Autopsy 2023 Rd 18 Bruising Blues shortcircuit Power

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heaps to be proud of and the first time in a long long time I can remember us playing 8 really good quarters of footy against good opposition.

Three shout outs. Thought Charlie was incredible. His ability to fight for a draw and keep Aliir quiet was superb. Loved Sos getting reward for effort and TDK laying 6 tackles.

Was a performance to be crazy proud of

I dare say the stability and trust in Vossy from Brian Cook and the board during our 6 game losing streak (where where we were not playing badly so much as just forgotten how to win) has been a real positive for our players and culture tbh.
And telling Bruce's boy to take the next greyhound up the highway set the tone ..

I dare say the stability and trust in Vossy from Brian Cook and the board during our 6 game losing streak (where where we were not playing badly so much as just forgotten how to win) has been a real positive for our players and culture tbh.

Cookie has been a heaven sent gift to our footy club

I had to take a break from reading BF for a while...the frothing from some of our supporters got too much.

I hope they're enjoying their humble pie.

It's never as bad as it feels.

Today was brilliant. I expected us to give a good account for ourselves but didn’t expect a 50 point win.

Loving the even spread of contributors and the last 4 weeks we are playing better than we did at any point last year currently.

This game last year, and we’d have been hanging on grimly for a 1-2 goal win.

Keep it going, and we will play finals.

We look so much better with true forwards in Cuningham, Fog and Martin along the flanks instead of just shoehorning some mids in there.

Fogarty has been an amazing and delightful surprise these few weeks. Can anyone else here honestly say they knew that our Fog Horn had this capability in him ?

abd9793ddc168533ad998365775ec89b.gif

One of the best things about being a footy fan is discovering players on your(our) list that you previously dismissed as being no good/a list clogger etc

I say, I say Fogarty is proving his mettle !!!

Voss was interesting in the press conference.

Didn’t seem that happy. Acknowledged the result but wasn’t as happy as I’ve seen him after other wins.

Maybe a little annoyed that the first question was about Harry. Or maybe just worried about Harry’s knee.
We lost some critical stats he builds off -- don't think he liked the inside 50 count and time in fwd half .. Kennedy overhead power and Mackay up the wings probably didn't help -- we lost centre clearance also .. he got to keep the boys focused and hungry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewitt was good , tdk was good , seriously if we don’t sign sos this club is ****ed .. does owies come back in ?
Agreed on both first points
As for Owies, he is not as talented as Jesse or Durds for that matter but he busts his arsenal to own his spot.
Think he will rest the calf next week and if Jesse can keep him out, then that’s only a good team thing.

Really enjoying how Newman is right on or just over the edge in his aggression

I’m sure he’s actually a great bloke, but he 100% looks like he would reach for an officer’s sidearm. Has the biggest case of crazy eyes since Scotland.

Attachments

• 1689427106406.png
    1689427106406.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 77
One game is the difference between 6th and 12th on the ladder, we are right in this if we continue playing as we have been. If we had beaten Richmond we would now be sitting in 6th place, crazy season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 18 Bruising Blues shortcircuit Power

Back