Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just not sure who we would be targeting at 12, maybe Wilson, Tholstrub, Windsor?

Seems like a strange move considering no one really fills a huge need in that range.

Wilson doesn't fill a need, but I think Clarkson's shown that he wants more run in the side.

Maybe after Stephens, Fisher and McKercher he is done, but Wilson is arguably the best runner in the draft.

Thought i'd go and check out what other crazy, farfetched ideas your mob have.
Even as a Essendon fan, we’re the biggest Nuffies on this platform. I remember seeing comments about trying to trade up to your pick 3 to get Duursma and we’d only offer pick 9 and a future second rounder, in the faith we overpaid McKay in salary to get you the pick.

hahahah why posting on North draft board.
Osita Iheme Reaction GIF by GrowthX

Essendon #9 is the one for me. Twomey basically stating that Windsor is a lock for top 10. This pushes COS back as Geelong will most likely take Caddy with their pick, especially if Melbourne have taken Curtin with their first.
Dodo has asked for picks 2 & 3 for 9.

Only if Brady has a time machine.
The deals would have to get done before West Toast have to use pick #1 and there doesnt seem to be enough time for that unless clubs have a verbal agreement by maybe saying "WC trade out pick1 and 25 to North for Picks 2, 15,17, and 18 prior to WC pick #1 selection on draft night then WC on trade 17 and 18 to the Swans for pick 12 leaving

WC with 2,12,and 15
North with 1,3 and 25
and Swans with 17 and 18 and maybe some later picks or Future late picks...

l'm not sure l like it or hate it but its the only way l can see it happening...Once those first 3 picks are done then there is time for other trades to be done on draft night..

Curtin sounds like someone you’ll meet in Pai in Thailand who smokes weed and does mushrooms all day and then talks absolute smack to you hours on end. “Yeahhhhh mannnnn sooo likeeee”
Don't get me started on Pai. While staying in the nearby cave exploring area I was bitten by a gibbon and my arm swelled up like I was Popeye.

Don't get me started on Pai. While staying in the nearby cave exploring area I was bitten by a gibbon and my arm swelled up like I was Popeye.
I love Pai. But on the mini van ride from Chiang Mai I thought I was going to die at least 32 times. Fortunately I managed to avoid the local gibbons.
Sorry to digress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne has interest in trading picks 17 and 18 for Sydney's pick 12

per Sydney GM of List Strategy and Recruitment Kinnear Beatson on Gettable
Seems like we are trying real hard to get rid of one of our 1st rounders?
I’m guessing we only want to take 4 players, or we are set on using pick 57 for a player we have earmarked like Will Dawson for instance? Don’t know if he gets to 57 though?

Or we are targeting a specific player at 12? But who?

Working from home today and spent a bit of time looking at some footage of draft hopefuls and who I'd personally take with our teen picks. From the footage I can see and without knowing anything about them as people, I've settled on Edwards (over goad and green as a ruck, his leap sure hands and ability to hit the scoreboard I think sets him apart), Collard, and Murphy as a Key defende More "gut feels" from readily available footage. All debatable and others no doubt have differing opinions, BUT more interesting perhaps, I had a look at some talls to see if we could possibly use our 3rd rounder and or rookie picks.

Seems like quite a few ruck who could develop. But was a couple of key forwards that caught my eye a little that I haven't heard of. Not sure if that means I just haven't been paying attention, but wonder what their draft prospects are like from those who know a bit more? Possible range and if they are a possibility at our 3rd rounder and tempt us to use it, or possible rookie draft options.

Liam Fawcett
Riley Weatherill

or is it possible Zakostelsky is still on the board at our 3rd rounder....surely we'd look at him if so.

appreciate any thoughts for those who know a bit more about them or other potential smokies.

Working from home today and spent a bit of time looking at some footage of draft hopefuls and who I'd personally take with our teen picks. From the footage I can see and without knowing anything about them as people, I've settled on Edwards (over goad and green as a ruck, his leap sure hands and ability to hit the scoreboard I think sets him apart), Collard, and Murphy as a Key defende More "gut feels" from readily available footage. All debatable and others no doubt have differing opinions, BUT more interesting perhaps, I had a look at some talls to see if we could possibly use our 3rd rounder and or rookie picks.

Seems like quite a few ruck who could develop. But was a couple of key forwards that caught my eye a little that I haven't heard of. Not sure if that means I just haven't been paying attention, but wonder what their draft prospects are like from those who know a bit more? Possible range and if they are a possibility at our 3rd rounder and tempt us to use it, or possible rookie draft options.

Liam Fawcett
Riley Weatherill

or is it possible Zakostelsky is still on the board at our 3rd rounder....surely we'd look at him if so.

appreciate any thoughts for those who know a bit more about them or other potential smokies.
Liam Fawcett = The Farrah

Last edited:
Seems like we are trying real hard to get rid of one of our 1st rounders?
I’m guessing we only want to take 4 players, or we are set on using pick 57 for a player we have earmarked like Will Dawson for instance? Don’t know if he gets to 57 though?

Or we are targeting a specific player at 12? But who?
12 and 45 for 17 and 18
Then 45 and 57 for a pick 24 of Gold Coast and we won’t bid

Then use 2/3/12/15/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back