Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as it’s a routine it shouldn’t be an issue. The flipping of the ball I mean. Leaning back isn’t great though but plenty do it especially close to goals.
Uh huh.
Why not add a pirouette and an armpit fart.
As long as it's a routine it shouldn't be an issue.

Glad he's nailing them in preseason, better news than him missing them at least.

Ross and Windhager not looking like starting?

Surely Bytel gets a run.

Exciting for the young man, always a thrill to be selected for the first game of the year.

If he gets double digit contested possessions ( and he's done it before ) he's probably back the following week.
Just keep doing it jack.

Fq2Hs0GaMAAU6wc

If the start to the year is poor I want full tank mode. No pointless second half resurgences like we had in 2021 to get us to mid table, go down properly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bad habit, if he's missing goals why wouldn't you expect the coaching staff to eliminate it?

It's the battle of two fashions that try to get the same result.

The sports psych says that you need to get into a zen state and go through the process in autopilot to take neurotic tendencies out of it. Doing what you've always done gives the best chance at that.

The biomechanics guys say learn and perfect a technique and process that means that you still your mind into a zen state and go into autopilot.

I think team systems work the same way. You take a lot of variables away by having an inflexible set of rules to follow. You lose some creativity and individual brilliance but you get consistency and give yourself more chances. Geelong were the same, took a long time but they kept going to the well and eventually broke through.

It's a bad habit, if he's missing goals why wouldn't you expect the coaching staff to eliminate it?
Because its functionally irrelevant to his accuracy. Josh Kennedy kicked 723 goals to 393 behinds with a silly ass runup. Its the last steps and ball drop motion that is the important aspect. Getting into his own head and leaning back from the kick is what ****s him up, not a systematic rotating of the ball that always comes back to laces out anyway.

Because its functionally irrelevant to his accuracy. Josh Kennedy kicked 723 goals to 393 behinds with a silly ass runup. Its the last steps and ball drop motion that is the important aspect. Getting into his own head and leaning back from the kick is what *s him up, not a systematic rotating of the ball that always comes back to laces out anyway.
This gives me deja vu all over again.

Last edited:
Because its functionally irrelevant to his accuracy. Josh Kennedy kicked 723 goals to 393 behinds with a silly ass runup. Its the last steps and ball drop motion that is the important aspect. Getting into his own head and leaning back from the kick is what *s him up, not a systematic rotating of the ball that always comes back to laces out anyway.

I was a bit of a ball spinner and it does take your mind off the kick because you are concentrating on slowing breathing and composing yourself at the same time. It's not functional but when you have a good or a bad day often it's more about finding yourself in the zone more than pure technique. I can see both sides but we just need him to find something that works.

I was a bit of a ball spinner and it does take your mind off things you are concentrating on slowing breathing and composing yourself at the same time. It's not functional but when you have a good or a bad day often it's more about finding yourself in the zone more than pure technique. I can see both sides but we just need him to find something that works.
We are talking about football here gringo2011 just so you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back