Preview 2023 Rd 11 Carlton vs Sydney Friday May 26 7:50PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in:-

IN:
Tom De Koning, Brodie Kemp
OUT: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated to the starting 22.

Backs:Sam DochertyJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Matthew KennedyHarry McKayTom De Koning
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowLachie FogartyJack Silvagni
Lewis Young

Last edited:
Lewis Young definitely played better than Gov.

Obviously our midfield killing it so no changes required there. :rolleyes:

Rapt for Kemp and TDK.

Last edited:
I’ve posted previously- that I don’t think Voss is that bright - not a dim bulb by any means - but crickey, the lead coach of a big club in particular- needs to be at the top of his game in all facets.
He is coaching for his life - and doesn’t think Dow (or Binns for that matter deserve a go )
Just don’t get it
:thumbsu:

Can’t complain with team selection, Kemp provides more run from defence than Young and better skills, TDK for Jack was obvious, disappointed Binns wasn’t given a game but don’t think it hurts us. Ed’s time has come I am just glad Voss has finally seen it.
Ed will be sub. Same as last week. Voss just rotating Hewett and Ed.

Dow not even an emergency anymore... Its over for him at Carlton.

Hope he smashes it at his new home next year.

I wonder if JSOS will look around also
JSOS wouldn't play for any other team other than maybe north or west coast. So incredibly limited.

Dow is the biggest joke. Hope he goes on to kill it elsewhere. There is no way his defensive game could be any worse that the rest of our horribly out of form/ emotionally desolate team. Did he run over Crazy Vossy's dog?

I would really like to know the real reason why Dow can't even make it to the emergency list when Fogarty, with his complete lack of foot skills, does. Does anyone know the truth?
No inside info but I assume it's just that his papers have been stamped. We've been here many times before, Dow killing it in the 2s and finally gets his chance in the 1s - its a disaster every time.

Although he might have a slightly greater claim this year considering the entire midfield bar Cerra has been a disaster too lol

Who replaces Gov?

I wanted him dropped too, but then again I also wanted Young dropped. I reckon Voss went with Young because he's fed up. 3 weeks in a row he's been terrible.
Take your pick.

Bring in TDK and kemp to play defence and drop young and gov.

Send JSOS back.

Bring in Plowman (say what you will but he never squibs it)

Cowan

Had a chance to make a statement amd they let him off the hook.

There are some things that just need to be unacceptable and not negotiable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss clearly has something against Dow. It's pretty embarrassing he can't even make it as a sub but we're still persisting with Ed Curnow.
:100:. Appears to be very personal. IMO, doesn't paint Voss in a favourable light. At all. If Paddy's persona non grata, then part ways. Let Dow apply for mid season draft.
Does anyone, with club/player intel, know if Dow's also on the outer with Blues teammates? Or is it just with Voss?

Take your pick.

Send JSOS back.

Cowan

If TDK is played back it would prove Voss has no idea.

I wouldnt mind if he did, but given it’s never happened previously why now.

He w
I would really like to know the real reason why Dow can't even make it to the emergency list when Fogarty, with his complete lack of foot skills, does. Does anyone know the truth?
He was the one wrestling cunners when he hurt his shoulder

Forward line is fundamentally broken. Surely having TDK resting up there can't hurt.

JSOS offering little has a forward, and we get killed any time he go near the ruck. His first stint in the ruck vs pies was diabolical.

TDK just needed to turn up and smile in the 2's to get back in.
His wayward goalkicking doesn't help. Even if he takes a mark or gets a fee inside f50, there's a good chance he'll miss.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I’m Dow I’m not playing anymore for the jumper… he’ll have his pursuers and prob already has a fair idea who wants him.. why risk injury and missing out on a new contract.
Just keep doing what he’s been doing, and if he gets onto another list next year and does well, he can then shove it up those who stood in his way…
I hope that’s the case…

What a horrible club to let dow rot in the vfl .. should have let him go last year if your never going to play him… we talk about mental health .. he must be one strong mofo I swear and could there be a clause in his contract that permits him playing .. I just don’t get it

Take your pick.

Send JSOS back.

Cowan

Your pic, gold. Watching Mr Inbetween now, best Aussie show ever. Love his character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back