Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but why are we persisting with SMALL fwd's. Are we trying to relive the days of our mosquito fleet back in the 80's, why do they have to ne SMALL. Why not try some bigger bodies, ones that won't get pushed aside so easily, maybe try Binns, Honey even Fogarty a shot. Our small fwd's are killing us at the moment.
I think the age of the true small fwd is pretty much over.
Just my opinion of course. ( but it's always right)

Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but why are we persisting with SMALL fwd's. Are we trying to relive the days of our mosquito fleet back in the 80's, why do they have to ne SMALL. Why not try some bigger bodies, ones that won't get pushed aside so easily, maybe try Binns, Honey even Fogarty a shot. Our small fwd's are killing us at the moment.
Great insight, motlop might make it but owies and durdin are too small. Look at the build of pickett, cameron, smith. Our guys can't tackle and keep the ball in the fwd line.

Can’t believe Voss just said this in the post-match presser:

‘We couldn’t get our offense going at times, but I felt nourishment in our strong defense’

‘Our ability to score was certainly lacking, but somehow I feel strangely nourished by our other efforts around the ground’
He didn’t mention nourishment during tonights post match presser

And that is the real problem with this club. Tell me who in their right mind would want to coach us with our absurd record of sacking coaches when the going gets a bit tough? What sort of job security does being the coach of Carlton hold? Bugger all. Voss has been in charge for roughly 32ish games (can't be stuffed looking up the actual number) and we want to sack him?? This is getting quite tedious really!!

So how long does Voss get? If we lose every game for the rest of the season, does he still get a job for next season?

I’ve never been a fan of Durdin, Motlop, Owies all playing in our forward line. Fisher in for Durdin doesn’t improve things. They’re not strong in pressuring or tackling and the ball comes out too easily for mine.

They don’t seem to feed of our key forwards at the drop of the ball, and I’m not sure what their role is. They just seem to be undersized forwards without a great deal of threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never been a fan of Durdin, Motlop, Owies all playing in our forward line. Fisher in for Durdin doesn’t improve things. They’re not strong in pressuring or tackling and the ball comes out too easily for mine.

They don’t seem to feed of our key forwards at the drop of the ball, and I’m not sure what their role is. They just seem to be undersized forwards without a great deal of threat.
Exactly my point. Bigger bodies in there would IMO solve a few problems with the ball coming out so easily.

Yes. He needs time to make things betterer. What is the point in sacking another coach, it makes no sense whatsoever!!

It does when you have the wrong guy.

Just everyone has a different tipping point.

But for instance if we failed to win another game all season (and it’s entirely possible we win only 1 more game, v west Coast), what then? Just roll with Voss next season?

This is a coaching problem, yeah we kick shit, but it is a confidence in systems issue, an understanding of that basic system will get you better skill execution.
Our backline and their(melbs) poor kicking at goals in the 3rd papered over, what is a dismal Executive level systems, gameplay, strategy, organisation, leadership and decision making, our box is in no man’s land, a pure reflection of team output.

Our setups, with the high kick out are a joke.
Every team in the last run of losses are just better drilled with a game plan that suits their team more than ours.
They have all one thing in common, outnumber at the contest and spread then run like a rugby team, with lines of players ready to move forward, always with one at the back and front of any contest, always an outlet boundary side and it kills us every time.
We however, are chaotically spread thin and out of position at almost every contest.
Our mids did enough to win this one strangely enough, everything else forward of centre simply falls apart.
When we did get our shit together, our better users were further up, Gov looked good taking kicks from the midfield.
Game plan needs a reboot, the wayward under pressure handballs to teammates under the pump or to literally no one is embarrassing at best.
It feels like the light is perpetually ready to be switched on,
Can we get a tackling coach? How horrible are we at tackling. Every single week we tackle so poorly the opposition regularly gets a handball off to a teammate when it should result in a stoppage. Just unacceptable.
we hired Michael Voss Leadership
Our tactician should be sacked

I’m so over Docs hack panicked kicks.
That kick over our players straight to a line of dees defenders from inside our fwd 50 was a disgrace .. he is not alone in this department but it looked like we were setting up to go short out then sling past the spare but we kept bombing to there spare even under no pressure ..
Half this side can't follow the instruction or aren't capable of it .. players are on there own and we kick it to turf or over there heads sometimes just out on the full for fun..
blame coaching all you like but our bottom 6-8 can go to any club and be well below average . And guaranteed none of the fwds playing tonight outside the two keys would succeed and lucky to get a game in any side .
Last three weeks we have generated enough chances..
On a side note don't think we missed hewitt and curnow just there replacements didn't provide the foot skill and game awareness we lacking

Yep. Changes are needed nut for gods sake not another coach.
Problem is, if you're a really high quality assistant coach, do you want to work under Michael Voss? What's the sales pitch: "Vossy's a good leader, but you're the guy who's going to get the team winning on the field." If someone pitched me that, I'd be asking them for the senior gig. Or at least senior-gig money, which the soft cap makes very hard to do.

Yep. Changes are needed nut for gods sake not another coach.

There is no evidence Voss is a good coach, but a lot of evidence that he isn’t a good coach.

I understand the desire for stability etc, but all the examples given in the past where it’s paid off like Thompson, Hardwick, Buckley and Goodwin, they had all coached their respective sides to finals appearances and finals wins.

Giving Voss more time is beginning to look like if Melbourne wanted to give Mark Neeld more time. Sometimes things just don’t work.

In saying that, I’m giving him 2 weeks to get at least 1 win. That surely isn’t a high bar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Back