Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Firrito may not be an AFL legend but he's a legend at NMFC as far as I'm concerned and that's more important.
Not many players have reached the legend status of Michael Tuck. Firrito epitomises the type of heart and soul player that our club is all about. That is super important IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Freijah, Hastie or Zakostelsky.

From a needs point of view, I do think we should look at drafting another small forward, and I think Charleson is probably the best one of those who is a chance to be there.

Is there anyone that you think is worth picking up from a KP forward perspective.
Would you trade up for instance to get A.Reid?

It feels like the most glaring hole in the list, particularly if Comben goes back, but at the same time I don't think there's any point in taking a forward just for forwards sake.

Wil Dawson's metal mouth.

Adore Paula Deen GIF

I want him
Wouldn't be against him, Mannagh or Koen Sanchez for the small forward or we go key forward with Finbar Maley. Tantalizing 4 youngsters left who I would like, in Angus Hastie {very underrated defender} took out Nate Caddy in Metro vs Country clash, Joel Freijah a winger, gee I think he's going to be a good player, I liken him to Josh Kennedy from the swans but he is still raw for a midfielder, while he's a winger, as he puts on some muscle, I feel he could go into the middle and be very damaging. Zane Zakostelsky a very raw key defender who I could see as a key forward as well. His effort in the Colts grand-final was very, very good, BOG and only having just taken up football, playing as an undersized ruck was outstanding, his skills can be worked on in a professional environment and he is very athletic for a player his size. A big shout out to my last player, a Westies lad, Will Patton, I see a lot of posters on other clubs boards saying 3rd tall, not a key defender, I don't see it that way, to many people think if your not 195 plus, that it is all over, goodness me, this young man can play, he knows how to play the defensive role to a tee, and at 192 he's a nice height to go with that left foot. In the game South Australia vs Vic Country when Harley was in the square Will beat him and held his own. Did his shoulder in the year and at the moment has it in a sling, of coarse he can play as a 3rd tall but if a club took him on, key defensive roll awaits with a few years in the system, also has leadership qualities. We were taking 5 selections but things change, if they don't, a rookie spot awaits.

Last edited:
Not many players have reached the legend status of Michael Tuck. Firrito epitomises the type of heart and soul player that our club is all about. That is super important IMO.
I definitely wouldn't categorise Firrito as a club legend (the term is used far too loosely in the media especially) but he was a tremendous servant who had a good career playing in multiple positions as and when required by the club. The jumper presentation was recognition from the club to him more than it was for Duursma.

It’s incredible how quickly Harry and and George have assumed faces of the club status. The impact Harry in particular is having on this club in such a short time is staggering to be honest.

Harry in particular will be a face of the league soon enough mate.

The talent, intelligence, likability and work ethic are a marketer’s wet dream.

I definitely wouldn't categorise Firrito as a club legend (the term is used far too loosely in the media especially) but he was a tremendous servant who had a good career playing in multiple positions as and when required by the club. The jumper presentation was recognition from the club to him more than it was for Duursma.

He's not a legend of the club given that we have a category within our Hall of fame for that specific title. Spud isn't in our Hall of fame.

But what he is, is someone who would lay down in traffic for the club. who got everything of anything out of himself.

The Whorks douche canoe looking to win internet points by taking shots at a bloke he would never be able to emulate and shots at our club because we're viewed as an easy mark.

If all our draftees have Spuds determination they I have little doubt they will win us flags.

What's the Michael Tuck comment based on? Did a North supporter actually make a comment?

I like Michael Tuck thought it was a good choice fwiw.

The Hawthorn racist virgins were making fun of fact we had Spud give Duursma his jumper and they had Tuck present Watson his.

A North supporter said Watson would have to get his grandfather to explain who Tuck is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back