Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 vs the Eagles? *BLUES SUPPORTERS ONLY*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm calling that as the best game of Patrick Cripps' career.

He just completely showed how you put a team on your back.

Up there with the Brisbane game where he kicked 4 and had 30 plus and was sick all day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was checking the post game comments on the intramenet & enjoyed this one.

‘Sing out Hare-Hare
Ooh, dance the Hoochie-Koo
City lights are oh so bright, as we go sliding, sliding
Sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding, sliding
Ooooh’

- R. Plant
Zeppelin

Huge Carlton fan apparently.

Which is nice.👍

Young played a simple game and did his role well I thought

Didnt panic at all.

Marked the ball looked at his options and played the simple options

Looked like Newman managed him a bit (with instructions) which is also great to see.

He’s like a second lieutenant

Can't think of a better win, with over 1500 games of experience missing, the so called lesser lights all showed up to play. Kemp, simply shouldn't be played in defence again, he is Jack's (JSOS & Martin) successor as the third forward. We play so much better when the shackles are off.

Don’t want to take anything away from our boys today - they came to play
Good presssure on the ball, very good work to bring the ball to ground

But from my vantage point - Wet Toast were diabolical - about 10,000 had left by 3rd quarter - they were very poor

We did appear to setup well behind the ball (not been a strength of late) and our smaller array of mids and half forwards were hunting them, may have helped make there entries poor - it was fun to watch, in light of our close losses and last weeks calamity

Made an old blue, that only gets to see one game a year live, pumped

Great win. Needed win!

Kemp! Take a bow son. Great game.

Crippa. 2nd Brownlow incoming.

First career goals for Binns and Moir. Well done boys!

Genuine question. What has happened to Walsh? Shadow of his former self.
If his name wasn’t Walsh would he be getting a game next week?

If you watch him closely he looks hampered by injury wouldn’t be surprised if he has been for awhile.

He’s like a second lieutenant

Newman was great, really stepped up in Saad's absence to be a general today. Youngy was good in 2022, I mean it did happen it wasn't like we imagined it.

He just lost confidence completely last year and didnt get it back this year. Would be great if we could get him back to his 2022 self, today was a good start. Admittedly today was perfect for him, as we oblitterated them in the midfield, and they had very little clean ball coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch him closely he looks hampered by injury wouldn’t be surprised if he has been for awhile.

No doubt, this is a bloke one upon a time that as games wore on would be still running over the top of the ground and blowing the opposition up.

Now he's got blokes like 195cm bash and crash bull Cripps powering ahead of him.

You guys will never understand just how *ing good it feels when the WHOLE state of WA is muttering * I HATE CARLTON!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

We had the Navy Blues playing on the bus home - guy in front of me waited until it was half full - the remaining Blues fans grinned and then started singing

Lord has great hands, Binns has fantastic work ethic, Moir knows where the goals are! Great effort from these three.

Ollie had a ripper game, loved seeing him come off half back, was instrumental at times.

Kemp killed it up forward, Young played well down back. This could be huge for them

Never call ollie soft. Great game.

Will we now accept that Kemp is NOT a defender

He is natural ball hunter and attacking player. He can be a genuine match winner

Leave him forward this year and develop him as a fwd/mid/winger over off season

He will be a star

So why has it taken 23 rounds to work it out when we as supporters have been calling it but coaches havent seen it?And it’s only because of the injury crisis.

How about Curnow back? Whenever he goes back he marks everything. Could be the best CHB in afl.

Something to consider, if Pitto could hold down ruck, if TDK could develop his forward craft. A lot of ifs but we have options to try.
While I agree he'd be a good CHB, you don't send a back-to-back Coleman winner to the backline, especially when it was looking like he'd a win a 3rd in a row in a down year before injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Back