Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

His afl.com.au interview after he was drafted was ******* garbage

Said he’s not a footy head, couldn’t name a crows player he was excited to meet - cal asked him about his positioning and learning to play midfield from Dawson as that tall half back transitioning into the middle and he said he just wants to go and play his way and become his own player.

Odd campaigner

A touch of the Polecs about the bloke.

Good to see Eagles fans haven’t changed their tune when it comes to trading the first pick tonight. From the same people who brought you ‘pick one for 2,3, and three late firsts’ we now have ‘pick 30 for a future first and a low 30s pick’.
And they are a big club don't forget that. Huge. Enormous. So impressive.
Biggest bunch of flogs of supporters. They are full blown cringe

Yeah, who is that Mick Ablett guy? Never met him or heard of him, but he seemed like a bit of a simpleton on the coverage last night.

We literally drafted him in 2000. Was delisted a year later and he went on to become the AFL's national talent manager.

And they are a big club don't forget that. Huge. Enormous. So impressive.
Biggest bunch of flogs of supporters. They are full blown cringe
Apologies if already posted, but this was pretty awkward, posted on their socials yesterday. The position of the sign indicating Harley is leaving WA.
1700534207382.png

I get that this is supposed to be a joke at our expense, but I honestly don't understand what the joke is. What is the point they are trying to make?

Rent free in their heads.

Have a read of their draft thread over the last week. Last night when we bid on McCabe especially. It’s pretty funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They release old grand finals on DVD... sort of ruins the premise of the 'joke'.
I think the point regarding Tuck would be that it might've been better to get a more recent player to present it (as in someone he'd know) they have a lot of champion, household names to choose from as well..
We saw with Blight and JHF how awkward it is when the player receiving the jumper has NFI who the old man presenting the jumper is.

What's the Michael Tuck comment based on? Did a North supporter actually make a comment?

I like Michael Tuck thought it was a good choice fwiw.
I doubt it - the Hawthorn posters on the MB seem to blame North Melbourne for them having a racist president and treating their four time premiership coach like absolute ****.

What's the Michael Tuck comment based on? Did a North supporter actually make a comment?

I like Michael Tuck thought it was a good choice fwiw.

I saw somebody on the trade forum make a comment based on another poster (that may have been a Hawk poster) having a go that we had Spud there. If this tweet was based on that exchange then this poster must just be angry they can't piss over their own balls.

We were also copping a lot of grief around the traps yesterday for how we helped ruined the draft having five first rounders even though not one of our picks was a priority pick and even if Essendon overpaid the compo for McKay would still be end of first round. We used our first, the compo, Ports first, Carltons first and Brisbane's first.

It's interesting how Thursfield's philosophy is the complete opposite of Luff.

Thursfield is all about the upside with Hansen Jr, Duursma, Goad and Dawson.

Certainly with tall talent they are very hard to pick based on performances in under 18s. Very easy to get sucked in by guys like Grainger-Barrass meanwhile Harris Andrews and Nick Larkey become guns as low picks.

I do like how Goad is a recent basketball convert and Dawson is young with a recent growth spurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back