Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Pendlebury at his price, but just be warned he could be a sub vest threat in games we are comfortably up, like a few rounds ago
Agree with that, though in the game where he was subbed out, wasn't that the one where he was crook and in doubt to play?

I want to trade, I desperately do, but I have 19 this week, so should wait to 2 weeks time to start bringing in the premium reinforcements for Rd 14 (currently 18 playing) and 15 (currently only 16).

and already have 3 ruckmen incl Cameron in the forwards, so Briggs is a no.

I want to trade, I desperately do, but I have 19 this week, so should wait to 2 weeks time to start bringing in the premium reinforcements for Rd 14 (currently 18 playing) and 15 (currently only 16).

and already have 3 ruckmen incl Cameron in the forwards, so Briggs is a no.

Wardlaw/Ford probably your only option. I'd be waiting to do any upgrades next week. That's what I'm doing I'll probably just grab 1 of Briggs or Wardlaw for Ratagolea.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving Seinfeld GIF by Crave

Moist ...not cooked ..
IMG_6667.jpeg

not sure if I’ll even be able to get a finished team even if I go cheap, have gone Holland’s to Ford so far. Not sure whether to go cheap Ridley and trade roberts to Briggs or just go Ashcroft to super premo Dawson.
I have zero chance of completing a team ....I'm just using trades now for injuries & hopefully upgrading at same time

Hope he looks good for three quarters and then gets a rest in the last to prepare him for Gawn and Grundy next week.

A lot of my planning hinges on getting him for $470k or below after his bye.

Hope he looks good for three quarters and then gets a rest in the last to prepare him for Gawn and Grundy next week.

A lot of my planning hinges on getting him for $470k or below after his bye.
Yep .....Cameron, Fyfe, and Yeo are my "break glass" options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have zero chance of completing a team ....I'm just using trades now for injuries & hopefully upgrading at same time

Lower your upgrade expectations and hope for the best. For example, after the Dogs bye I'm considering Smith or Daniel up forward instead of Macrae if he will break the bank and prevent a decent upgrade where I need it more. You'll get some good scores from those guys even if it isn't the big 140s or consistent 110's that Macrae is known for.

Or alternatively, keep a mid-pricer or two and hope for the best.

Lower your upgrade expectations and hope for the best. For example, after the Dogs bye I'm considering Smith or Daniel up forward instead of Macrae if he will break the bank and prevent a decent upgrade where I need it more. You'll get some good scores from those guys even if it isn't the big 140s or consistent 110's that Macrae is known for.

Is Fyfe, Yeo, and Cameron low enough ? .....please don't make me go lower .....I'm lousy at the Limbo

RealDetailedKudu-size_restricted.gif

Anyone low on trades and still has Ashcroft should be holding him too.

Wait until after R15 to upgrade, more cheap options will appear.

Anyone low on trades and still has Ashcroft should be holding him too.

Wait until after R15 to upgrade, more cheap options will appear.
BRIS have a great run post bye too

Is Fyfe, Yeo, and Cameron low enough ? .....please don't make me go lower .....I'm lousy at the Limbo

RealDetailedKudu-size_restricted.gif

Fyfe is LOW.

Another potential example of a 'premo' trio is Tom Mitchell, Darcy Cameron and Jeremy Cameron.

Whilst you'd prefer Macrae, Petracca and Butters if you don't have them, you're saving a combined $400k plus by opting for the aforementioned three, and on any given week they're all capable of pulling out a huge score.

If it's THAT dire, then find a fun cheap POD with some scoring history like a Karl Amon or a Zac Bailey and just have a bunch of fun on the ride.

Wilmot > Ford
Rowston > Mullin

Second trade may well end up being a dead rookie to another dead rookie for a 70k profit but I'm willing to take the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back