sheed, Salem, Worpel, CMac

Injury prone: Yeo, Allen, Cunnington, Milera, TThomas and Fyfe?

That’s about it right - have I missed anyone?
Wouldn't consider Allen injury prone.

The bold ones aren't mid-pricers.

TalkativeNaturalBorer-max-1mb.gif

Tarryn Thomas took kick ins today in a 4 x 15 min qtr match sim playing off hack back. Very Burgoyne esque at times.

Cunnington played most of the match in the middle in a midfield of LDU, Simpkin with Phillips as the fourth mid, who then changed sides at half time.

LDU was imperious.

Simpson Dictionary.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy 2023 Midpricers Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back