Autopsy 2023 Rd 18 Bruising Blues shortcircuit Power

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I know the whole IF thing doesn’t count but IF we scored 1 more point in round 1 we’d be 6th right now with a healthy percentage and west coast next week. Crazy. Hopefully haven’t left it to late
It’s tight mate …point here point there let me Just say jump on the C train we are absolutely flying ..i have never see us play this good

I wonder what happened to those posters that wanted Martin and Cuningham paid out and delisted immediately.

I mean do you just continue to post and make out it didn't happen or just give yourself a holiday?
Why the hell should they? :huh: For the record, I would still trade Martin for a bag of chips if that bag of chips helped us strategically get the project player we wanted ahead of a rival club. Cuningham we can keep.

When was the last time we have won four in a row? I was a naysayer too, big time, for me the lid is off! We are now finals bound!

we were finals bound after 4 rounds this year, and the start of last year too. i'm kind of, glass jar half-full with the lid on.
if my ladder look is correct, assuming we knock off west coast next week we'll sit in the 8 because one of the dogs/bombers will drop out. 7th if the suns knock off the giants. if the saints were to lose to north then we'd sit 6th (7th with a gws win).

after that, collingwood, saints, melbourne, suns, gws. could just as easily find ourselves out of the 8 in the middle of the last 5 games, by more than one game too.
we might well play finals. we'd certainly deserve to be there, not just for wins on the board but having turned around what had become a real turd of a season.

we're doing the things good teams do. this is a bit different from earlier in the year when it was trying to convince ourselves that 'good teams win ugly' instead of just playing poorly.

it's been a team effort. we've just touched up port (they with some injuries of course) but didn't dominate the key stats like we've typically had to just to have a chance of winning. and we look shit hot too.

(no my ladder look wasn't correct)

Last edited:
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time we won 4 consecutive games by 50 points or more?

And when was the last time we played 16 consecutive good quarters? Even when we’ve been in form in recent times, we’ve had lapses in games. Can’t remember the last time we’ve played 4 consecutive 4-quarter-performances.

Why not, heard crazier ideas around these parts. Duh, lets save that one for next week. Gotta ask though, not many "we should have played Dow weeks earlier" hard caps going on. Peeps??

I thought Dow worked his way into the game very well and showed that trademark burst from congestion. Can only get better with more game time, but with the team in form and the next up mantra working very well of late, we are stacked.

I thought Dow worked his way into the game very well and showed that trademark burst from congestion. Can only get better with more game time, but with the team in form and the next up mantra working very well of late, we are stacked.
Just lacks composure imo. Got better as the game went on but just needs to relax a bit more with the ball. Hewett was the right option over Dow imo

Just lacks composure imo. Got better as the game went on but just needs to relax a bit more with the ball. Hewett was the right option over Dow imo

Hewett was good. Hewett was a direct replacement for Kennedy in style. I don't think of it as Hewett over Dow as such. Different types for sure.

What I did enjoy from Dow is his willingness to throw himself at the ball in order to trap it and give it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 18 Bruising Blues shortcircuit Power

Back