Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy, Cerra, Harry all good. Cincotta too.

Effort and pressure mostly good.

Kemp did some good things but still has loose defensive moments.

Dow was adequate. Not our best, not our worst.

McGovern a lottery. A bit like Jones used to be, but with worse odds.

Walsh and Cottrell an off night.

Small forwards poor.

Forward connection still terrible.

Can someone tell me what we've changed or try to change over the past 6 weeks?

I've had to watch the same old putrid crap over and over again and nothing changes.

Fremantle pulled the pin on their shit game plan weeks ago and just beat this mob away from home. What the hell is our excuse? Pathetic.

Someone make the ****en call over their already and CHANGE SOMETHING. Disgrace.

I’ve asked this question a lot but no one’s been able to answer it.

I went to the dogs game last year and at half time I’ve never been so pumped.Scoring was high our forwards were on fire game plan was awesome.

Personal is relatively the same.Injuries up to know have been ok.
So please answer this question for me.

WTF has happened with us this year?????????
Voss decided late last year he wanted to tighten the defence. Started slowing olay down. Worked pretty well for the most part agains Pies and Demons. Came into this year speaking about Comtested ball and defensive actions. To slow the play down he’s playing short and wide and slow and then long down the line. Makes us hard to score against until we screw it up. But at the same time makes it impossible for us to score. His game plan is terrible and he doesn’t change it. He def told them to go quicker in H2 but they don’t train it and we can’t just flick the switch into a mode we don’t train. They don’t know how to do it. Their confidence is shot to bits. They look defeated when we are only a bit down and even today when we got within 11 there was little energy and belief.

As much as I don't want to go through the whole sacking a coach again, and I think the blame is more on the players....
but if we lose the next two that will be 9 from 10, it would almost be untenable.

Exactly my thoughts, you need serious credits in the bank to survive that, or going through a ground zero rebuild.

Can we get a tackling coach? How horrible are we at tackling. Every single week we tackle so poorly the opposition regularly gets a handball off to a teammate when it should result in a stoppage. Just unacceptable.
Last time we were decent at tackling was when the Storm shared our facility.

So how about those impactful 'ins'....
LOB, zero impact, zero use, headless chook
JSOS, not a ruckman, so why play him, so he gets injured??
Cincotta, must stay, play every game we have one
Fisher, absolute zero impact, use, pressure, stamp his papers, gone
Young, better, marginally though, did better in the ruck...
Dow, 9 possessions in 50% game time for a half equals somewhere around 40 for a full game.....

Now how about the potential alternatives
Binns
O'Keefe
Cowan
Marchbank

By the way how good is Kemp?

34% GT and managed to beat Walsh and Cripps for metres gained. Not sure why you would lie about stats to take shots at fringe player.

In's won't make any difference while the "stars" are playing like ass anyway.

This isn't the 1980s. It's a team defence.

Fritsch took a mark in the square with 3 Carlton players on him. Not one killed the contest. But yeah pot the kid that turned up.

Players talk on the ground and hand over assignments etc. Really stiff to lay that all on Kemp.

I'd be more worried about the defensive positioning and play of McGovern and for that matter Young before Kemp.

Kemp had a pretty good game but so did Fritsch. No shame in admitting they played on each other mostly.

Fritsch is a good player and the pressure of so many repeat entries is going to mean he gets on the end of a few. No disrespect to Kemp who was good.

Cincotta likewise was very good on Pickett but had a few moments where he got beaten.

Tough night for our back men but they did really well to hold back the flood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps had 2 possessions in the last. 0 kicks and 2 handballs. Let that sink in...
He really has gone backwards from last season. Always looks reluctant to kick the ball, wonder if he is carrying an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Back