Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:

Aren’t two of them, LOB and Fish contracted?

Yes, but I think the club will probably trade them anyway (even if forced to pay some of their salary at their new club)

Only my opinion though and based on no actual evidence or rumours i have heard. Just a gut feeling.

This club is a joke, what did Dow do wrong in his limited time on the ground to get dropped, if you're going to give him a go, put him in for 3-4 weeks and give him a chance. WTF is the point of playing Ed, we are not making finals this year, time to move on. Really have to think about the intelligence of this selection committee, they are obviously in survival mode. Not good enough.

This club is a joke, what did Dow do wrong in his limited time on the ground to get dropped, if you're going to give him a go, put him in for 3-4 weeks and give him a chance. WTF is the point of playing Ed, we are not making finals this year, time to move on. Really have to think about the intelligence of this selection committee, they are obviously in survival mode. Not good enough.
Reminder Ed had a sub performance of 2 disposals with a turnover in what was it, over a quarter? Was selected the next week.

Dow just went too well. Can't upset the status quo. Needed to run less and kick worse.

& this is why u sack Voss mid season. We learn nothing with him grimly hanging on.
His sole focus is not losing by to much, it’s not about learning & improving the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but I think the club will probably trade them anyway (even if forced to pay some of their salary at their new club)

Only my opinion though and based on no actual evidence or rumours i have heard. Just a gut feeling.
In what dimension would any club entertain a trade for either of these two?? How either of them got extended contracts is amazing.

Again it tells me Dow has already told the club he is off next year.
Yeah- Nah, let’s pot the bloke that has continually busted his ass every game & shown more effort & resilience than most at the club.
What it tells u is this is about Voss & him trying to save his ass, not putting the club & the team first.

7 losses in 8 games, score 6.8.44 and announce we are going to take the shackles off and tell them to take more risks and we get:

Pittonet in for Silvagni
Martin in for Fisher
Ed Curnow in for O'Brien

Wow, massive testicular fortitude there Vossy.

Look, it's clear Voss has a solid 20 or so he wants to play as much as possible. I've always says that a coach should be able to live or die based on his selections. So, rather than question this anymore, I'm going to allow Voss to live or die by it.

You can't have it both ways though. You can't keep selecting YOUR side, see it fail and rinse and repeat, AND call for patience and back the coach in. Selection absolutely has to be part of this. These are the players who keep letting you down, keep playing ugly football, keep losing and apparently keep ignoring what you are telling them to do.

We have 4 key defenders in the side, 2 key forwards and two ruckman. Essendon have 2 key defenders, two key forwards and 1 ruckman.

Is Young in the side to play on Wright when he's forward and what ... go to the bench the rest of the time? Feels like a waste of interchanges. They're going to smash us at ground level one feels.

I know everyone will say Voss is head coach ect.

But apparently it's more Tim Clarke that doesn't want dow in the midfield.

So my question is how much would the midfield coach get a major say in selection?

I know many of you are not happy with Ed Curnow's selection, but he always brings his A Game against *, from that perspective I am happy with his inclusion.

Happy Pitto is back.

Imo the three players dropped this week won't be at the club next year.
Ed running around next year is he? ;)

I'm disappointed but I'll spare any criticism until after the game, he could play well.

I know many of you are not happy with Ed Curnow's selection, but he always brings his A Game against *, from that perspective I am happy with his inclusion.

Happy Pitto is back.

Imo the three players dropped this week won't be at the club next year.
Sorry selection integrity at Carlton is a complete joke, form counts for nothing Voss has his favourites one of which is Ed, Dow has been treated so bad by him.

This is a poor reflection on the people part of the MC & Voss
Binns & Dow have been our best performers and both deserve a decent crack, reward performance not favourites such as Martin/Motlop and Curnow.

Last edited:
I know everyone will say Voss is head coach ect.

But apparently it's more Tim Clarke that doesn't want dow in the midfield.

So my question is how much would the midfield coach get a major say in selection?
Interesting.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back