Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was the old rumours thread I'd thread mark it and add it to the list but I have no control over this new thread.

Well the Shultz to Collingwood was a shock today so who knows what other surprises will pop up this trade week.

When we mean as big as Dawson do we mean Dawson now or Dawson at the time of the Sydney trade because back then he was a good solid best 22 player but now at Adelaide he's a all Australian superstar.
Wasn’t he a good, solid player that came THIRD in the Swans 2021 Best and Fairest (Parker 543 pts, Lloyd 504 pts, Dawson 502 pts) leaving Mills, Papley Heaney, Buddy etc in his wake.

Sounds better than a good, solid player to me.

Wasn’t he a good, solid player that came THIRD in the Swans 2021 Best and Fairest (Parker 543 pts, Lloyd 504 pts, Dawson 502 pts) leaving Mills, Papley Heaney, Buddy etc in his wake.

Sounds better than a good, solid player to me.

Considering we just held a BnF that saw Murphy come 6th, surely that would temper BnF results being used as a justification for quality.

Considering we just held a BnF that saw Murphy come 6th, surely that would temper BnF results being used as a justification for quality.
So do you agree that he was just a good average player when we drafted him?

Clearly the Swans were joking when they said they were desperate to keep him.

Anyone who watched him play in the second half of 2021 knew we had landed a beauty. Unlike some posters I felt the same when we landed Izak last year. I am confident he will join Dawson as an All Australian within a couple of years.

Sadly I suspect the same with Redman and it was a big loss, imho, when he decided to stay at Essendon.

Really devastating to hear about the Duursma trade. Bloke is an absolute spud that makes Port worse. A great loss for them :(
will fit in well at bombers with the other spuds they are collecting

and dont worry pear are gettinf another spud on bzt

Yes he is, but all the talk I've heard is he thought Hardwick was a massive knob after the first meeting with the leadership group. It's not a super reliable source but adequate enough. They never mentioned him wanting out though, just that he really disliked Hardwick and his approach to the leadership group. Basically layed the blame on their lack of leadership as the reason they aren't mentally strong enough as a club to play an entire season of good footy. Well that's what I was told 3rd hand info though
They should have a camp where the Richmond song is played over and over

will fit in well at bombers with the other spuds they are collecting

and dont worry pear are gettinf another spud on bzt
dance-potato.gif

So do you agree that he was just a good average player when we drafted him?

Clearly the Swans were joking when they said they were desperate to keep him.

Anyone who watched him play in the second half of 2021 knew we had landed a beauty. Unlike some posters I felt the same when we landed Izak last year. I am confident he will join Dawson as an All Australian within a couple of years.

Sadly I suspect the same with Redman and it was a big loss, imho, when he decided to stay at Essendon.

I think he had just broken out into one of the best half backs in the league.

However, I don't think either BnF results or a club being 'desperate to keep them' have anything to do with how Dawson, or any player is rated. Outside of confirmation that they're best 22, but hey, a game count tells you that.

If a club isn't desperate to keep a player, it's a good indication they think their opposition has overpaid. Has nothing to do with rating.

Yes he is, but all the talk I've heard is he thought Hardwick was a massive knob after the first meeting with the leadership group. It's not a super reliable source but adequate enough. They never mentioned him wanting out though, just that he really disliked Hardwick and his approach to the leadership group. Basically layed the blame on their lack of leadership as the reason they aren't mentally strong enough as a club to play an entire season of good footy. Well that's what I was told 3rd hand info though

Im on Hardwicks side. He has to change the culture of that club and the only way to do that is to walk in and make drastic changes. Some players will be put off side. Obviously how the players approach things has not worked. They got arguably one of the best draftees in Rowell and they have turned him into a spud. A shell of his former self. Under the right coach someone like Rowell will become the top 10 player in the comp he should be. Not that he will have an overnight premiership, but you feel Hardwick walking into the club is their Blight moment. As in it will propell them into a competitive and successful club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 9, 19, 22 and 25.

What are GC asking for pick 10? 22 and 25 = 1601 points, 10 is worth 1395.

Still have McAdam trade to go through.

Could end up with 9, 10 and 19.

Haven't followed closely list spots, but maybe 3 picks on night 1 then shut up shop?
Is 19 the last pick of Night 1 or first of Night 2 (assuming they still do a split over two days).

If so, take 9 and 10 in, and sell 19 to the highest bidder for future picks.

Is 19 the last pick of Night 1 or first of Night 2 (assuming they still do a split over two days).

If so, take 9 and 10 in, and sell 19 to the highest bidder for future picks.
Last pick of the first night.. as its classed as a first round compo pick.. just end of first..

Last edited:
Jeez, if Freo needs a first round pick this year so they can go after Logan McDonald next year, then give them 19 for ports future first, can even tack on Ned but Ports first would be a great death thread
I wonder if we offered PA a 2nd for their F1.

Jeez, if Freo needs a first round pick this year so they can go after Logan McDonald next year, then give them 19 for ports future first, can even tack on Ned but Ports first would be a great death thread
Don’t get that, if they are going after McDonald next year they’ll want next years picks not this year

With Lachie Schulz wanting out that’s going to leave a McHenry-sized hole in Fred’s forward line that they’re going to need to fill.
I guess we shouldn’t stand in Ned’s way if he wants to further his career with this move.

Imagine going about your usual business at Dockers HQ and that little prick jumps out of a wheelie bin. Stuff of nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back