Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

At $200K at this time of the year?

hardpass-bumper.gif

Don't understand this logic.
For most - like me - he's replacing a dead rookie.
Its not like there's a massive queue of other suitors at this point?
For me:

Ford is locked

Then it's Briggs vs Wardlaw

Briggs gives me a ruck score in rounds 12 and 14, and he should be $400k+ in round 15 when he has his bye, where I can upgrade him if I want to

The other option is grabbing Wardlaw as my 3rd trade in

So I need to decide if Wardlaw is a must-have

Bringing him in for a dead rookie will cost me money, so it might hurt my upgrade opportunity next week

Don't understand this logic.
For most - like me - he's replacing a dead rookie.
Its not like there's a massive queue of other suitors at this point?
If it's a dead rookie, at 193k you're probably spending cash to upgrade to him, and coming off a 43, he's not gonna make enough cash in three weeks to offload when most people are finishing their teams.

If you're grabbing him to be a season-long keeper at M9, then sure, but with no DPP, his worth is diminished in that regard, too.

Very annoying they don't show BEs for players with the bye next week. Anyone know where you can find them?

For me:

Ford is locked

Then it's Briggs vs Wardlaw

Briggs gives me a ruck score in rounds 12 and 14, and he should be $400k+ in round 15 when he has his bye, where I can upgrade him if I want to

The other option is grabbing Wardlaw as my 3rd trade in

So I need to decide if Wardlaw is a must-have

Bringing him in for a dead rookie will cost me money, so it might hurt my upgrade opportunity next week
I want Briggs but I'd have to find $150k to upgrade Madden to make it work.

(Guessing you have Ratugolea to trade out for Briggs?)

I still have Cowan doing nothing at D8, so the Wardlaw exchange works neatly for me.

Yeah, will just do Simpson to Ford I think. If Laird doesn't get rubbed out and Cincotta plays, I'll have 20, so no need to trade in another play who still has their bye to come (though Ridley at $428k is tempting)
what the **** happened? please tell me it wasn’t a sling tackle

If it's a dead rookie, at 193k you're probably spending cash to upgrade to him, and coming off a 43, he's not gonna make enough cash in three weeks to offload when most people are finishing their teams.

If you're grabbing him to be a season-long keeper at M9, then sure, but with no DPP, his worth is diminished in that regard, too.
See above - its for Cowan who's $204k. No idea how he stuck around on my bench for so long.

what the * happened? please tell me it wasn’t a sling tackle
Certainly was. Textbook one-weeker this year (though he eased him down a bit, so hopefully that works in his favour).

Was certainly a slinging motion though

I want Briggs but I'd have to find $150k to upgrade Madden to make it work.

(Guessing you have Ratugolea to trade out for Briggs?)

I still have Cowan doing nothing at D8, so the Wardlaw exchange works neatly for me.
Madden has DPP though. Can't you trade somebody else out, move Madden to the FWD for a few weeks, then move him back once you're done with Briggs?

I'm trading Ashcroft to Briggs via DPP.

I had Ratugolea at R3, but traded him to McAndrew this week (he'll be my RUCK/FWD DPP swingman for the season; preferred him to Madden, as he might play and make some money).

I suppose this highlights how it's all team dependant, and there's no right or wrong answer. Whatever works for your set-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently thinking of the following,

Out: N. Long, S. Simpson, D. Wilmot
In: J. Macrae, E. Ford, K. Briggs

Does mean that Briggs sits at R3, but my thinking is that he could be a handy cash grab for my final 2 upgrades down the line.

Roberts followed by Chesser (spud rook)

Surely Constable and Sharp play sooner
Feels like Constable is done. Probably won't play AFL ever again.

Back or midfield, it seems like the Suns have enough depth in those positions, and he's waaaaaaaaay down the pecking order.

Are people focusing on corrections this week over upgrades? If so, rookies or premos? Or a mixture of both?
I want to upgrade in round 13 (bring in a round 12 bye player), so I need to build the bank.

I upgraded last round, so I'm happy to not upgrade this week.

I will be doing a rookie correction (someone dead to Ford).

If you're struggling, no harm in correcting (rookies or premos), but they need to make sense in the long-term too.

Currently thinking of the following,

Out: N. Long, S. Simpson, D. Wilmot
In: J. Macrae, E. Ford, K. Briggs

Does mean that Briggs sits at R3, but my thinking is that he could be a handy cash grab for my final 2 upgrades down the line.
That's true, it's very good thinking and a really good tactical move, only reason I'm not doing it is because I got to use two trades on the one player. You gotta get him and then get him out. Most have 13-20 traded left? You're using two of the most valuable resource in the game. If you've got the trades left then it's a no brainer, I get that he will be an easy stepping stone to a fallen premo.

I have 14 trades left after brining in Ford, Dawson and Ridley, I'll make one next week, which will be a dead rookie for nat fyfe, he's a floater, won't be an on field option, definitely a loop option. I only have three on field rookies now.

Back and forwards are finished. Interestingly I have Weddle and Mitchell at D7&8 will need to change. Got 6 rookies in the mids, constable, wardlaw, sharp, Johnson, Drury and davey I need to field three of them.

Madden has DPP though. Can't you trade somebody else out, move Madden to the FWD for a few weeks, then move him back once you're done with Briggs?

I'm trading Ashcroft to Briggs via DPP.

I had Ratugolea at R3, but traded him to McAndrew this week (he'll be my RUCK/FWD DPP swingman for the season; preferred him to Madden, as he might play and make some money).

I suppose this highlights how it's all team dependant, and there's no right or wrong answer. Whatever works for your set-up.
Moving... Madden... forward? What is this dark sorcery?!?

Now you mention it, I could trade out Wilmot after his crap score, especially since he's got his bye this week.

I was originally toying with the idea of trading him out for budget-price Ridley.

But Briggs as a cash cow does seem like a more compelling trade. Kudos.

That's true, it's very good thinking and a really good tactical move, only reason I'm not doing it is because I got to use two trades on the one player. You gotta get him and then get him out. Most have 13-20 traded left? You're using two of the most valuable resource in the game. If you've got the trades left then it's a no brainer, I get that he will be an easy stepping stone to a fallen premo.
Even if not, could be worth it. I’ve got Samson at R3 now and no DPP and he’s maxed out. Only way to cash him out is to downgrade to non playing rookie, which isn’t great approaching Byes. It’s only a single extra trade to move him to Briggs instead, who should make 200k pretty easily. By contrast, not many rookies around and those that are aren’t making that sort of cash.

Desperate times trying to complete this team. 3 trades and a double roughie. Some risky budget sub premos.

IN Ridley, DC, Ford
OUT Ashcroft, Wilmott, Chandler

Leaves me with 10 trades and 3 spots onfield to upgrade.

Too early to trade out Ashcroft? Or the right time? I had maybe wanted to keep him a little longer as a mid cover, or maybe hope for a few more spike games but his cash seems pretty handy this round

Evening all. Any juice in Stengle at $280K do we think? After a horrific start to the season and injury he has returned and shown some form. At a discount of approx $150K versus starting price. Granted not likely a finishing player but I am open to an interim that can add some cash and be a bridge to a premo down the road

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back