Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 vs the Eagles? *BLUES SUPPORTERS ONLY*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally showed some real ticker.

To pretty much kick 100 points without Charlie, Harry and TDK says a lot.
This win reminds me of Walsh kicking a goal on the siren against the Bulldogs (his first I’m pretty sure) to tick over 100 points as a team for the first time in years

Youth and fresh looks syncing up and working better than we could’ve expected

A lot of things happened today that many of us on here have been asking for all year

The players finally looked unhindered and ran and enjoyed themselves. A much more mobile side that suited modern football

What a turnaround.
We've had our differences, Soapy but from now on I shall refer to you as the coach.

Kemp forward (I wanted that as soon as JSOS went down but you called it pre game).
O. Hollands to hbf pre game - more gold.

Wins like that make you realise why you love this club so much.

And I'll say it again - Moir for goal of the year!!!

Great calls, coach!

Ollie Hollands will be a good midfielder for us. Great evasive skills and a strong runner. A couple more preseasons to just strengthen him up
I've liked how he is holding onto the ball rather than blazing away. He was also very aggressive by foot. Missed a couple of targets but took some risks.

I doubted Binns. I was wrong. That second half was his VFL form. Still turned it over a little, but he ran and ran and ran and that goal was gorgeous.

With another pre-season, Moir will be the Martin replacement. Has the tricks and can play small and tall. Fitness was the only issue and in the VFL has shown he’s got that sorted.

Cooper Lord faded in the second half, but that first half showed what a canny choice he was from Austin.

Cow is a beast. Need to keep our hands on him.

Ollie has been building even when we’ve been garbage. Was incredible—apart from a couple of dicey kicks—he’s gotten stronger!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Put Ollie on the weights with Moo.

Lord was awesome really. Clean hands and some pace which we need. After a proper preseason at this level, he should get his stamina base up and last through the full game.

Binns was iffy as in the first quarter, couldn't get near it. Then in the second he started matching speed with the rest of the side and in the second half he was flying. Carroll was also good. Didn't get a lot of the ball, but was instrumental in a couple of chains that ended up in goals.

Moir... what can we say about him. Two very good marks. Wind got hold of his first shot and pushed it wide, but that bit of xfactor for his debut goal was special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Pettraca - throw the house at Reid !!
A beast!

Such a fantastic game today.

Moir's goal capped it off.

Now to take all that good energy and go get those Aints.

Ouch Durdin's shoulder looked hurty there.
It was only a few weeks ago that he dislocated it. And that chickenwing tackle today that dislocated it again should be looked at by Christian, but he's wearing the wrong colour.

DA DA DA DA DA

Disappointed not to see a lot more post game footage. Including the ceremonial dyed drink in the eyes of our rookies.
Maybe CFC will put up footage.

I saw something in Ollie's game I haven't seen in quite a while.

It was like he was released. He looked like both a midfielder and HB today rather than just a skinny winger running up and down the ground constantly. Applied pressure, weaved in and out of traffic, went in strong, attacking flair...

Yeah he mucks up some kicks still but there is a lot to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Back