Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not one for changing coaches every 2-3 years like we’ve been doing but the last 5 weeks have been horrible with no game change style at all of course some onus is on the players but gee the coaches need to take some major responsibility here.

It can’t keep going on like this

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sayers appointed Voss and we are in this dilemma, he should have some integrity and step down....monumental error on his behalf....we are cooked any which way you look at it.....this club once again is in complete and utter shambles....Us as supporters have to endure more and more pain for stupid descision made by Sayers. He hires a coach with a pathetic coaching record... We should have seen the writing on the wall missing out on finals last year!!!

Probably. He's had the kiss of death in support from the board. So he's probably toast.
Honestly,
If he goes and we get Hinkley or unlikely, but Hardwick...just a tLented coach who wants to play
exciting modern footy
And can attract good assistants.
Bring it on.
We have to keep getting players in and cull, but mainly we need to bring out the best in our good players and emerging talent. We are squandering everything right now and running our club into the ground.

Didn’t say he wouldn’t be a star. Just he’s such a nice mark and should play forward. He could be a real weapon up there.

He gets lost in defence. If you watch the replays and slow the game down and watch individual contests.. he loses his man far too often. He’s not a natural defender. When he’s in a contest he can take a good clunk hence why I think he should play forward.

Agree he needs to play out the rest of the season. He’s a huge talent.
Agree he should take Jsos spot in forward line. With his aerial ability, agility and from what I’ve seen has a pretty good set shot feel like he could be more damaging there. Jsos to be reinvented as a defender?

it’s the same troops, they are just older… maybe it’s the troops.
Teague tried the Pies style ball movement, we had neither the leg speed nor the kicking ability to flourish. We got our first ever list manager in 2015, I think we're still catching up with a large proportion of the league.

Way too early to call on Voss, and we have clearly demonstrated changing the coach every 18 months doesn’t work.
Is it too early to call on the game plan?
The question is whether the two are inextricably linked.
I agree that moving coaches shouldn't be the default. But what should be conceded is the game plan needs an overhaul. Ideally Voss is the man to change the game plan...but if he's not adaptable enough, he has to go, as embarrassing as that is

Didn’t say he wouldn’t be a star. Just he’s such a nice mark and should play forward. He could be a real weapon up there.

He gets lost in defence. If you watch the replays and slow the game down and watch individual contests.. he loses his man far too often. He’s not a natural defender. When he’s in a contest he can take a good clunk hence why I think he should play forward.

Agree he needs to play out the rest of the season. He’s a huge talent.
When Marchy gets back and assuming he can hold together we really should try Kemp as 3rd tall fwd.

That says it all….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, it says nothing. Who made up this BS 'meters gained' stat and what the hell has it got to do with winning football matches? I'm guessing it has something to do with rugby or Gridiron, something foreign to our game.

I'll tell you who played a mighty game today and got eff all meters gained. Steven May. Zero meters gained, completely nullified Charlie. Where is the stat for that?

Stats are bullshit.

As for the rest of it, same old problems.

Incredibly dysfunctional forward line. Inside 50 entries putrid.

44 points just isn’t winning a game of football. It’s not good enough.

This!!!!!!!!!

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
Star Trek Nod GIF by HULU
Art Nod GIF by julia farkas

He really has gone backwards from last season. Always looks reluctant to kick the ball, wonder if he is carrying an injury.
He maybe slightly injured but he is putting himself out there and declaring he's fit. But 2 handballs is piss poor when the game is there to be won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly,
If he goes and we get Hinkley or unlikely, but Hardwick...just a tLented coach who wants to play
exciting modern footy
And can attract good assistants.
Bring it on.
We have to keep getting players in and cull, but mainly we need to bring out the best in our good players and emerging talent. We are squandering everything right now and running our club into the ground.
Yeah, like how we got Malthouse

After Steven Browne, Kane Lucas, Clem Smith, Blaike Boekhorst, Sam Petrevski-Seaton, Zac Fisher, Jarrod Garlett and Jesse Motlop, can I suggest a rule of not drafting 'quick' players out of Western Australia.

Nah, it says nothing. Who made up this BS 'meters gained' stat and what the hell has it got to do with winning football matches? I'm guessing it has something to do with rugby or Gridiron, something foreign to our game.

I'll tell you who played a mighty game today and got eff all meters gained. Steven May. Zero meters gained, completely nullified Charlie. Where is the stat for that?

Stats are bullshit.

Mate May got 495 metres gained. The 2nd most in the whole game.

Don't knock a stat because you have zero idea what it means....

Motlop looked exhausted within the first quarter, he's got to get a spell. Just kept having brain fade after brain fade. Cottrell was similar, but ironed that out and proceeded to show he cannot kick to moving targets, which kills our ability to move the ball with speed.

Fisher was sheepdogging, like I tried to tell you all. Brave enough taking contact, but he got knocked down 3 times simply because he wasn't fast enough. We should be doing better, even if we're grabbing Boyd or Dow and throwing them forward.

O'Brien got fairly involved, but after that aerial contest he went into, he clearly landed awkwardly, and eventually went off for some treatment. Hopefully he comes up, because I think he can have value further afield next week with Walsh being pushed outside more. Speaking of, Sam had an awful game, as he clearly couldn't ride the pressure on the inside.

Between the fatigue and effectively getting a little punch drunk, he started hanging onto the ball too long, and slowing down too much, which only made matters worse for him.

TDK was fantastic, really competed well to nullify and distribute, as well putting on ground and aerial pressure that supported all three areas of the ground. More of that please.

Cerra looks better at the moment with more pace surrounding him, and Dow helped unlock some of that along with O'Brien, Kemp, Cincotta, and Saad. Keep that rolling, and I suspect Silvagni and Kennedy will also benefit.

Cripps was also back to hatching the footy at times, as was Acres, when perhaps there are times they could either move the ball on quickly, or never call for it in the first place and provide a block/shepherd. Team first approach tends to have you moving the ball quickly to good areas and creating good chances on goal, instead of trying to keep possession between 7 or 8 players in the team most of the time. Not sure why I even have to explain this given it's an AFL team we're talking about....

Weitering and Young should proud of all their work too, and Kemp was really an attacking force while generally impacting defensively. I fully recognise he missed a couple of opportunities to shut down goals, but:

A) I don't think defence is his long term position
B) He'd clearly unlock a few goals himself if we had a system with better quality outside run

Harry was excellent even if he shanked one, Charlie was also working hard and providing an outlet. Saad just does a mountain of defensive work that should be much more applauded give his offensive value alongside that, and McGovern read and secured the ball a lot better.

Kennedy solid, but playing up forward permanently for much of the 2nd half took the wind out of his sails... I think it even slows him down to be honest, possible due to the sharp turns.

Plenty to take from this given the names missing, but we need to get smarter about the personnel we're deploying.

Stats are bullshit.

Nah it says that our 2 prime movers on the middle don’t hurt the opposition…it says plenty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teague tried the Pies style ball movement, we had neither the leg speed nor the kicking ability to flourish. We got our first ever list manager in 2015, I think we're still catching up with a large proportion of the league.
Teagues issues were overuling fitness staff, playing favourites and freezing out some players by refusing to talk to them. Fracturing the footy department and refusing better assistants to keep yes men.

We were capable of his game plan but the toxicity spread through and destroyed any will to train at a high enough level as toxicity has a knack of eroding etc etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Back