Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn racist virgins were making fun of fact we had Spud give Duursma his jumper and they had Tuck present Watson his.

A North supporter said Watson would have to get his grandfather to explain who Tuck is.
For me tucks off limits for banter. His son passing away must have been horrible.

For me tucks off limits for banter. His son passing away must have been horrible.
And he deserves to be respected for his place in the history of the game.

View attachment 1857766

Free hit for photoshoppers.

Surprised Meme GIF

We stuffed up our picks was the talk around the water cooler today - ppl trying to tell me we should of taken curtains at 3
Had to tell them about the time aints went for need and took mccartin at 1 instead of petracca.

They were like

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

We stuffed up our picks was the talk around the water cooler today - ppl trying to tell me we should of taken curtains at 3
Had to tell them about the time aints went for need and took mccartin at 1 instead of petracca.

They were like

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Taking McKercher and Curtin would have basically given us McCartin too so couldn't do that

Last edited:
The banter there doesn’t sound it was at or about Tuck, it was about the Hawks supporters .

Is there anyone that you think is worth picking up from a KP forward perspective.
Would you trade up for instance to get A.Reid?

It feels like the most glaring hole in the list, particularly if Comben goes back, but at the same time I don't think there's any point in taking a forward just for forwards sake.

I fear any of the key forward prospects left such as Reid and even Morris won't make it and so I'd rather use a selection on another player who I consider to have a higher floor and ceiling.

Any suggestions for 48? We covered a lot of needs with our 1st 5.

Trade down for a tall forward like Reid?

My tip is unless it is a huge slider it will be somebody they love but nobody here has considered.

I'd love Freijah, Hastie or Zakostelsky.

From a needs point of view, I do think we should look at drafting another small forward, and I think Charleson is probably the best one of those who is a chance to be there.
What about Tom Anastasopoulos or Cooper Simpson?

Any suggestions for 48? We covered a lot of needs with our 1st 5.

Trade down for a tall forward like Reid?

I'd be really happy with another powerful runner with some upside like Joel Freijah or Clay Hall. Then I'd be equally happy with another damaging half back in the mould of Schoenmaker, Hastie or Jiath.

Logan Morris or Archer Reid would make sense from a list balance point of view, but there are big question marks on the two of them for a variety of reasons.

I know it's not a priority but I also think a tough inside ball winner like McCauliffe or Stevens would offer up some serious value at our pick too.

We are going to have a lot of solid options!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just annoying discussing with the WCE draft board, and it made me realise just how glad I am that we didn't trade up for Reid. When I think about the fact that we were choosing between Reid or McKercher + Goad + Dawson/Hardeman, I can't believe we were ever even considering the former, or that they rejected it. I only posted once, and I thought it was a pretty friendly message, but I seem to have struck a nerve. I reckon the Weagles fans might agree unconsciously, but be practising a bit of denial atm..

Good to see Eagles fans haven’t changed their tune when it comes to trading the first pick tonight. From the same people who brought you ‘pick one for 2,3, and three late firsts’ we now have ‘pick 30 for a future first and a low 30s pick’.
Their jealousy of us last night was like two siblings at Xmas - one (WCE) has a massive present under the tree and the other (NMFC) has two very nice sized and three slightly smaller presents under the tree.

The first sibling opens their big present and they go all 'swag' in the living room, parading their new toy around and pushing it onto to anyone that will listen.. that's all great until... they sit back and watch the second sibling open the first, then the second, then the third, then the fourth and finally the fifth presents, all of which are pretty cool toys..

By then the swag has turned into rage and self-entitlement because they now want five cool toys not one..

Sucked in Wet Toast lol!

Last edited:
id look at going pick 48 and future 3rd for a pick 30-35

and if that doesn't happen just take pick 48 on the best key forward or small forward to fill one of our last 2 spots

then the last spot filled with rookie pick 2 on the other position
I don't think any of those teams move back in that range. Tigers won't for sure. Cats prob want Hastie or Stevens.
Lions pick 42 for 48 and F4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back