Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Been solid over the past few weeks. It'll be a reward for a consistent block of form and not the individual game.

Still, surprised he was nominated this week though.
Except Johnson beats him for body of work too for the year and has been pipped for body of work in previous weeks.

WC must have called in some favours to take the heat off.

Except Johnson beats him for body of work too for the year and has been pipped for body of work in previous weeks.

Johnson’s been suspended, therefore can’t win it so I’m guessing that’s why he hasn’t received a nomination.

Yes, because Johnson's body of work wasn't very good the previous 6 weeks.

5 possessions: 0 Goals - Lions
'Managed' - Cats
6 possessions: 0 Goals - Swans
18 possessions: 0 Goals - Coll
9 possessions: 0 Goals - Carl
19 possessions: 0 Goals - WB

Starting sub in the Lions game and subbed out in both the Swans and Carlton games.

Here are Hewett's numbers for the same block:

13 possessions: 1 goal - Ess
21 possessions: 1 goal - NM
17 possessions: 0 Goals - Carl
12 possessions: 0 Goals - Rich
18 possessions: 0 Goals - Lions
12 possessions: 2 goals - Saints

Johnson pips Hewett in tackles by a reasonable amount but the rest of the stats are mostly on par.

1692007031812.png

So, you're unsurprisingly completely wrong

Or maybe they just think Hewett's been better this year, especially over the previous 6 games.

If the award was handed out off one game, sure Johnson would absolutely deserve it. Have a similar game next week and he'll be a monty.

Agreed. Definitely the most weird/unexpected nomination this season (if nor for several years in fact)

As I said previously, can't recall the last time a player was nominated after his team was flogged by 100 in a game. Just weird (although Hewett does look like a talent tbh)

There was a few times it happened in 2012 the giants had 8 nominations that year.

Agreed. Definitely the most weird/unexpected nomination this season (if nor for several years in fact)

As I said previously, can't recall the last time a player was nominated after his team was flogged by 100 in a game. Just weird (although Hewett does look like a talent tbh)

At this stage of the season a lot of the nominations are for a body of work and there is no denying that Elijah Hewett has been one of the few shining lights in this annus horribilis for West Coast. Has been a relatively consistent contributor and shown massive potential.

From the Eagles board:

1692004155007-png.1774140

Are you actually sooking over a rising star nomination? You just beat us by a 101points and your upset over a rising star nomination.😂

Are you actually sooking over a rising star nomination? You just beat us by a 101points and your upset over a rising star nomination.😂

I know right?

In a few years you'll forget who was nominated for the Rising Star but you won't forget the time you belted your rivals by triple figures.

Yes, because Johnson's body of work wasn't very good the previous 6 weeks.

5 possessions: 0 Goals - Lions
'Managed' - Cats
6 possessions: 0 Goals - Swans
18 possessions: 0 Goals - Coll
9 possessions: 0 Goals - Carl
19 possessions: 0 Goals - WB

Starting sub in the Lions game and subbed out in both the Swans and Carlton games.

Here are Hewett's numbers for the same block:

13 possessions: 1 goal - Ess
21 possessions: 1 goal - NM
17 possessions: 0 Goals - Carl
12 possessions: 0 Goals - Rich
18 possessions: 0 Goals - Lions
12 possessions: 2 goals - Saints

Johnson pips Hewett in tackles by a reasonable amount but the rest of the stats are mostly on par.

View attachment 1774193

So, you're unsurprisingly completely wrong

Or maybe they just think Hewett's been better this year, especially over the previous 6 games.

If the award was handed out off one game, sure Johnson would absolutely deserve it. Have a similar game next week and he'll be a monty.
Johnson has been the sub 7 times. If you take out those games or adjust them accordingly his output is significantly better.

Since when is it six week blocks and not the whole season?

I’m not sooking, just pointing out relevant information. Watching the replay, Johnson won us the game since he was the fire starter who did a Brilliant piece of work to kick the first of 17 goals in a row.

Johnson has been the sub 7 times.

Yep, not a starting midfielder.

If you take out those games or adjust them accordingly his output is significantly better.

Nope, he started as the sub. Irrelevant.

I’m not sooking, just pointing out relevant information. Watching the replay, Johnson won us the game since he was the fire starter who did a Brilliant piece of work to kick the first of 17 goals in a row.

Yeah, he played very well.

That's a massive stretch to say he 'won Freo the game' in a 101 point belting, where Freo kicked 17 goals in a row.

What a ridiculous thing to even suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson has been the sub 7 times. If you take out those games or adjust them accordingly his output is significantly better.

Since when is it six week blocks and not the whole season?

Won you the game ? One player doesn’t win there team a game by 101 points😂

I know right?

In a few years you'll forget who was nominated for the Rising Star but you won't forget the time you belted your rivals by triple figures.
This
I’d swap our 3 rising star nominations this year for a 100point win over a rival team in a heart beat.

Yep, not a starting midfielder.

Nope, he started as the sub. Irrelevant.

Yeah, he played very well.

That's a massive stretch to say he 'won Freo the game' in a 101 point belting, where Freo kicked 17 goals in a row.

What a ridiculous thing to even suggest.
How is it irrelevant if you are comparing stats? 1/4 vs 4 is going to affect your averages.

Hewett had 1 game he got concussed. Was he the sub at all?

How is it irrelevant if you are comparing stats? 1/4 vs 4 is going to affect your averages.

Yeah, 3 times I think. I actually think the Collingwood game was his first not starting sub? But stand to be corrected.

I thought I was fairly clear in saying I was referring to the previous 6 week block? If Johnson didn't get a nom before that particular 6 weeks, he probably wasn't going to get one after.

They could be taking into account that Johnson is almost 20 and half years old and usually course of events for a player his type is he wouldn't usually be eligible. Hewett only turned 19 in late May.

I recall that being the knock on Shuey when it was him v Heppell.

Won you the game ? One player doesn’t win there team a game by 101 points😂
He put a stop to your run on and started ours. He kicked 1.1 & had 4 score involvements. If they were all goals he had a direct hand in losing to WC by 2 points.

Lachie Shultz drew with you off his own boot.

Either way, my comment was tongue in cheek.
I thought I was fairly clear in saying I was referring to the previous 6 week block? If Johnson didn't get a nom before that particular 6 weeks, he probably wasn't going to get one after.
Why is six weeks relevant though? It’s a season body of work. You’ve just made this up.

They could be taking into account that Johnson is almost 20 and half years old and usually course of events for a player his type is he wouldn't usually be eligible. Hewett only turned 19 in late May.

I recall that being the knock on Shuey when it was him v Heppell.
This makes sense or even if getting suspended counts against him.

He put a stop to your run on and started ours. He kicked 1.1 & had 4 score involvements. If they were all goals he had a direct hand in losing to WC by 2 points.

Lachie Shultz drew with you off his own boot.

Either way, my comment was tongue in cheek.

Why is six weeks relevant though? It’s a season body of work. You’ve just made this up.

So you just spent all that time explaining why he won you the game by himself to then say it was all tongue in cheek if your trying to explain it, I’m guessing you obviously don’t think it’s tongue in cheek.🤔

Either way Hewetts the rising star this week and if that pisses off and makes one freo fan salty that makes me happy specially after they just beat us by 101points, talk about living rent free in someone’s head😂

Got a few snazzy highlights putting his name up there recently too!

IMG_0505.gif

Well deserved young fella

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back